Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry in Nepal March 19-23  (Read 33617 times)
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2016, 11:11:27 PM »

Thought I'd start a thread for the trip. Mods delete if this is against the rules

from tumblr
According to Emily Nash, who won?t be on Harry?s tour to Nepal, these are the reporters and photographers who will be there:

Gordon Rayner, The Daily Telegraph: @gordonrayner

Emily Andrews, The Sun: @byEmilyAndrews

Rebecca English, The Daily Mail: @RE_DailyMail

Rhiannon Mills, Sky News: @SkyRhiannon

James Whatling, photographer: @JWhatling

Chris Jackson, Getty Images. @ChrisJack_Getty

Tim Rooke, REX: @royalfocus1
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 11:51:04 AM »

Prince Harry arrives in Kathmandu to begin his royal visit to Nepal

Keen!
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 01:25:07 PM »

Nepal's Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli welcomes Prince Harry to Nepal

Keen!
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 02:50:44 PM »

Prince Harry at his first public engagement in Kathmandu

Prince Harry said: "I'm sure you hear this all the time, but your country holds a special place in the imagination for so many people"
I know that I arrive in Nepal as you approach the first anniversary of the earthquakes that took so many lives."
HRH: "I pay my respects to those who perished & hope to do what I can to shine a spotlight on the resilience of the Nepali people
HRH: "I want to show all those around the world who want to help that this country is open for business.
HRH: "I can't wait to get out there and see all that this country has to offer."

Keen!
Lexy

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 03:33:04 PM »

Chris Jackson is going to this and I imagine also the India trip? Crazy how he's monopolizing all the trio events just cause he's dating Kate's assistant.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 04:51:08 PM »

Chris Jackson is going to this and I imagine also the India trip? Crazy how he's monopolizing all the trio events just cause he's dating Kate's assistant.

He seems to be at a lot of Camilla's events too.  Whistle

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 05:33:39 PM »

lyndell75

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 05:37:30 PM »

Looking good  Wink

Princess_Carys

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 06:10:31 PM »

Harry looks good. Did he get a trim?

@lyndell75 - you signature  Drool Drool
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 06:43:52 PM »

Prince Harry will be houseguest of 86 year old widow of British Gurkha, at 6000 ft - southasia.com.au

His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales is arriving in Nepal today where he will spend a night as the houseguest of an elderly widow whose husband fought for the British Crown as a serviceman in the Royal Gurkha Rifles.

In response to an earlier report by southasia.com.au, readers took to social media to wonder who the lucky host would be. It is now confirmed that an 86 year old wife of a late Gurkha veteran is set to be the proud host of Prince Harry, The Telegraph confirmed. Her humble abode in Lamjung district is at a majestic 6000 ft.

According to an earlier statement posted on his royal website, Prince Harry is understood to be ?hugely appreciative of this invitation, which will further enable him to deepen his understanding of the Gurkhas'.

This year celebrating the bicentennial anniversary of their unbroken service to the English monarchy, Gurkha will be a constant motif of Prince Harry?s maiden visit to the South Asian nation. He is well-known as a British royal who feels deeply and personally indebted to the fearsome fighters from the lush mountains of Nepal. As a representative of Her Majesty?s Government during his five day long tour, the red-bearded prince will partake in a reception tonight to be hosted by Nepal?s Foreign Minister Kamal Thapa. Nepal?s 200 year old relation with England will be formally recognised in the programme which will be attended by Prime Minister K.P. Oli.

During his stay in the earthquake-battered nation from 19 to 23 March, 'Prince Harry will also have the opportunity to experience the country's stunning natural beauty and highlight the importance of conservation-based tourism in Nepal, and 'he will learn about Nepal's future through its young people and both the challenges and opportunities they will experience in the years to come,' his royal website said announcing the details of the visit.

According Gurka Welfare Trust, the prince will visit the famous recruitment centre in Pokhara to have a taste of the incredibly tough selection process a British Gurkha aspirant has to complete prior to wearing the uniform and be a part of the legend.

During the visit to the centre, known as the British Gurkha Camp, he will meet an ex-serviceman who is certain to send the prince down his memory lanes' Retired Gurkha Major Bishnu Pun. According to GWT's news briefing, Mr Pun formerly served as an Orderly at The Prince of Wales' household and once hosted a young Prince Harry during his father's official visit as Colonel-in-Chief of the 2nd Gurkha Rifles in 1991.

It is not only the knowledge of their gallant history that makes Prince Harry admire the Gurkhas; his respect for these bravehearts comes from within. He personally knows members of the British Gurkha ?who have sadly been injured in recent actions?, his official website says.

The prince charming was made an honorary Gurkha as he fought alongside members of the 1st Battalion of the Royal Gurkha Rifles from 2007 to 2008. He would later famously remark, 'When you know you are with the Gurkhas, I think there's no safer place to be, really.'

His excitement at his impending Nepal visit has been obvious. There have been a countdown on his personal social media account, patiently waiting for his touchdown at Kathmandu's Tribhuvan International Airport.

In preparation for the trip, he recently met with officials of a humanitarian emergency response organisation called MapAction, of which he is a patron. During the reception at the Kensington Palace, he was apprised of the actions the group took after the 7.8 magnitude earthquake devastated the country last April. 'What you've done for Nepal and what you do is fantastic,' he said following the meeting, MapAction's press statement said.

Prince Harry wants to ''return favour'' to the Gurkhas for their service to the crown by seeking to ''shine the spotlight'' on Nepal so that tourists begin visiting the beautiful nation in hordes. This, Nepal shall certainly appreciate as tourism is lifeblood of the landlocked, long-suffering nation.
Duchessof757
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 11:16:37 PM »

Prince Harry will be houseguest of 86 year old widow of British Gurkha, at 6000 ft - southasia.com.au

His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales is arriving in Nepal today where he will spend a night as the houseguest of an elderly widow whose husband fought for the British Crown as a serviceman in the Royal Gurkha Rifles.

In response to an earlier report by southasia.com.au, readers took to social media to wonder who the lucky host would be. It is now confirmed that an 86 year old wife of a late Gurkha veteran is set to be the proud host of Prince Harry, The Telegraph confirmed. Her humble abode in Lamjung district is at a majestic 6000 ft.

According to an earlier statement posted on his royal website, Prince Harry is understood to be ?hugely appreciative of this invitation, which will further enable him to deepen his understanding of the Gurkhas'.

This year celebrating the bicentennial anniversary of their unbroken service to the English monarchy, Gurkha will be a constant motif of Prince Harry?s maiden visit to the South Asian nation. He is well-known as a British royal who feels deeply and personally indebted to the fearsome fighters from the lush mountains of Nepal. As a representative of Her Majesty?s Government during his five day long tour, the red-bearded prince will partake in a reception tonight to be hosted by Nepal?s Foreign Minister Kamal Thapa. Nepal?s 200 year old relation with England will be formally recognised in the programme which will be attended by Prime Minister K.P. Oli.

During his stay in the earthquake-battered nation from 19 to 23 March, 'Prince Harry will also have the opportunity to experience the country's stunning natural beauty and highlight the importance of conservation-based tourism in Nepal, and 'he will learn about Nepal's future through its young people and both the challenges and opportunities they will experience in the years to come,' his royal website said announcing the details of the visit.

According Gurka Welfare Trust, the prince will visit the famous recruitment centre in Pokhara to have a taste of the incredibly tough selection process a British Gurkha aspirant has to complete prior to wearing the uniform and be a part of the legend.

During the visit to the centre, known as the British Gurkha Camp, he will meet an ex-serviceman who is certain to send the prince down his memory lanes' Retired Gurkha Major Bishnu Pun. According to GWT's news briefing, Mr Pun formerly served as an Orderly at The Prince of Wales' household and once hosted a young Prince Harry during his father's official visit as Colonel-in-Chief of the 2nd Gurkha Rifles in 1991.

It is not only the knowledge of their gallant history that makes Prince Harry admire the Gurkhas; his respect for these bravehearts comes from within. He personally knows members of the British Gurkha ?who have sadly been injured in recent actions?, his official website says.

The prince charming was made an honorary Gurkha as he fought alongside members of the 1st Battalion of the Royal Gurkha Rifles from 2007 to 2008. He would later famously remark, 'When you know you are with the Gurkhas, I think there's no safer place to be, really.'

His excitement at his impending Nepal visit has been obvious. There have been a countdown on his personal social media account, patiently waiting for his touchdown at Kathmandu's Tribhuvan International Airport.

In preparation for the trip, he recently met with officials of a humanitarian emergency response organisation called MapAction, of which he is a patron. During the reception at the Kensington Palace, he was apprised of the actions the group took after the 7.8 magnitude earthquake devastated the country last April. 'What you've done for Nepal and what you do is fantastic,' he said following the meeting, MapAction's press statement said.

Prince Harry wants to ''return favour'' to the Gurkhas for their service to the crown by seeking to ''shine the spotlight'' on Nepal so that tourists begin visiting the beautiful nation in hordes. This, Nepal shall certainly appreciate as tourism is lifeblood of the landlocked, long-suffering nation.

Woooooooooow. Thats incredible.

LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 11:39:01 PM »

Harry looks good. Did he get a trim?

@lyndell75 - you signature  Drool Drool

It does look like he had his beard trimmed up a bit.  He looks really good.  This is how you do it W&K, pay attention!!
DuchyDiva

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 12:47:34 AM »

This tour is going to be brilliant. I'm loving Harry's work at the moment, he's such a natural.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 01:37:08 AM »

This tour is going to be brilliant. I'm loving Harry's work at the moment, he's such a natural.

Agree, so informed and interested ! Good job, Harry !!

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 05:03:48 AM »

He looks as if he is there because he wants to be, knows what he stands for, and is genuinely interested in his hosts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: