Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie turns 40 years young  (Read 22524 times)
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »

These photos are so refreshing it's amazing!  Spontaneous some, and the others, even if they are posed have little artifice about them.  Really unfair that they have to stay in the background.  I can't understand why people can't see this.  Is Joachim so disliked by the Danes or Fred so liked?  Confused
Maluna

Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2016, 01:39:58 PM »

Purple, yes unfortunately Joachim is pretty disliked by many danes. They usually find him very snobbed and "High-nosed" ... Actually both Joachim and his father, Prince Henrik are the two royals, most danes loves to hate, and often without and reasonable excuse; just to have someone to Pick on  Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down
Personally I like Them both, my biggest "issue" in the royal family is Mary ... She's too bust trying to be everything she isn't.

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »

I agree with Maluna (good to see you, btw  Hug ). I often feel like it's grown up bullying how they're treated. Very ugly and unfairly. And they never go after Mosh which actually WOULD be fair.

esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2016, 03:49:17 PM »

Although I am not a Dane, I suspect that Fred and Mary wont be the target of the press because they are the Heir/future consort.  From what I have learned on RD is that the press is easy on the DRF as a whole so they have to "let off steam" and thus Joachim and Henrik are the targets.  Henrik, though, makes himself easy pickings, IMO.  Welcome Maluna  Star love to have more Danes and your opinions! ( course love you Harls  Star  Beer  )
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2016, 04:52:39 PM »

Thanks Maluna  Star

I can understand why Henrik might invite ridicule because his behaviour is infantile at times (though his argument about being a king and not a prince consort is almost inverted sexism:  Mary will be Queen but Henrik always remains a "mere" prince, but I don't want to go off topic.

I think a king (or a queen) has to be respected and not necessarily liked because he's a good guy.

It really blows my mind that Mary is so well liked and I'm always scratching my brain trying to figure out why.

Anyway, in the long run, the genuine relationship that Marie and Joachim will pay off - I hope

Katestolemyname

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2016, 03:48:34 PM »

Thanks for sharing Smiley Marie is so beautiful and seems like such an awesome person.
EstellesBows

Medium Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2016, 07:23:50 PM »

They are such a lovely family and Marie is aging so gracefully.

What a shame they can't be the crown prince family.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Maluna

Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2016, 05:59:25 PM »

Thanks Harley and Esther Angeline  Star  Star
I know I'm a bit quiet sometimes but I'm here
Yes, I think they should concentrate more about going after Mosh instead of Jokke, but we all know who's the Billed-Bladet's favorite ...  Halo

@Purple  Star you're welcome
I understand about Henrik too, although I have always stood up for that man, I begin to be a bit tired of his "show".
He won't be King, but hey he has been living like one for centuries so I really don't understand the whole drama!!

I scratch my brain to understand the huge Mary-looooove too, you are definitely not alone on that  Yikes

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2016, 06:19:07 PM »

Thanks Harley and Esther Angeline  Star  Star
I know I'm a bit quiet sometimes but I'm here
Yes, I think they should concentrate more about going after Mosh instead of Jokke, but we all know who's the Billed-Bladet's favorite ...  Halo

@Purple  Star you're welcome
I understand about Henrik too, although I have always stood up for that man, I begin to be a bit tired of his "show".
He won't be King, but hey he has been living like one for centuries so I really don't understand the whole drama!!

I scratch my brain to understand the huge Mary-looooove too, you are definitely not alone on that  Yikes

EB does go after Mary regularly, but we don't see that because the majority of their articles on spending money so frivolously is only in the printed version and not online, unless you have a subscription.

Maluna

Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2016, 03:07:01 PM »

That's true PeDe. EB is in generel an anti-royal newspaper, so I guess they are the only one daring to write in a negative kinda way - even about the Dane's Darling  Halo  Thinking

VeggiePrincess

Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2016, 06:53:01 PM »

I absolutely adore Marie and her lovely family. I can't wait to read the magazine when I get home to my grandmother Smiley

Speaking of her danish, I remember a clip from a programme (I think it was made just around the wedding) where she was walking casually around the castle practising a speech. She seemed very into learning the words and pronunciation and seemed very keen at doing a good job at the event.
At the same time there was a programme with Mary where she was seen in a car on the way to the event trying to learn the words and having to ask her lady in waiting what some of the words meant.

To me that symbolizes the difference between the two; Marie actually cares and she wants to make a good impression by practise, where as Mary doesn't really care because she knows the magazines will praise her just because she wears a pretty dress and she seems very superficial and Marie very genuine.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »

Marie celebrated her 40th birthday with guests at the Klampenborg house on June 4.

Fred minus his wife, Carina and Gustav SWB attended

(With a ginormous merci to Oc?ane from http://danemarkjoachimetmarie.centerblog.net/  Jumping )

http://danemarkjoachimetm...rie-et-joachim-4-mai-2016

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2016, 12:24:12 PM »

I hope she had a great party.

Carina looks good. She really has a great body.

No icon, huh? Lucky Marie.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 12:52:38 PM by Harley » Logged

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2016, 12:46:37 PM »

The Icon didn't attend the party...

Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2016, 12:50:17 PM »

Problems with the schedule? Sick? One of the children sick? Not invited? Didn't want to go?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: