Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince George of Cambridge - NEWS/Photos  (Read 1399752 times)
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #6465 on: August 24, 2019, 02:59:11 AM »

Broadway Fires Back At Lara Spencer For Laughing About Boys Taking Ballet On GOOD MORNING AMERICA
Tony Award winning director/choreographer Jerry Mitchell took to Instagram to call out the program for their insensitive remarks, saying "Really? Some of us take ballet. Some of us win TONY AWARDS cus we took ballet. Miss thing, it's 2019... Get a life."

Other Broadway notables took to Twitter to share their thoughts, including Erich Bergen (Waitress), Keala Settle (Waitress/The Greatest Showman), Julia Murney (Wicked), Andrew Lippa, and more.

https://www.broadwayworld...-MORNING-AMERICA-20190823

#boysdancetoo  Yes

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6466 on: August 25, 2019, 06:19:11 PM »

I read all the replies, and good on everybody who stood up. What an disgusting adult, and irresponsible women to make such a remark. Mr. Pede took ballet throughout college and the discipline, strength and indurance it takes to go through training like that is only rivaled by martial arts training, his words, not mine, and he did both.

SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6467 on: August 26, 2019, 01:44:06 AM »

Also does this moron not realise that boys are needed just as much in ballet as girls?? There are male parts too!!!
The girl should watch Billy Elliot, then maybe she'd realise how oppressive and judgmental she is with regards to the ambitions of boys.
The most important thing is George... If he's happy doing ballet, why on earth would you try and stop him (again a theme in Billy elliot!)
Plus I like the fact that unlike his father, uncle, grandad, great uncles, forefathers etc, he has not been dressed in kid's military uniforms or seen brandishing a gun. Its quite refreshing to see and challenges the idea of royal men as being pushed into the armed forces. If George wants to serve, that's fine, and probably will happen, but for now let him be a kid and let him choose the hobbies he wants to!
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #6468 on: August 26, 2019, 12:16:13 PM »

Gene Kelly's widow has taken aim at Lara.

Kate kills trees, pass it on
Eliza B

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6469 on: August 26, 2019, 12:49:11 PM »

American football players take ballet to help with their game/agility on the field. 

My old pilates teacher taught the high school football players pilates for the same purpose (it's roots are in ballet).

Sounds like dance is compulsory at the school,  so George enjoying it is so great so he's not dragging his heels in his school activities.  It's a good thing.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6470 on: August 26, 2019, 12:52:42 PM »

Gene Kelly's widow has taken aim at Lara.

Gene Kelly has been dead for almost 25 years. Does anyone even know who Patricia Ward Kelly is and why she needs to chime in on this? She's a nobody in the scheme of things, and was considered a gold digger. I was surprised to learn she's still alive.

Disclaimer: I adore Gene and always have, and know why he's generally relevant to the topic of boys/men and dancing (he spent part of his stellar career trying to break the taboo of men dancing, for those who don't know). But those yahoos probably went "Gene who?"

You go, George. Dance to your heart's content.

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #6471 on: August 26, 2019, 01:29:02 PM »

I read about it and, honstly, at first I thought it was a bad-taste joke. I'm sorry to learn that someone on tv mocked a kid for a hobby.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6472 on: August 26, 2019, 11:42:07 PM »

Both of my sons took ballet at a very good ballet school (Cornish School in Seattle). Nobody made any kind of a big deal of it one way or another. Years later when my eldest son -- who grew to be 6'10" -- was playing basketball in high school, his coach asked him how he could jump so high. David's response? ``Plie power.'' And it was true, he did know how do get that long lean body up off the ground, something he learned early on in ballet class.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6473 on: August 27, 2019, 01:45:14 AM »

In response to @LaraSpencerís harmful mocking of a young boys (in this case, Prince George) who enjoy taking ballet classes, a group of professional male dancers led a class for boys and girls outside the @GMA studio this morning ó a lovely sight to wake up to #BoysDanceToo

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #6474 on: August 27, 2019, 02:03:51 AM »

I'm glad they are doing this. Boys should be supported as much as we support girls in their interests, instead of telling them it's not for them. Hopefully little boys who dance or do things 'outside the box' will feel supported - I know my little boy does. The bullying in school has already started and he is still very young. Sad
KimmySue

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #6475 on: August 27, 2019, 04:37:30 AM »

Ellie,

So sorry about the bullying.  Sad  I hope your son continues to do things "outside the box" and doesn't let bullies discourage him from doing something he loves!
KimmySue

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #6476 on: August 27, 2019, 04:40:19 AM »

In response to @LaraSpencerís harmful mocking of a young boys (in this case, Prince George) who enjoy taking ballet classes, a group of professional male dancers led a class for boys and girls outside the @GMA studio this morning ó a lovely sight to wake up to #BoysDanceToo

I saw video of this. It was amazing!! I think I read that there were over 300 people there! Kids and adults. Such a positive way to respond to something that was so negative.
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #6477 on: August 27, 2019, 08:30:13 AM »

I'm so glad many people have come out in response to this.

It is harmful stereotypes and behaviour such as this that discourages all children from reaching their full potential.

To be told  constantly in a child's most formative years that their favourite activity is not allowed because of gender and/or enduring ridicule for it is deeply damaging.

The fact that Lara Spencer, who is a other herself, would publicly ridicule a 5 year old over an activity which will help him in the long run is beyond offensive.
Carreen

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6478 on: August 27, 2019, 05:34:40 PM »

What a stupid and offensive remark by Lara Spencer - no idea who she is btw! Would she laugh about Nureyev, too? Dancing is just like music, art, sports etc a wonderful activity that's important for the healthy development of children.

I HATE people who make fun of kids because their own horizons are so narrow that all they can see before them are norms and cliches. I'm so glad there was a strong answer!
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: