Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 - Monegasque Rose Ball  (Read 16106 times)
Celia

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 10:42:25 PM »

My first reaction at seeing Alexandra's dress was that it looked Korean.  Tatiana's dress looks like a dress Caroline has worn but in a different color (C's was white, IIRC).  I'm surprised none of Stephanie's kids were there.  Beatrice's jewelry is amaze-balls.  Maybe Borromeo pieces?
Celia

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 10:44:52 PM »

And where's our favourite Barbie?  Miss her!
SpittingImage

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 11:18:21 PM »

Beatrice looks fantastic, despite appearing to have dressed for a different event than the rest of the "gang" Wink.

Love Caroline's dress, but it would probably look better on Charlotte, if Charlotte learned to stand up straight.

Alexandra is becoming a very pretty young lady, shame about the hideously unflattering dress Sad. Points for okay posture!

Tatiana: the dress isn't bad; might look better if a) properly fitted, b) posture, posture, posture!!!!!!

Charlotte, no words Sad. And no, I don't think she's pregnant at all: it's a combination of horrendous outfit, appallingly badly fitted, & atrocious posture Sad

I'm disappointed not to see Charlene.

The "boys" look better than they have done for a while...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 11:25:38 PM by SpittingImage » Logged
melk12

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 02:17:40 AM »

Caroline is the best dressed.

Alexandra is the second best. She's turning a pretty woman. The dress  is not the best choice for a young girl, it  doesn't model her body very well, but she's shining and her hair is nice. It's a sweet debut, and I hope to see more of her.

Said that, I wonder why Caroline's daughters always use granny outfts... I used to think that Charlotte had a terrible taste, but maybe Caroline or their personal stylist say they look good on those dreadful dresses? I hope that if Alexandra start to go on events, she doesn't go on the same line but develop her own style.  

I think Tatiana is plain nice. Her dress looks cheap, most because of the fabric. Up hair fits her better, but on the other hand, she looks fine there, comparing to previous outfits. I don't know what she did differently though. It can be maybe because she always look untidy, and now she's somewhat dolled up. When she tries, she can look pretty.

Charlotte outfit doesn't fits her at all, it's not elegant. She seems a woman come from space. I don't like the color, and her posture doesn't help to make it look better.

Beatrice is too over the top. I could say she's the best dressed on another event, but on this case, she just look misplaced or even pretentious as if she wanted to outshine other women on a "look at me, i'm a princess" way. Maybe she didn't for bad, but the family should combine what is appropriate to wear, really.

The decoration is beautiful.

Totally bewildered! Charlene attends every year until her children are born and then nothing. What's going on? Her absence this year leads me to believe that Gabriella being sick last year was a lie. I can't prove it but it's what I think. There seems to be a line being drawn between Caroline's family and Albert's and that's sad IMO.
It's clear they are using her maternity to excuse all her absences.
Charlene never seemed very interested in her role and duties as a princess though...  That makes me wonder if it has something to do with Charlenne not feeling at easy with those posh people - which is understandable at some point, or if she's just lazy and disinterested and just sees everything as part of the contract.  

In either case, I don't think Albert cares for her absence, honestly. She did her part giving birth for the twins. Is that what I imagine he thinks.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 02:57:43 AM »

So much money but so little taste... Thumb down

Caroline was easily the best dressed. Tatiana's and Alexandra's gowns look like night gowns. Yes, Alexandra's gown resembles Korean costume. I hate to say it but she looks like her dad unfortunately. I don't even know what to say about Charlotte's satin jumpsuit. Beatrice's gown is very glam but it's better suited for another occasion. Her hair is so limp that she looks like she just came out of the pool.

SpittingImage

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 04:13:27 AM »

So much money but so little taste... Thumb down

That sums it up rather nicely!  :thumbup: , although Caroline wasn't *bad*, & Alexandra shows *possibilities*... (I still think B looked great, if out of place)

Someone needs to round up a posse & forcibly "retire" old Karl Sad - he worked some interesting wonders at Chanel back in the '80s, but those laurels have long passed the sell-by date!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 04:25:41 AM by SpittingImage » Logged
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2016, 08:27:29 AM »

this event became boring and without class Snore, i can understand that charlene doesn't want to attend
don't like what caroline, charlotte, alexandra, and tatiana wore Thumb down, beatrice's dress  is nice but seems too much with the style of the event.
Alexis

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2016, 09:23:07 AM »

So Beatrice forgot to wash her hair? What a shame...
danishorphan

Warned
Gigantic Member

Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea

Lives to fill her hollow leg!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2016, 11:57:04 AM »

Look how long Albert's pants are!! Standing next to Karl L, it is really clear.

The truth will eventually be revealed!
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 12:02:28 PM »

Only one highlight: Beatrices jewellery. But even this asted on the ugly dress. The benchmark for a red, princessy gown is Victoria of Sweden. Fullstop. Beatrices is a carneval costume.

For the rest: no, no, no. All outfits can go to the "worst royal outfit"-thread without further consideration. Crumpling satin, violet saloon dress, red slutty tulle? Right that Carolines is the best amongst the ugly, but even this did look much better on the model than on her. And the cork wedges of noth, Caroline and her daughter, are just so wrong for a ball, cuban motto or not.

Rose ball used to be a highlight when Grace was still alive. The way down began already when Stephanie started to wear those boobs enhancing dresses which showed too much skin. When Charlene attended, she wore always classy dresses. Wonder why she opted out.
bach

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2016, 12:10:11 PM »

There is so much tackiness and ugliness in all of these outfits IMO. I can't figure out which dress/ensemble is uglier. These people have zero style and taste.

#FreeHarry
#HarryForKing
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 12:15:43 PM »

Awful array of dresses and the triumph of bad taste  Dead Lagerfeld needs to retire asap. Beatrice is naturally elegant, but her dress is over the op in a tacky way. Great jewelry, bad hair. The bangs don't suit her. Alexandra is very pretty, and I love her hair and make-up but her dress is an insult, an unspeakable horror. Charlotte and Caroline look good in their matching updos which highlight both their beauty and resemblance, but their outfits are terrible (Charlotte's is the worse of the two)... and don't get me started on the platform shoes  Dead Dead Dead Tatiana is pretty but she ruins whatever she wears with her posture... Dresses look like circus tents on her and they don't need to, since she looks pretty fit to me after her recent pregnancy. Too bad Charlene wasn't there, at least she has a sense of style.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2016, 01:07:03 PM »

OH GOOD LAWD what is charlotte wearing? and it's labeled couture  Yikes  uncle karl done lost his mind!  totally lost it but I've been saying that for a decade now  Snare   JMO those platform shoes looks stupid and "faddish" in 20 years, people will look at the photo's and think "what that heck were they thinking?"   unlike most of Grace's fashion photo's taken over 40 years ago, that still look fresh and beautiful.

I like Caroline's & Bea's dress and Alexandra's has some nice features (love the fabric) This used to be all about glamour and style.....  Confused

I missed Cha Cha, but didn't I read in another thread someone thought they'd seen her in Hungary??? going into a church? or some such ?

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 01:08:53 PM »

I find monegasque rose ball a never ending source of fun.
This year I like the Cuban scenario,a blink to Chanel's May 3rd cruise collection defile in la Havana.

I think Caroline is very elegant,her gown is a masterpiece.i have a soft spot for tatiana's Gucci frock,I like so much that shade of purple and I agree with the poster saying it has similarities with a Chanel dress.fashion is a miscellaneous of inspirations,hints,details and impressions that simmer in one pot.

Some stylists get the mix right and I think every one of us can be fashionable without becoming a fashion victim and in this case I guess Charlotte and Alexandra looked victims to the false myth " if it has a Chanel label on, I will look good,in it".

Strange that Charlotte did not wear Gucci.

Giambattista valli red gown is superb,red and hot as jalape?o sauce,but not coordinated with other ladies and therefore she just looks odd.💃Pity.

Ciao girls,Palm Sunday at last!!!!🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 01:26:41 PM »

Nerves Oh my goodness ! Are they trying to have a diplomatic dispute with Cuba by wearing so fugly dresses ?!  Laugh bounce

There is so much tackiness and ugliness in all of these outfits IMO. I can't figure out which dress/ensemble is uglier. These people have zero style and taste.
Star
Exactly my sentiment.  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: