Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's 2016 Donation Deficiency Tally  (Read 126419 times)
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2016, 01:40:10 AM »

I wonder if she is having a new wardrobe made for the India/Bhutan tour or if she's going to try to go the frugal princess way and recycle things from Canada and Australia.
I hope she recycles a lot because there are a lot of outfits she wore during their tours that were never repeated and are definitely worth it - for example the red coat-dress that she wore when they arrived to Australia with George is a perfect example IMHO.
I don't think she'll repeat much of her Canada/Australia wardrobe.The weather in India will be about 80F. I think we might see a few pieces from their South Seas tour.

She can wear some of her dresses. Especially from the New Zealand and Australia tour. She had a couple of short sleeved attire.
Vava

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2016, 01:42:07 AM »

maybe most of those would be best 'retired' for posterity!!!
 Jumping
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2016, 05:35:44 AM »

If Kannot's gingham check outfit cost $1731, she should have sent it back. At that price point the pseudo-belt on the front of the top should line up with the rest of the fabric's pattern.

In the back, the horizon lines of squares match up across the major back seams in top and bottom.
The fitting seams also line up horizontally with expected decrease vertically. So far, so good.
   \/\/\/

Going to the front of the garment, the belt & button detail spanning a central panel from seam to seam has gone wrong.
   \/\/\/

The yellow squares shows the inseam attachment.
The upper yellow dots show the horizontal shift attaching the belt detail. The error is in the overlapping belt fabric that wasn't aligned correctly with the base belt detail. It drops, revealing the white squares instead of matching the red squares as it should. The lower yellow dots also show the horizontal shift. In addition, the right button appears to be put through a buttonhole -- for no reason.

The skirt has correct matching patterns at the seams.

The 'belt' should have been attached and sewn with more care.
There was no need for a buttonhole either.
Simple hand-sewing to keep the two layers in place would have kept the 'belt' detail aligned.
Then the right side button could have been sewn correctly through the layers so the pattern would align correctly.

This dress should be fixed, for free, by the establishment sold the garment to the duchess. This garment should have never left the shop with this kind of poor detailing. IMO.

My question: why does she never notice these types of construction and matching errors in her clothing after all this time? The clothes should constructed well at these price points. Anything less should be returned or the pieces should be fixed, gratis, by the seller. Too bad she doesn't have a dresser or a stylist that can see these problems and remedy them. Hasn't learned much in almost five years I guess. What a pity.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2016, 10:21:12 AM »

Eponine London Gingham separates:

Outfit retails for $1731

Previous Total: $8993
New Total: $10724

It looks better on the model.

I was just going to say exactly that - the model looks great, Kate looks awful. I'm not sure if Kate looks too old and thin for it, or why...
I think it's hideous, no matter who is wearing it. As other posters have said, the skirt would work with a plain blouse, and equally I think the top would work with a plain bottom, but that would take a tiny bit of imagination. Together they're too much.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
QueenHappiness

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2016, 02:52:56 PM »

I can imagine Letizia wearing the top with some super sharp, slim black trousers, and totally rocking it.  But the skirt should be burned.  Slim as Kate is, this outfit does nothing for her, and the silly price makes me want to scream!
ortensia

Warned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »

i don't like sixties fashion and i think even audrey hepburn lost a bit of her allure in the 60ies.

therefore i am totally against this crazy gingham combo,which strips away every ounce of flair from the Duchess.

the major positive thing is that she manages to look better than the model,which is something that always boosts one's self esteem , but gingham works only with cropped pants,a tan,and most of all brigitte bardot's attitude.

LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2016, 04:36:25 PM »

I think one problem with the skirt is that the pleats sit inside the span of the models hips whereas with Kate they are practically at her hips.  If anything this outfit should have been bespoke and cut the design to fit Kate better instead of altering what looks like one that was already made.  Then the alterations that Pru pointed out should have matched.  Of course this would have sent the cost of the outfit into the thousands instead of just under $2,000 that she spent.  Either way, too much money once again wasted on an outfit that really doesn't work for her.
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2016, 07:20:03 PM »

I think one problem with the skirt is that the pleats sit inside the span of the models hips whereas with Kate they are practically at her hips.  If anything this outfit should have been bespoke and cut the design to fit Kate better instead of altering what looks like one that was already made.  Then the alterations that Pru pointed out should have matched.  Of course this would have sent the cost of the outfit into the thousands instead of just under $2,000 that she spent.  Either way, too much money once again wasted on an outfit that really doesn't work for her.

We've already seen a few bespoke garments for Kate that were very poorly made. IMO she just doesn't prepare with time for the engagements, buys something to wear the day before and just doesn't have time to make the proper alterations.
IMO a designer proud of his or her creations wouldn't allow them to look so bad on someone so very public if they can avoid it, and it's all Kate's fault
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2016, 07:43:17 PM »

IMO Kate (and other royals) already get too many perks BUT if I were a designer, it would be well worth sucking up the time to fit something specifically to her.  There's so little to talk about her that every article ends up talking about what she's wearing.  I'd rather her wear something else than see her wearing something of mine that really doesn't suit as it's not going to be good advertising.
Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2016, 12:54:56 AM »

If Kannot's gingham check outfit cost $1731, she should have sent it back. At that price point the pseudo-belt on the front of the top should line up with the rest of the fabric's pattern.

In the back, the horizon lines of squares match up across the major back seams in top and bottom.
The fitting seams also line up horizontally with expected decrease vertically. So far, so good.
   \/\/\/

Going to the front of the garment, the belt & button detail spanning a central panel from seam to seam has gone wrong.
   \/\/\/

The yellow squares shows the inseam attachment.
The upper yellow dots show the horizontal shift attaching the belt detail. The error is in the overlapping belt fabric that wasn't aligned correctly with the base belt detail. It drops, revealing the white squares instead of matching the red squares as it should. The lower yellow dots also show the horizontal shift. In addition, the right button appears to be put through a buttonhole -- for no reason.

The skirt has correct matching patterns at the seams.

The 'belt' should have been attached and sewn with more care.
There was no need for a buttonhole either.
Simple hand-sewing to keep the two layers in place would have kept the 'belt' detail aligned.
Then the right side button could have been sewn correctly through the layers so the pattern would align correctly.

This dress should be fixed, for free, by the establishment sold the garment to the duchess. This garment should have never left the shop with this kind of poor detailing. IMO.

My question: why does she never notice these types of construction and matching errors in her clothing after all this time? The clothes should constructed well at these price points. Anything less should be returned or the pieces should be fixed, gratis, by the seller. Too bad she doesn't have a dresser or a stylist that can see these problems and remedy them. Hasn't learned much in almost five years I guess. What a pity.

Awesome details, Pru.   Star Star Star
Michelle0187

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2016, 01:59:12 AM »

Over 1000 pounds for a project runway competition with dresses made out of a picnic cloth
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2016, 06:01:17 PM »

A new pair of shoes today. Because, you know, she only has like 11 other pair of black pumps she could have worn. But why wear old ones when you can buy a new pair!

Prada Pointy Toe Pumps $650.00

New Total: $11374
Skirt Queen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2016, 06:07:56 PM »

Oh, the irony of visiting a charity shop wearing a pair of $650 shoes!  Roll Eyes

It would have been nice to see her perhaps bringing bags of clothing to donate to the charity shop. Might have helped with her PR. I realize it might also cause hysteria with people lining up in droves to get their hands on her old clothes, but still.
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2016, 06:12:47 PM »

Oh, the irony of visiting a charity shop wearing a pair of $650 shoes!  Roll Eyes

The suede is supposed to trick you that it's one of her other similar suede shoes.
The recycled coat is meant to further deflect attention away from the shoes.
Kaiserin

Huge Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2016, 06:24:13 PM »

WHY can't she buy at least ONE f*cking pair of INTERESTING shoes? Two-tone, any kind of pleated pattern or laser cut, embroidery, or with some interesting detail like a diagonal band, combination of different leather, patterned heal ...
For 650 bucks, you'd get such beautiful & unique pieces, it makes me cry to see that one could waste this amount of money on a plain pair of suede pumps.

But, NO, she keeps on buying the same boring plain suede pumps in either black, brown or navy, only difference is the name of the label on the sole or some 0.5 cm difference in height.

I am so over her being dressed in one color from head to toe, it's so predictable and boring beyond belief.
Even though Maxima has some misses, I prefer her fashion risks over Mrs. Boringbridges choices - Max at least shows that she considers fashion as being fun and her clothes make people smile.
Waitys fashion is yawn-inducing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: