Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry in Nepal March 19-23  (Read 35800 times)
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2016, 04:22:07 AM »

Did that boy just gave Harry a red knit soldier?
So generous. Bless him. And he looks very brave indeed.
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2016, 04:34:48 AM »

Harry is staying in Nepal for a few days and it's not a holiday  Whistle

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
Prince Harry is staying on in Nepal for six days to work with Team Rubicon UK on an earthquake relief project.

"But but but... Harry doesn't have two kids. Harry doesn't have a job! Of course he can decide to stay. William and Kate have responsibilities in the UK! They'd love to stay and help Mongolia... Indiana... Birmingham... wherever it is that they're going  Tongue but George! Charlotte! Air Ambulance!" -- as per the official DoLittle Stans press release

Thumb up Thumb up Star

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2016, 08:43:49 AM »

Star  congrats to loubna & Kins for your milestones  Banana

What a great way for Harry to end his tour 

thanks my dear   Hug
LDJJ

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2016, 02:12:23 PM »

William and Kate would have to find a cure for Cancer while in India to out do this.

Star Star Star Star Star

Duchessof757  Star

The tour of India is going to be hysterical.  Just watching them trying to overcompensate and outdo Harry.
Michelle0187

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2016, 03:38:55 PM »

William and Kate would have to find a cure for Cancer while in India to out do this.

Star Star Star Star Star

Whether the India tour goes well or not, unfortunately it will get more coverage than harry's tour.
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »

Keen!
Duchessof757
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2016, 04:06:09 PM »

STOP TORTURING US!

*turns into complete Harry sugar*

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2016, 06:44:00 PM »

In that photo with the Nepalese baby, Harry looks like HIS biological clock is ticking very hard. Hope he finds the right someone soon and can sire a flock of lovely red-headed kids.
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2016, 10:59:03 PM »

Prince Harry Helps Rebuild an Earthquake-Hit School in Nepal ? with Help from His Injured Veteran Pals

Prince Harry has some familiar faces alongside him as he starts work on helping rebuild an earthquake-hit school in Nepal.

Harry, who made the surprise announcement that he was staying on in Nepal to assist in the relief effort after his tour of the country, is joining a group of British veterans who are volunteering as part of another challenge in their ongoing recovery from injuries sustained in combat.

Among them are Matt Fisher, who was part of the 1,000-mile trek around the U.K. last fall for Walking with the Wounded, and David Wiseman, who was with the same charity?s expedition to Everest in 2012. 

Former infantry officer Wiseman received a gunshot to the chest in Afghanistan in November 2009. Fisher was shot in the leg while on patrol in Afghanistan in 2009, and had to have his left leg amputated a year later.

The veterans are working with Team Rubicon, which was formed in response to the Nepal earthquake almost a year ago.

Harry supports initiatives like these because he believes they help veterans to lead a fulfilling and rewarding life beyond injury.

Team Rubicon UK was set up after General Sir Nick Parker, former Commander in Chief of the UK Land Forces, called for veterans to volunteer their time and skills to provide aid in the immediate aftermath of the natural disaster in Nepal last April.

A team of volunteers joined Team Rubicon USA counterparts to provide medical aid, search and rescue support, and translation assistance in several remote regions of Nepal.

Fisher was also part of the charity?s help in the clean-up operation following devastating floods in Cumbria, northern England, this winter. In February, Harry visited the effort in the north west of England following the harsh winter storms.

?We?re very proud of Matt and the good work that the whole of Team Rubicon are doing. It?s a fantastic initiative,? a WWTW spokeswoman tells PEOPLE.

When Fisher returns from Nepal, he is also set for another challenge. He and his wife, Maria, are running a half-marathon in Reading, raising more money for the charity that helps vulnerable and wounded veterans get back into employment.

Meanwhile, Kensington Palace has announced that Harry will be alongside other veterans and serving armed forces members when he joins the unveiling of the British team taking part in the paralympic-style Invictus Games in Orlando, Florida, in May. The 110-strong team of wounded, sick and injured personnel and veterans will have a special photocall at Buckingham Palace on April 6.
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2016, 11:02:56 PM »

Harry has shared some personal photos (ps. He really needs his own Instagram i.e. Rania)

Kensington Palace on Twitter: ?Prince Harry: ?Living in such dramatic scenery clearly has an effect on the Nepalese - such calm, friendly people? https://t.co/FIFVBI4TE6?

Kensington Palace on Twitter: ?"Found a friend surveying his kingdom! Who can blame him - what a view!?

Prince Harry, from Leorani village https://t.co/PV56swcl06?

wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2016, 11:10:17 PM »

Videos and articles from his final official day

Prince Harry has visited the Kanti Children?s Hospital in Kathmandu, where he met young people who are being treated in the hospital?s burns unit. Many of the child patients were injured in accidents at camps for families displaced by the 2015 earthquake.

http://mycrarrythings.tum...sited-the-kanti-childrens

'He's very brave': An emotional Prince Harry high fives a little boy who has had six toes amputated as he meets burns victims during a tour of a Kathmandu hospital

Prince Harry once again proved that he had his mother?s touch today when he visited a hospital unit for children suffering from appalling burns injuries on his final day in Nepal.

Visibly moved, the royal, 31, made the children laugh by playing with their dolls and posing for photographs with staff and parents?and even high-fiving one youngster.

Harry was at the Kanti Children?s Hospital in Kathmandu, where he met 16 children aged between 11 months and 11 years, many of whom were injured after being displaced by the earthquake that devastated parts of the country in 2015.

Many had been injured living in temporary accommodation after last year?s earthquake, where families are forced to cook on open fires, often inside tents.

The Prince visited the unit to see the work of British charity BVS (Burns Violence Survivors) Nepal. Founded by Wendy Marston, it provides free medication, food and money to the children and their parents.

Harry had to take his shoes off and wear a blue doctor?s gown to prevent spreading any infection on the ward. The children, doctors and nurses were clearly delighted to meet him - at one point he was mobbed for pictures and selfies.

Among the children that Harry met was Pemba Sherpa, five, who suffered horrific burns in one such incident in January.

His mother, Doma Sherpa, 31, whose husband works in Malaysia, had been trying to keep her house warm with an open fire when she and the children were overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning.

On the day of his accident his other had closed the windows and doors of their temporary home while she lit a fire to cook due to the cold.

She said: ?I fainted for four hours - I don?t remember anything - and Pemba fell in the fire. l was unconscious so I didn?t wake up, but fortunately my landlord saw through the window and broke down the door.

Sadly, the family couldn?t see help for 18 days and the five-year-old had to have six of his ten toes amputated and several skin grafts as a result.

'He?s very brave,? said Harry, who appeared delighted by the lively boy, despite both his feet being swathed in bandages.

'I assume he can?t walk,? the prince said.

'Of course he can, nothing will stop him,? he was told by staff.

Added his mother: 'I?m worried about Pemba?s future - whenever I think about what happened I feel so bad about him and his future.

'It was very nice to meet Prince Harry and I found him very handsome. He came from so far and he has seen so much and he understood so many things. He talked to Pemba and it was very lively!?

Dr RP Chaudary, a paediatric and burns surgeon who took the prince round, said: The majority of the children come in with burns as a result of scalding. In rural areas they operate on a open cooking system, often inside, which cause injuries as a result of boiling oil or water.

Among the worst injured of the children was five-year-old Roshani Tolenga who was severely burnt when her dress caught fire.

Seeng the little girl lying on a bed totally covered in bandages, Harry asked how badly she was burnt.

Dr RP Chaudary, the paediatric surgeon showing Harry around, told him her right hand, torso, bottom and thighs were all seriously damaged.

When he told Harry the severity of her injuries, he exclaimed in shock: '35% burns. Awful.?

Harry was particularly taken with the knitted dolls that each child is given while they?re in-patients.

When he asked Wendy where they were from she told him that ladies in Kent, who?d never been to Nepal, made them for the children.

The royal was also told that most of the patients were from rural poor communities who have no training in fire safety.

Wendy said: 'Most of the child cases who come here are accidents.

'Some have been badly scalded, others burnt by boiling oil or in a cooking fire.

'Nearly everyone in Nepal cooks on the floor on open flames and due to the earthquake more people are cooking in temporary shelters which make accidents more likely.

'There are 16 children in the unit at the moment-the oldest is 11 and the youngest 11 months.

'Last month we lost one of our children - she?d survived being severely burnt but died a long time later from smoke inhalation injuries.?

'We also treat a great deal of injures caused by flames and, to a lesser extent, burns caused by the children touching high voltage wires, when they catch their kites in them.

'Part of the problem is that due to the social structure here and the poverty parents find themselves unable to seek help straight away. They are poor, can?t afford not to work, cannot get transport to the hospital and have no oxygen or medicine. The result is that infection can set in and by the time we see the children they often lose toes, hands, feet, fingers and even limbs.?

Dr Chaudry explained that of the children he sees, more than 70 per cent of their injures are avoidable and with the help of the of the government and organisations on the ground, is trying to better inform parents of the risks. 

On His Next 6 Days Helping Rebuild:

Prince Harry and Team Rubicon

At the end of his official tour of Nepal, Prince Harry will remain in the country to work with Team Rubicon UK on an earthquake relief project.

Team Rubicon is a disaster response charity, uniting the skills and experience of military veterans with first responders to deploy emergency response teams in the aftermath of disasters.

For the next week, Prince Harry will be embedded with a group of Team Rubicon volunteers in a remote village to help with the reconstruction of a new school destroyed by the 7.8 magnitude earthquake of April 2015.

The team will trek into the mountains to an earthquake-affected area in Central Nepal, with their own equipment to assist the local community in all aspects of repairing and rebuilding their school.

Since the earthquake struck, students have been taking their classes in makeshift classrooms made of poles, tarpaulins and tin. These temporary facilities will provide little defense against the difficult weather conditions in the rainy season to come.

Over the last few days Prince Harry has seen numerous initiatives that have supported the people of Nepal in returning to normality following the huge destruction from the earthquakes almost a year ago.

Speaking at a UK Embassy Reception marking the end of his official tour to Nepal, Prince Harry said:

?The people I have met and the beauty of this country make it very hard to leave. Thankfully however, I?m not leaving just yet! I will be spending the next six days in a remote region with a charity called Team Rubicon. The team I?m joining will be working with the community to rebuild a school damaged in the earthquake. I?m so grateful to have this opportunity at the end of my official tour to do my small bit to help.?

Following an assessment visit to the school in January, Simon Clarke, Director of Field Operations for Team Rubicon UK, said:

?It is heartrending to see how much work still needs to be done nearly a year after the earthquake. By providing a proper school for the children of this remote village, and repairing basic services such as a hydroelectric turbine we will be able to make a real difference. We can restore these essential resources from a practical perspective, but perhaps also provide hope for this resilient community.?

Prince Harry will spend the next week camping in the mountains with his fellow volunteers and will play a full role in the support project. He will return to the UK at the end of the month.

Team Rubicon UK was formed in response to the Nepal earthquake almost a year ago. General Sir Nick Parker, former Commander in Chief of the UK Land Forces and now Chairman of Team Rubicon UK, put out a call to action asking UK veterans to volunteer their time and skills to provide aid in the immediate aftermath of the natural disaster. A team of volunteers quickly joined their Team Rubicon USA counterparts to provide medical aid, search and rescue support, and translation assistance in several remote regions of Nepal.

In the following months Team Rubicon UK was officially established as a charity in the UK, tapping into the skills and experience of military veterans to rapidly deploy emergency response teams following disasters. By the end of the 2015 Team Rubicon UK had responded to calls for assistance in the aftermath of floods in Cumbria in December and Yorkshire over Christmas and New Year, as well as undertaking rebuilding projects in Nepal and the Philippines.

Notes to Editors

- A further update on Prince Harry?s involvement in the project, including images and footage, will be made available in due course.

- On 25 April 2015, a 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck Nepal killing around 9,000 people, injuring 23,000 and causing extensive damage. On 12 May, a major aftershock followed killing more than 200 people and injuring over 2,500 people.
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2016, 06:40:59 PM »

Prince Harry arriving in the remote village Lapu on Thursday March 24 after a three hour trek. He is working alongside Team Rubicon UK for the next several days to assist the local community in all aspects of repairing and rebuilding their school.

On Friday he was spotted carrying a Doko (bamboo basket) with stones used to re-build Pravat Kiran Secondary School as well as working on a local hydropower project that was damaged by the earth quake in April 2015

LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2016, 08:07:28 PM »

Prince Harry visits Kanti Children?s Hospital where he spent time with young people being treated with burns on March 23, 2016 in Pokhara, Nepal.

Star Beautiful pics despite being taken in a hospital where there is so much pain. Here, it breathes hope and humanity.  Thumb up I vote King Henry the 9th !  Cute

Edit : I'm a bit afraid for him in this crowd with all these terror attacks... But it's very positive to meet people this way too. Hard times.

Sanguine

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2016, 07:33:20 PM »

I've been lurking here for a while, enjoying reading the posts, but this photo is what pushed me to register. OMG. I'm sorry to use such an overused phrase, but my ovaries exploded when I saw this photo. I may never recover.

I just love Harry and all the good work he does, sorry to see that he doesn't get as much publicity as certain other members of his family. At least on this site he gets his due!
Kins

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2016, 07:39:33 PM »

Welcome!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: