Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kinnekskanner - New Lux documentary  (Read 8611 times)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2016, 12:17:18 PM »

RTL.lu will show the new documentary tomorrow (14.2.) at 18:15 and at 21:00. It will be available via livestream http://tele.rtl.lu/livestream/ or as replay for some time.
So, what can we expect from this?
- A lot of propaganda, the aim was to make the GD family look good and normal and as a happy, united family
- They filmed the complete year 2015, so we have the Octave without Gui and Linus, the anniversary of the return of GD Charlotte without Gui and Linus (if they include this important event), the National Day, Cabasson (Gui and Linus missed the family shooting), the economic missions (Linus in the see-through skirt in a Muslim country)
- Rehearsed and not spontaneous interviews (there is no way that they didn't get the questions beforehand and prepared answers and learnd them by heart before the actual interviews)
- A lot of stupid blabbling from Linus and Gui. I fully expect Linus to blabb such nonsense as: it was very important for me to learn the language because it helps me understand the Lux culture. You can't learn how to be a princess/HGD, it must come from your heart. Everybody was so nice to me and helped me feel at home...
- Lots of strange things from Gui and Linus, just not natural behaviour
- Not sure how much we will get to see from MT since the first part of the year was very difficult for her (her brother died) but she and Henri looked very united in the trailers, so I guess we get to see more of the more "private" moments of them together and with their grandchildren
- a lot of photoshop in the videos
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 06:21:54 PM »

the whole thing is live now but will be repeated later as well
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 06:36:54 PM »

RTL.lu will show the new documentary tomorrow (14.2.) at 18:15 and at 21:00. It will be available via livestream http://tele.rtl.lu/livestream/ or as replay for some time.
So, what can we expect from this?
- A lot of propaganda, the aim was to make the GD family look good and normal and as a happy, united family
- They filmed the complete year 2015, so we have the Octave without Gui and Linus, the anniversary of the return of GD Charlotte without Gui and Linus (if they include this important event), the National Day, Cabasson (Gui and Linus missed the family shooting), the economic missions (Linus in the see-through skirt in a Muslim country)
- Rehearsed and not spontaneous interviews (there is no way that they didn't get the questions beforehand and prepared answers and learnd them by heart before the actual interviews)
- A lot of stupid blabbling from Linus and Gui. I fully expect Linus to blabb such nonsense as: it was very important for me to learn the language because it helps me understand the Lux culture. You can't learn how to be a princess/HGD, it must come from your heart. Everybody was so nice to me and helped me feel at home...
- Lots of strange things from Gui and Linus, just not natural behaviour
- Not sure how much we will get to see from MT since the first part of the year was very difficult for her (her brother died) but she and Henri looked very united in the trailers, so I guess we get to see more of the more "private" moments of them together and with their grandchildren
- a lot of photoshop in the videos

I'm watching it right now.  They're interviewing Linus and Lobster.  She really, really, really has a resting bitch face when she's looking at him while he talks.  She looks like his disapproving mother who stares at her son in an annoyed way while he speaks. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 06:45:43 PM »

One thing I keep noticing about Linus is that she's very confident when she speaks.  Despite her terrible posture when she walks, her speaking and sitting posture when speaking are very confident, very dominant.  She behaves that way in all the footage they show of her-meeting with commoners, meeting with Mathilde at that concert in Belgium.  I think she's just an arrogant, dominant, snobbish person.  I don't think it's one of those cases where someone comes off as snobby because they're shy.  I think that what you see is what you get with her-and that's not necessarily positive in terms of her personality. 

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 06:52:31 PM »

Laugh bounce Laughing   Laughing  They're showing Sebastian "graduating" with his "degree" from the university in the US. 

ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 07:05:23 PM »

I'm watching it online, don't understand a word being spoken. However I am surprised how much they are showing all the family, each child of MT and H getting their own airtime and not just Guillaume and Stephanie as I expected.

BTW when they showed the family at Cabasson and the younger ones were all sitting round the table, who was the guy next to Alexandra? It didn't seem to be one of the cousins, BF maybe?
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 07:10:18 PM »

I'm enjoying the footage from Cabasson.   They seem like a really close and happy family.  I wonder what the dynamic would have been like if G&S were there?  I can't imagine Linus being as warm and casual as the rest of the family. 

Claire has a really weird vein thingy that pops out of her forehead.   Thinking  Just something I couldn't help but notice. 

I love seeing the footage of MT around Noah and Gabriel.  She clearly adores her grandchildren. 

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 07:30:09 PM »

First impressions
Ok pure propaganda for the GD family and lots political propaganda (especially Gui and Linus repeating lots of things that are very pro GAMBIA government). And a failed attempt to show a united family, everybody in Lux knows that the family is not united any longer (remember the important events Gui and Linus missed).
Far too much Gui and Linus and not enough about the others  Thumb down. Not worth to buy the DVD that will be available afterwards
For the interviews and Linus speaking: they got the questions beforehand and she seemed to have learned it by heart

MT
- She said that GD is a fulltime job and that she also works behind the scenes (something your hear often in Lux, so I believe her)
- She said that she did not only marry the love of her life but also a new country and the people and that she is with her heart and soul Luxembourger and that she found her roots in Lux (being a stranger in the US and in Switzerland)
- MT talks about the costs of the cour and that the money they get is for the salaries etc but not for their children
- she is proud of her children and grandchildren and misses them but Lux is too small for so many princes but whenever they need them to do work for Lux, they come
- talks about her foundation and what she does (helping lots of people)
- she is very thankful for her husband who is still the love of her life and who always stands by her

Henri
- We live and work in Lux (adressing the MT haters who say that MT lives in Paris)
- MT supports him and is his best advisor
- He is lucky that he has such an intelligent and active wife who supports him
- Alex finished her studies in Paris and wants to continue with a Master and maybe a PhD
- Seba finished his studies and comes back to Lux (so is he back now in Lux?)
- he is proud of his children and DILs
- talks about his 60 years, he doesn't feel like 60
- he likes to talk with the people
- MT and the mayor organised the surprise birthday cake for him at the National Day
- MT organised a surprise for his birthday (conducting a big orchestra)

MT/Henri as a couple
- as expected lots of PDA
- some nice family moments
- nice family scenes from Cabasson without Gui/Linus (they skipped the shooting because they had an "event" in Lux but there was no proof of the event). And Henri saying that they all meet there and that his dad loves to meet them all in Cabasson and still Gui and Linus couldn't manage to come for the film/photos  Whistle? I mean rtl would have come any day the family told them to come, it's not that they couldn't ahve found a date if they wanted to go
- interesting what Henri said about Christmas. That they celebrate as a family but that there are couples and that some couples have other obligations.
- nice scenes at the end with MT, Henri and the little doggie taking a walk at Berg in the gardens

Gui/Linus
- going on about the economic missions and that they prepare well for them. Yes, by wearing see-through skirts in Muslim countries  Thumb down
- Linus talking nonsense. She didn't know anything about the language and nearly nothing about the country 3 years ago. She learns everyday and even the GD learns something new every day
- Linus reminds me of my most hated and meanest teacher at school, I can't stand her voice, she gives me the creeps

Felix / Claire
- Felix representing his parents at the film festival in France, seems to be doing a much better job than Gui in representing
- Felix talking about his job at the winery
- Felix seems to be far more down to earth than Gui and a much nicer guy
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 07:43:29 PM »

In the parts that I saw, I couldn't help but notice that Linus and Guillaume don't interact much with Guillaume's siblings.  In the scene where they're walking to the place where they cast their ballots, Linus and Guillaume walk ahead of everybody else both going into and leaving the place.  That's kind of weird, IMO, especially because they don't all see each other all the time.  Louis and Tessy were there from London, and Alex doesn't live in Luxembourg.   Thinking 

In the scene where it shows Linus and Guillaume out for a "date" (she's in that white poncho thingy), she links her arm through his, but instead of letting her had rest on his arm like normal people would do, her hand is clenched tightly into a fist.  I've never seen anybody do that before, especially not someone walking with the person they love. 

This video just confirms what I've thought all along-they are strange, awkward, and cold.  They don't come off as very likable in this documentary, IMO. 

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 07:48:37 PM »

and they knew they were filmed  Whistle. She gives me the impression that she is a very cold, calculating gold digger who doesn't like to be touched by her own husband. That's why I feel sometimes a bit sorry for Gui. Yes he married her but I think he just had a very late rebellious phase and wanted to marry somebody like his granny to piss off his parents. Henri wasn't very convincing when he praised them and MT didn'T even bother to praise Linus. And strange that there was no real interaction between MT and Linus, and the whole aim of the film was to show a united family and to advertise the family
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 07:54:32 PM »

Just from appearances (as I didn't understand what was said) the family came off very well. I was surprised how much the rest of the family were shown as usually documentaries like this are to promote the monarchy thus similar documentaries in other countries tend to focus on the sovereign and the heir with only honourable mentions to the other members of the royal family. In this case they seemed to go out of their way to discuss the other royals.

All I really got from the G & L interview was how much makeup Guillaume seemed to be sporting.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 07:55:07 PM »

and they knew they were filmed  Whistle. She gives me the impression that she is a very cold, calculating gold digger who doesn't like to be touched by her own husband. That's why I feel sometimes a bit sorry for Gui. Yes he married her but I think he just had a very late rebellious phase and wanted to marry somebody like his granny to piss off his parents. Henri wasn't very convincing when he praised them and MT didn'T even bother to praise Linus. And strange that there was no real interaction between MT and Linus, and the whole aim of the film was to show a united family and to advertise the family

They really shouldn't have focused so much on them.  I understand that it is expected to hear from the heir and his wife, but this video does them no favors.  It shows them to be cold and weird.  I'd have liked to see more and hear more from the rest of the family.  The scenes at Cabasson were great, and they were successful in showing the family as close and likable.  

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 07:57:53 PM »

Just from appearances (as I didn't understand what was said) the family came off very well. I was surprised how much the rest of the family were shown as usually documentaries like this are to promote the monarchy thus similar documentaries in other countries tend to focus on the sovereign and the heir with only honourable mentions to the other members of the royal family. In this case they seemed to go out of their way to discuss the other royals.

All I really got from the G & L interview was how much makeup Guillaume seemed to be sporting.

I'm really glad they showed the rest of the family.  They were the best part of the film.  The heir and wife have zero personality or charisma, and H&MT speaking the whole time would have been a bit boring, IMO.  They should have shown more of the family. 

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 08:02:44 PM »

Mean little me thinks some of Henri and MT's comments and some of the Gui/Linus scenes were deliberate diggs at Gui/Linus. Both MT and Henri said that this is a fulltime job and that the people are important and the Cabasson and christmas parts had more in them. Everybody in Lux knows that the heir and his wife are missing out on family events, so Henri and MT talking about family and about how proud they are about their children is saying a lot without saying much. RTL filmed them for 1 year and they can't even get a scene without Linus clenching her fist when Gui touches her  Thinking? And yes, I think that at least Henri and MT were shown the final version before it was aired tonight (Linus and Gui are having an event tonight, so no watching the thing with mommy and daddy)
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 08:12:19 PM »

Interesting that MT said being GD was full time work and she does a lot behind the scenes, this could be seen as either supporting the notion Stephanie and Gui do a lot behind the scenes or a dig at them for not doing enough and seeing their roles as full time.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: