Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royals - princesses looking bad. Is it a curse?  (Read 11824 times)
Chutney Flashalot

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 12:57:31 AM »

I've been thinking about this lately as well. I also think that in general the born-in princesses are ageing better.
Lots of the married-in's are going the plastic surgery/botox/skeletal slimming route to fight the ageing process, which of course is a sad reflection on society. I can't think any of the born-ins who are doing this. Can anyone think of any? Madde maybe? I don't think Stephanie of Monaco has but i could be wrong.
I just hope my girl Vic doesn't go near a botox needle, i would be disappointed (but understand the pressure of course)  Nerves

Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 01:22:56 AM »

Stephanie had a nice set of bosoms added a few years ago.  Does that count?
Chutney Flashalot

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 01:36:08 AM »

Stephanie had a nice set of bosoms added a few years ago.  Does that count?

Yep i'll count that in, thanks Celia   Thumb up  Star

esther angeline

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 03:40:00 AM »

I think Max looks good without too much tinkering with her face.  Also Sophie looks good.
Katestolemyname

Micro Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 04:40:33 AM »

I think Max is loosing it.

In my opinion the only pretty princesses out there are Madeleine, Victoria and occasionally Martha Louise. I used to think that Marie in Denmark looked cute.
Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 04:48:24 PM »

I like ML's looks, but then I'm a sucker for blue/green eyes with brown hair.  Striking.

Speaking of which, Princess Stephanie was at the UN yesterday/today.  Lord have mercy!  She seems to have had botox cuz I never saw her forehead look that smooth!  Wow.
putti

Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 02:55:08 PM »

Personally i think Mary let herself down badly, she tried to make out she was an independent business woman but as soon as she met Fred she did the typical thing, checked out his exes and decided to lose all the weight and get a makeover. That's not being true to herself or to Fred. He fell for chubby Mary Donaldson and not some emaciated self obsessed narcist he sees today.
stunking

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 07:41:29 AM »

Looking at Madde when she was young and looking at her today she looks great, but she has had a lot of plastic and botox, ect.
onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 10:18:50 AM »

Looking at Madde when she was young and looking at her today she looks great, but she has had a lot of plastic and botox, ect.
She had plastic? What is it different in her face, I haven't noticed anything. Maybe she had procedures for much cleaner face but I don't think she had any ps done.
EstellesBows

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2017, 03:28:50 PM »

i wonder if some of the reason the 'married in' princesses often 'age worse' (although I do hate that phrase because I feel like it shames people, generally women, for the perfectly natural and unavoidable process of ageing) is because of the 'Nouveau Riche' element and the fact they are often subject to a bit more pressure to 'prove their worth' in terms of marrying a prince.

All of a sudden, women who would not have been able to afford plastic surgery procedures can get anything they want done to fix that 'problem area' they've always felt self conscious about.....and they have access to this while feeling the harsh bright lights of public scrutiny and pressure to show they are 'pretty enough' to have married the prince. And now, these women who got married as 'young' women in their late twenties or very early thirties are approaching middle age in a society that is obsessed with youth and has pretty crappy views towards women over 40.

I can see how that leads them to run to a plastic surgeon, and in some cases, end up overdoing it. I like to think I wouldn't, but I'm pretty sure that if I had the combination of money and extensive public scrutiny, I'd be getting my pesky slight tummy pooch liposuctioned off.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 03:42:14 PM »

i wonder if some of the reason the 'married in' princesses often 'age worse' (although I do hate that phrase because I feel like it shames people, generally women, for the perfectly natural and unavoidable process of ageing) is because of the 'Nouveau Riche' element and the fact they are often subject to a bit more pressure to 'prove their worth' in terms of marrying a prince.

All of a sudden, women who would not have been able to afford plastic surgery procedures can get anything they want done to fix that 'problem area' they've always felt self conscious about.....and they have access to this while feeling the harsh bright lights of public scrutiny and pressure to show they are 'pretty enough' to have married the prince. And now, these women who got married as 'young' women in their late twenties or very early thirties are approaching middle age in a society that is obsessed with youth and has pretty crappy views towards women over 40.

I can see how that leads them to run to a plastic surgeon, and in some cases, end up overdoing it. I like to think I wouldn't, but I'm pretty sure that if I had the combination of money and extensive public scrutiny, I'd be getting my pesky slight tummy pooch liposuctioned off.

I don't even think it is this generation only: Silvia is a perfect example for being one tuck short of a suspension bridge.
I think the problem is that princesses are per definition: "beautiful and good by heart", so they can't age and they all become their own little Mother Theresa. Same with the queen consorts.
And rather different to the reigning queens. Sure they do get a bit of fashion critique (we moaned about QEII's boring middle age wardrobe and rave about her style now) but for the great part, the media and the watching world seem to accept that those reigning queens do "work" and not "girl-stuff".
However I think this system is changing: People start to choose their leaders differently: even men in politics are getting "style make-overs" and Ms. Merkel has never looked better. Looks are becoming more and more important. Youth is the ultimate goal, when the entire population is aging fast and the majority of people in the western world are beyond the age they crave to be.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: