Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 - Monegasque Rose Ball  (Read 17214 times)
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2016, 04:26:37 PM »

this event usually has some great fashions (great > good  Thumb up and great >  bad  Yikes )  has anyone seen any links with the guests?

we've already had the bad.....wth was Charlotte thinking?  does crazy Uncle Karl just show up with what he wants them to wear and they humor him and  put it on without a mirror?  that jumpsuit needs to go in the fugly hall of shame, it's like Elvis had a baby with the tooth fairy!   He's way past his use/by date YUCK  Dead   either that or he hates their guts and just sees how far he can go and how ridiculous they'll go.....I'm baffled

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2016, 05:18:00 PM »

Beatrice dress is nice. But compared to her in law family she seems to be overdressed, or the others just underdressed.............

I also like Alexandra's dress, but without that hideous overdo.
melk12

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2016, 11:21:51 PM »

Alexandra dress is looks nice without that coat.

I said Beatrice looked over the top, and I still think it, but if the family had her sense of style, i could consider them glamorous. In that event they just look tacky. Charlene and Beatrice are the only ones who look elegant on events. Probably and fortunately Gabriella will inherit her mother sense of style. And hopefully, Alexandra will develop a better style and will not turn a fashion victim like her mother and sister.

Unfortunately I find too much Hannover in Alexandra to be pretty.  But she did really looked thrilled to be there!

Yeah, I understand that, but IMO she has "something"  that's has not to do with her appearance at all. Body language and personality also help to make someone look pretty. Though I'm not really fan of Hannover family looks, think she's a somewhat prettier version of her father. Maybe it's the remaining kelly genes still soing some work.

That is what french magazine Gala says about Charlene's absence:

Saturday, March 19 at the Rose Ball in Monaco, the experts of the princely family could not help wondering about the absence of Charlene, wife of Prince Albert, although it was not really a surprise. Between the table decorated with Cuban sauce, you could usually hear: "She does not want to overshadow Caroline, who is the mistress of ceremony." There are certainly some elegance in the absence, especially when one wishes to put on the spotlight on the one who, for the occasion, receives and carries a ball designed by Karl Lagerfeld that both marks the beginning of summer Monte Carlo and proceeds to benefit the Princess Grace Foundation.

On the side of the palace, it simply says: "Charlene would rather stay home to care for her children after a ski holiday in Switzerland. "As it is said, the princess had other things to do, namely to be a mom, rather than jiggle the sound of Cuban music while sipping a Mojito.

Hm... cheap excuses. It seems she cant stand Caroline and that part of the family, don't know if there's anything going on, or she simply feels out place on those events. Anyway, I would do the same. Would rather stay home and doing my personal stuffs than be an event faking smiles. Neither Stephanie was there, actually. I would like to call her lazy, but honestly I don't blame her at all.
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2016, 11:41:11 PM »

NO Stephanie or her kids
NO Charlene
JUST Caroloine and her family

Hm... cheap excuses. It seems she cant stand Caroline and that part of the family, don't know if there's anything going on, or she simply feels out place on those events. Anyway, I would do the same. Would rather stay home and doing my personal stuffs than be an event faking smiles. Neither Stephanie was there, actually. I would like to call her lazy, but honestly I don't blame her at all.

Stephanie and her kids weren't expected to be there, she hasn't attended the Rose Ball since 2003 I think . She usually attend the Red Cross ball with Albert & Charlene ( she's patron of the Monegasque Red Cross I think, or at least she's very involved) , while Caroline attends the Rose Ball. So I'm not surprised that Stephanie wasn't there, she doesn't attend anymore.
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2016, 11:47:46 PM »

There seems to be some deal with Karl Lagerfeld that he will dress the trio of Caroline, Charlotte and Alexandra. It seems like year after year they wear something from the upcoming Chanel resort line at this event.

Chanel has been dressing Caroline for forever it seems , she has worn Chanel to every rose ball since at least 2000 according to my google search and I think that the deal extended to her daughters since Charlotte has worn Chanel to every rose ball she attended, even more now that Karl Lagerfeld is the one behind the designs & set up of the Ball since 2011 I think
Caroline is wearing Chanel for most of her events & private outings and Charlotte does too but less than her mother
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2016, 07:56:39 PM »

this event usually has some great fashions (great > good  Thumb up and great >  bad  Yikes )  has anyone seen any links with the guests?

"Princess Barbie" and hubby
http://www.gettyimages.co...illa-news-photo/516540204
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2016, 08:50:14 PM »

thanks so much, kinda low key for Barbie, I like it (except for the orange scarf thingy)  Charlotte still wins the worst horror for the ball gown (Uncle Karl needs to retire)

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2016, 10:55:52 PM »

This ball has truly lost its shine.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2016, 11:31:05 AM »

thanks so much, kinda low key for Barbie, I like it (except for the orange scarf thingy)  Charlotte still wins the worst horror for the ball gown (Uncle Karl needs to retire)

Was that a ball gown??? I thought Charley wanted to go sky diving...........
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2016, 04:40:19 PM »

Jumping Laugh bounce Laughing  ROFL fine laugh out loud post Thank you Principessa  Star

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2016, 05:47:02 PM »

Jumping Laugh bounce Laughing  ROFL fine laugh out loud post Thank you Principessa  Star

You're welcome 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: