Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kinnekskanner - New Lux documentary  (Read 9010 times)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 08:17:35 PM »

the only thing Linus does behind the scenes is going to Belgium whenever she can, buying expensive, ill-fitting clothes or counting her scarves. She did skip all important events of her patronages, not something somebody does who works behind the scenes. And MT stressed that she prepares (together with her staff) all events at the Palais or at Berg (the dinners, decoration, table settings etc). She also discussed with the gardener how the gardens should look like in one scene and which flower decoration she wanted for an event. Plus MT was seen at work behind the scenes and Linus wasn't
ralf103

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 08:35:22 PM »

Did they mention MT's fear of flying in the documentary? I'm not making a dig, just curious.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 08:37:00 PM »

They didn't but the cour made an official statement about it last year. They also left the death of her brother out (which was right, this was a private family affair).
esther angeline

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 08:50:06 PM »

Star to Trie 1 and Pixie for the commentery
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2016, 08:56:52 PM »

Star to Trie 1 and Pixie for the commentery

Hug Star
Jonathan

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 11:16:55 PM »

the whole thing is live now but will be repeated later as well

Do you know when it will be repeated

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 11:47:07 PM »

Hello to everybody, i'm new to the board (although lurking around for quite a while).
You can watch the rtl replay over here http://tele.rtl.lu/v/3054621/.
And for the french speakers, Place Royale, a belgium royal watching  channel will air it next saturday http://www.rtl.be/rtltvi/...e/place-royale/813.aspx,a belgium. I strongly guess that they will at least have french subtitles
Royal Di

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2016, 11:47:57 PM »

The whole thing is live now but will be repeated later as well
Do you know when it will be repeated?
I'm watching it online, don't understand a word being spoken. However I am surprised how much they are showing all the family, each child of MT and H getting their own airtime and not just Guillaume and Stephanie, as I expected.   BTW. when they showed the family at Cabasson and the younger ones were all sitting round the table, who was the guy next to Alexandra? It didn't seem to be one of the cousins, BF maybe?

Jonathan, I just watch the rerun at this link that was provided by someone at the Royal Forums: http://tele.rtl.lu/v/3054621/

Ralf103, I, too, wondered if the man next to Alexandra was possibly a boyfriend.  When I went back to watch it again, I could see that it was her cousin, Christoph of Austria.  He looks different because he has a very short haircut but you can tell it is him if you look at the group picture where he is wearing the same light blue shirt holding his daughter.

Happy to see that Sibilla is shown at Cabasson as she was not in the group photo.  Her family owned a lovely house near Cabasson which is how Prince Guillaume, Sr. and she met.  I wonder if they still own it and if she and her husband and kids stay there.

melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 12:10:23 AM »

During the documentary, Henry relates that it was Sybillas grandfather who suggested his  mother, Grand Duchess Charlotte to buy Cabasson, next to his estate "Villa la Reine Jeanne"
ralf103

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 01:59:46 AM »

Interesting observation... when Henri is conducting the orchestra (great skill to have BTW) it appears Gui and Stephanie are sitting in the middle of the second or third row, when the camera pans out later a lady in red is seen sitting much further back. When she comes on stage to speak MT is wearing red, so if it was her why not sit together? I get it must be fun to have a whole auditorium to yourself but wouldn't most other people sit in the same general area as their son and daughter in law?
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 03:47:45 AM »

It's interesting to hear and watch the completely effortless switching between French and German (or Luxembourgish?) without a pause, especially by MT.

Overall the family came across well. I thought Stephanie appears more engaged and polished when she is moving than in still photos.

Henri reminds me so much of David Bowie. They could have been brothers.
Mary Stuart

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 05:20:30 AM »

I loved how MT was so warm especially toward her grandchildren. At the very end when they are taking photographs her joking about her bad side, it just made her so accessible. I would love to have a few drinks with her, she seems like great fun!
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 07:07:22 AM »

Finally happy to have video showing what I have frequently pointed out : Stephanie is in no way,shape or form shy,unassuming and meek. She is self assured and confident. I think they should start sending her out on her own because I think it could only improve her image.

But I also can see that a lot of her glares are not resting bitch face but active bitch face. And it is seemingly directed towards Gui and the family. When interacting with people during the featured engagements she seemed friendly and interested most of the time. Especially at the events without Gui. I now feel safe saying whatever she was feeling on her wedding day is pretty much dead. He appears to REALLY annoy her. In group scenes with the rest of the family it seems that he was required to stick to her side and she had no interest in interacting with the others.

- I actually spit out my drink laughing within the first minute or two. Poor awkward Gui was trying to wink and flirt with Steph.

And this was the look he got back

Lots of shots seemed setup in hopes of Steph giving him an adoring look as he spoke. Instead they got a lot of these.

Photos don't do Alexandra justice in terms of looks or personality. In action she if very very pretty and she seems really sweet too.

-Tessy and Claire obviously adore MT and the feeling seems to be mutual.

- Very pleased to see Sibylla's hair in its natural state for the first time since her wedding reception.

-If Sebastian insists on running shirtless then he should buy a sports bra.

-While Henri was conducting the orchestra Step and Gui started off here beside Tessy

But they moved at some point.

-My unfailing Claire sugardom continues. She may be vain but she isn't  Mary 2.0 at all. More like Marie 2.0 No stunts and no staring at the camera. She seems very bonded to Amalia and in the Cabasson section her hair is wet in a stringy ponytail and she doesn't have any makeup on.

When it comes to Felix/Claire,Tessy/Louis Vs Linus and Gui this shot from the documentary sums it up perfectly.

But for me the best part is that when Step speaks she repeatedly makes this face
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 07:11:39 AM »

Man, I would love a transcript to know what they're all saying!

Steph's faces kill me. Oh my God.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 10:55:03 AM »

I gave a short summary of the most important things they said on the first page, sorry don't have the time to give a more detailed description. BTW, I would not trust the Belgium guy who does the repeat on saturday, he is as bad as our German RSE and I'm sure that some of the things will be changed so that the little diggs towards some family members won't be included and only the false praise will be included
I'm not surprised that MT didn't want to sit next to Linus, there was no real interaction between them during the last year, no joint private events, their contact seems to be cut down to the bare minimum and only a show for the cameras (national day, state visits, church events).
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: