Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry in Nepal March 19-23  (Read 33592 times)
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 10:29:57 AM »

This morning's events for #HarryinNepal include a call on the President & visiting Kathmandu's Patan Durbar Square

Pictures:
Harry receives his first Nepalese garland

Patan Durbar Square is a UNESCO World Heritage Site

Prince Harry tours Patan Palace

Prince Harry tries his hand at traditional handicrafts

Prince Harry visits UNESCO World Heritage site Patan Durbar Square in Nepal

Prince Harry takes his shoes off to enter the 'King's bath' at Patan Palace

Keen!
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 10:31:57 AM »

.and to the stunning Golden Temple.

Thanks to everyone for coming out to make Prince Harry feel so welcome in Kathmandu

Keen!
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 10:36:15 AM »

Namaste! Flowers and smiles as Harry meets 'the five virgins' as he visits earthquake-damaged areas in Kathmandu on Nepal trip

Prince Harry was greeted with garlands in Kathmandu today by five colourfully dressed local girls known 'pancha kanya' - the five virgins.
The group of girls aged between 17 and 27, whose name comes from five iconic Hindu heroines, gave the royal four bouquets of flowers, with the fifth girl Maiya Maharjan, 25, placing a fragrant garland of marigolds over his head.
Dressed casually for a morning's sightseeing in chinos, a blue shirt and desert boots - with colourful bracelets on his wrist - Harry looked delighted at the gesture and thanked them profusely.
The prince, who is on a five-day official tour of Nepal, was touring some of Kathmandu's most iconic sights to see for himself the devastation caused by last year's earthquakes, which claimed more than 8,000 lives and destroyed some of the country's most historic temples and palaces.

But there is also a story of hope as the Nepalese people work to rebuild their country and demonstrate, as Harry said today, that they are 'back in business'.
With the help of an experienced guide, the prince today toured some of the ancient sights in Patan Durbar Square, many of which date back to the early 1600s.
His first stop was the magnificent Patan Palace, one the seats of power of the King of Patan when the Kathmandu Valley was divided into three different kingdoms.
He gasped in amazement at the Mul Chowk, or main courtyard, where Hindu ceremonies used to take place. He then moved through to a second pretty courtyard, dating back to 1627.
The area boasted lavish wooden carvings and is considered one of the jewels of Kathmandu Valley architecture. Appropriately it is known as Sundari - or the beautiful lady.
Sunk into the floor was an ornate bath built in 1647, built by the popular King Siddhinarsingh. Although it was not on his official itinerary, Harry asked to view it and was invited to take his shoes off as a mark of respect.

'Good thing I've got the right socks on,' he quipped as he displayed a pair of socks with bright blue toes.
Marvelling at the beautiful carvings he spoke knowledgeably about the cost of the rebuilding work, which he has received a significant donation from his own father, Prince Charles, through The Princes' Charities.
It is something they had clearly discussed before they left as Harry, shown a picture of his father in 2006 holding a reception at Clarence House to help raise funds, remarked: 'Ah, that was the reception when he was meant to stay 45 minutes and left after two hours.'
He added:'The thing is that you can't put a price on stuff like this.'
He also insisted that his party pay the tourist levy normally charged to tour the palace saying: 'We will all pay, we must pay,' adding: 'Even them', as he gestured to the press.
As he walked around the palace gardens he stopped to meet several groups of craftsman who were painstakingly chipping away at pieces of stone and wood which will be used in the refurbishment.
He was even persuaded to sit down and try his hand at some wood carving, although looked nervous at the prospect.

'I did carving at school years ago but nothing like this,' he said, marvelling at their handiwork. Harry watched closely as he was shown what to do. 'I can't do it, not many people can. I am showing how hard it is to do this - wow ,' he laughed.
When a member of the party complemented on him how much at ease he appeared sitting on the floor with the carvers Harry said: 'Ten years in the army, you learn to sit anywhere.'
He also complemented the building team on how brilliantly they were doing with so little expensive equipment, using as much of the original stone and timber as possible
'It's amazing what you can do with no equipment, no cranes, no scaffolding...just ropes on pulleys,' he said.
As he left to tour the rest of the sights in the square he was mobbed by hundreds of people.
In a scene reminiscent of The Beatles, a group of local girls dressed in school uniforms, began screaming his name and hyperventilating as they tried to grab him and get 'selfies'. The prince took it in his stride, smiling, waving and shaking hands.
He stopped to speak to several groups of tourists, asking one family: 'Why Nepal, why have you come here? Well done, it's so, so important to encourage people to come back. Why wouldn't you come back here? It's beautiful,' he said.
Among those he spoke to was Ciaran Ciarans ( c) who was in the square with his niece Megan, 11, and Diarmuid, nine.
Ciaran, who is working for The Red Cross, said: 'He's right, when I cam out here in October there was hardly anyone here. They so badly need the tourists to come back.'

Harry's day began with a morning call on President Bidya Devi Bhandari, Nepal's first female President, elected by the country's Parliament in October 2015.
The meeting will took place at Rashtrapati Bhavan, the Presidential Palace in Kathmandu with Harry performing a tradition Namaste greeting, with his hands clasped together.
The Prince and the President spoke through an interpreter as they were served tea, water and fruit juices.
When asked about his trip to Nepal Harry replied: 'A long flight, but worth the hours to be in Nepal, finally.'
The meeting lasted half an hour and the pair discussed the Nepal Girl Summit they will open together on Wednesday.
The president has campaigned on the issue of women's rights and the summit, organised by Nepal's Ministry of Children, Women and Social Welfare - with support from Unicef and the Britain's Department for International Development, will promote gender equality in Nepal.
One of the issues it will focus on is encouraging the end of child marriages.
A Kensington Palace spokesman said: ' The Prince very much enjoyed his meeting with the President.
'They had a wide ranging and friendly conversation, covering earthquake recovery, the importance of tourism, conservation and climate change.
'Prince Harry was particularly grateful to hear from the President about her work to improve opportunities for girls and young women - a topic the Prince looks forward to saying more about at the Girl's Summit later in the week.'

Keen!
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 11:10:59 AM »

Prince Harry smiles in a community courtyard outside the Golden Temple in Kathmandu. He seems to be in good spirits

Keen!
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 11:32:25 AM »

Hopefully the publicity will really put the spotlight on realizing hoiw harmful child marriages are to women..
41% married before the age of 18 and a high suicide rate later in life.

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 12:44:16 PM »

Prince Harry tours a UK funded site in Bhaktapur where earthquake relief supplies are stored

Prince Harry visits a tented camp for families displaced by last year's earthquakes

At a camp for families whose homes were destroyed by the earthquakes. The guide is 15 year old Purushottam Suwal

Keen!
SimplyKate

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2016, 01:30:51 PM »

a nice video of Harry visiting patan palace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXWwNEIBA0c

ohh those evil windsor genes...  Cry
but he still looks much beter and professional then his brother

P.S. Hello everybody, i'm newbie here
SimplyKate

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2016, 01:33:25 PM »

the woodcarving moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTfwXgAO76E

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2016, 02:04:57 PM »

a nice video of Harry visiting patan palace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXWwNEIBA0c

ohh those evil windsor genes...  Cry
but he still looks much beter and professional then his brother

P.S. Hello everybody, i'm newbie here

Welcome SimlyKate.

I don't mind the Windsor genes as long as they care about people and causes and have a nice personality. In the video Harry looks as if he wants to get much closer to the crowd but was advised against it. The security is quite heavy and won't let anyone near him. I'm sure this it rather unusual for him and as soon as he is talking to someone like the wood carver he is good old Harry again.  Wink

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
SimplyKate

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 03:19:05 PM »

the security thing is understandable after the kissing incident in australia. but it looks like Harry himself is not so happy about that.  he looks like a prisoner surrounded by the guards - can't come chat to people, forced to move a little bit faster around the place. maybe i'm wrong (hope so for his sake).

i think his personality is majorly thanks to spencer genes, and that won't fade. but i hoped that windsor genes won't take up so fast
Kins

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2016, 03:27:57 PM »

This is how it is done. He is completely in the moment-invested and interested-and it shows. Well done Harry!!!  Smiley Thumb up
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 03:30:36 PM »

the security thing is understandable after the kissing incident in australia. but it looks like Harry himself is not so happy about that.  he looks like a prisoner surrounded by the guards - can't come chat to people, forced to move a little bit faster around the place. maybe i'm wrong (hope so for his sake).

i think his personality is majorly thanks to spencer genes, and that won't fade. but i hoped that windsor genes won't take up so fast

There's this overhead angle in the video of his arrival that shows an absolute mob (throngs of people!) behind him. i can understand why his security detail gets antsy and wants him to move along. if he stops walking, it might be difficult to move again and they'll be sitting ducks.

However, despite the human perimeter around Harry, I am glad to see no barriers or FENCES, to separate Harry from the rest.
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2016, 03:57:19 PM »

There's this overhead angle in the video of his arrival that shows an absolute mob (throngs of people!) behind him. i can understand why his security detail gets antsy and wants him to move along. if he stops walking, it might be difficult to move again and they'll be sitting ducks.

However, despite the human perimeter around Harry, I am glad to see no barriers or FENCES, to separate Harry from the rest.

He stopped in this video, you can see his security getting annoyed

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDK4XkjxlDM/
Kins

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 04:00:26 PM »

Now that is a crowd!! Compare that to the paltry 'gatherings' (for lack of a better word, for W&K.  Laughing
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 04:01:01 PM »

Prince Harry talks to Nepalese women in a community courtyard outside the Golden Temple on day two of his visit to Nepal on March 19, 2016 in Kathmandu, Nepal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: