Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl Gustaf news  (Read 137412 times)
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: May 11, 2019, 02:38:14 PM »

Today, CG met 7-year-old Akram and his family at the Royal Palace. Akram is suffering from leukemia and was given the opportunity to meet the king through Stiftelsen Min Stora Dag (My Big Day Foundation).
During his hospital stay, Akram talked a lot with his parents about the King and what the he does during the days, and expressed a wish to meet him. When CG received foreign ambassadors this morning, Akram was given the opportunity, together with his parents and brother, to see the ceremony of horses, military band and grenadiers. Afterwards they got to meet CG for a private conversation at the Royal Palace.

Video of the meeting: https://www.instagram.com...HO6T/?taken-by=kungahuset

Good luck,sweet boy! May all your dreams come true. And well done, Sir!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: October 18, 2019, 07:03:07 PM »

The King visited Swedish UN soldiers in Mali

https://www.kungahuset.se...0d37116d6345e4d3da49.html

This week, the King visited Swedish UN soldiers based in Timbuktu and Bamako in Mali.
The King visited the Swedish UN-affiliated Mali 10, which is based in Camp Nobel outside Timbuktu. There, the King, together with, among other things, the Defense Forces Chief of Staff Jan Thörnqvist, received a thorough review of the federation and its operations. Among other things, the hospital, the workshop and the equipment of the recovery company were shown.
The king also visited Swedish soldiers in Bamako. There are the Swedes who work as a support function for the logistics supply to the Swedish operation and partly those who participate in the EU training (EUTM) for Mali's army. EUTM is part of a long-term EU strategy for the entire region with the aim of restoring law and order and neutralizing terrorist threats.

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: October 19, 2019, 11:35:12 AM »

Wow, he looks like 10 years younger in these photos!
The last year, he looks more relaxed maybe... he definitely looks less grumpy, more happy!

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: October 19, 2019, 09:41:58 PM »

He still looks good in a uniform and less grumpy in these pics
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: February 19, 2020, 11:22:01 AM »

CG and Prince Michael of Kent attended the conference on road safety "Achieving Global Goals 2030" at the Stockholm Waterfront Congress Centre today

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: March 18, 2020, 03:37:46 PM »

CG attended the council of state today. Victoria was also scheduled to attend, but cancelled this morning

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: April 05, 2020, 09:05:48 PM »

CG gave a speech to the nation today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4bjVRQafBk

https://www.kungahuset.se...6f059170f39e26b9848e.html

The week leading up to Easter is commonly called Holy Week.

Today, Palm Sunday, marks the beginning of this solemn week. And in many places the mood is more solemn than ever.

COVID-19 has Sweden and the world in its grip. Streets and squares are empty and quiet.

The pandemic has dealt a major blow to our businesses, workers and the Swedish economy – to Swedish society as a whole.

At the same time, in other parts of our society, the week ahead will be all but quiet.

Civic mobilisation is taking place. I am thinking in particular of the health care sector. There, employees and volunteers are now working – together – to save as many lives as they can.

This is a huge task. It requires courage. And it will require endurance. To all of you involved in this vital work, I offer my heartfelt thanks.

Let us turn our thoughts to everyone who is working to ensure that the rest of Sweden continues to function – despite the constraints of the situation and despite the risks to their own health.

And to those of you making sure that older people receive the care they need, that we can buy food, that public transport continues to operate, and everything else we so easily take for granted – my warmest thanks to You all.

As I mentioned, Holy Week leads us to Easter. For me, and for many people in our country, this is an important celebration and one we look forward to.

It is a time when we are keen to travel and perhaps spend time with family and friends. Many go to church.

But, this Easter, some of this will not be possible. We have to accept this. We have to rethink, prepare ourselves for staying home.

We might feel sad about this. But there will be more Easter holidays. After all, for most us, this will require relatively minor sacrifices – especially if we compare this to falling seriously ill or losing a friend or member of our family.

Today, I am thinking especially of all the children in our country who are now at risk of losing grandparents. Of missing out on the security and wisdom they can offer.

For their sake, we must act responsibly and selflessly. Everyone in our country has this obligation. Each and every one of us.

There is still a great deal of uncertainty. But one thing is certain: we will remember these times and look back on them.

Did I think about other people? Or did I put myself first? We will have to live with the choices we make today, for a long time to come. They will impact many.

Easter will soon be here. And whether or not we celebrate it, I believe that we can embrace its message:

The journey is long and arduous. But in the end, light triumphs over darkness, and we will be able to feel hope again.

In a few weeks’ time, I will be 74. That’s quite an age. But this also means that I have experienced many of the crises that our country has endured.

I have seen how crises help us to re-evaluate, to distinguish between important and unimportant. How fear turns into an understanding of the seriousness of the problem and how it can be solved.

And one thing I have learned is this: however deep or protracted a crisis becomes, it will ultimately come to an end.

And when this one does, we will all benefit from the consideration and strength that the Swedish people are now demonstrating.

This strength will be an asset to our country – in the future that we are longing for.

It remains for me now to wish You and everyone in Sweden an enjoyable Easter – in spite of everything.

And though it might be hard, remember: You are not alone.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: April 06, 2020, 03:09:13 AM »

Beautiful, moving speech.
Thankyou Lady Adelaide for posting it.  Star
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: April 30, 2020, 11:24:07 AM »

CG is turning 74 today

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: April 30, 2020, 01:05:48 PM »

It’s a nice touch with the subtle blue/yellow theme

SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: April 30, 2020, 04:55:12 PM »

Happy Birthday CG, the King of Grumpy Faces!

A clip I always like to watch is of the King's birthday celebrations in the 80s when a young Madeleine shouted very loudly from the palace balcony, much to the amusement of everyone!

Silvia looks very youthful and stylish in the poncho pic. And in the photos with CG she looks absolutely besotted with him. I don't know if grandchildren bought them together or what, but they seem a lot less distant than they used to.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: May 01, 2020, 09:27:36 AM »

I like how well they look together. After all these years and all these acts and the behaviour of CG, I believe they have found a way and a place to feel good with each other.
Happy bday to CG and my best wishes for the two of them!
Nice photos, if only CG could just smile! 

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: May 01, 2020, 10:27:25 AM »

I like how well they look together. After all these years and all these acts and the behaviour of CG, I believe they have found a way and a place to feel good with each other.
Happy bday to CG and my best wishes for the two of them!
Nice photos, if only CG could just smile! 

Both have found peace with each other. Silvia certainly never had it easy with her old grumpy husband.

Still Happy Birthday to him Champagne
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: May 01, 2020, 11:56:04 AM »

Good set of pictures. Outdoors photoshoot in the countryside look somehow more relaxed and enjoyable.
Glad that Silvia was included, oh, and their dog. Agree with onar.. .they do look good together! Last pic was my favorite. Silvia look so good in that poncho. No granny dresses and buns for her   Tongue

Happy birthday to grumpy king  Beer
[who imho appear less grumpy these days]
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: May 01, 2020, 12:17:16 PM »

I like these casual, understated pictures.  Very nice.  To me, they seem more like old friends at this point.  And maybe realizing more than ever the passing of time and that our stay here is limited.  Tends to bring some people closer.  In any event, these are a nice series of pictures. 
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: