Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos of Prince Alexander, Duke of Sodermanland  (Read 137189 times)
Emma Rose

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2016, 02:42:58 AM »

I like Alex but I agree 3 names is enough.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2016, 02:52:40 AM »

Meh, Alexander is a boring name.   But I guess royals aren't particularly adventurous or interesting.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Emma Rose

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2016, 03:00:34 AM »

At least they didn't name him after any of Sofia's p0rn friends....Brutus, Randy, Dick   
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

United States United States

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2016, 03:33:03 AM »

Very unimaginative names, pleasant enough but meh, but Huburtus, really? Isn't this poor kid going to get teased enough?
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2016, 07:45:51 AM »

Well, not bad, but not very melodic IMO (Like Leonore Lilian Maria or Oscar Carl Olof   ) Hubertus after CG I guess (well, Carl and Gustaf were already taken Tongue )

The name Alexander is classic but not very swedish. I'm surprised, I would have thought Sof would choose a very royal name.
Well, first thing that came to my mind when I read the name was "Alexander the Great".

Nevertheless, Alex is a good name. And why not, the other 3 are traditional enough.

I meant a swedish royal name. As far as I know there never was a king Alexander in Sweden.

I don't think the four names flow well together. The Hubertus makes Bertil stick out and surely Bertil deserves better than looking like an afterthought..

I had the same thought. After all the fuss about "the-name-Bertil-is-reserved-for-CP" I'm quite surprised about the order of the names. And I would have preferred Folke over Hubertus.
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2016, 08:12:59 AM »

Well, not bad, but not very melodic IMO (Like Leonore Lilian Maria or Oscar Carl Olof  ) Hubertus after CG I guess (well, Carl and Gustaf were already taken Tongue )

The name Alexander is classic but not very swedish. I'm surprised, I would have thought Sof would choose a very royal name.
Well, first thing that came to my mind when I read the name was "Alexander the Great".

Nevertheless, Alex is a good name. And why not, the other 3 are traditional enough.

I meant a swedish royal name. As far as I know there never was a king Alexander in Sweden.

I don't think the four names flow well together. The Hubertus makes Bertil stick out and surely Bertil deserves better than looking like an afterthought..

I had the same thought. After all the fuss about "the-name-Bertil-is-reserved-for-CP" I'm quite surprised about the order of the names. And I would have preferred Folke over Hubertus.

You're right...there was never a King Alexander in Sweden. The only prince (and prince-bishop) I'm able to remember is Alexander Charles Vasa (we are talking about 17th century). He was not so old when he died but he is remembered since he has supported his older brother during the claim for the throne of Poland. However he is a part of second offshoot of the RF so he would never been king.
Swedish member...please correct me if something is wrong since I'm not sure I remember it right  Blush
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:37:54 AM by Arturo94 » Logged

EstellesBows

Medium Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2016, 08:32:13 AM »

Very unimaginative names, pleasant enough but meh, but Huburtus, really? Isn't this poor kid going to get teased enough?

At least it is 'just' a middle name. The beauty of middle names is they really only appear on official documents.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
lilith

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2016, 10:06:45 AM »

ITA with this, although I like the names individually. Alexander Erik Bertil or Alexander Bertil Erik have way better flow IMO, but I guess they had to honor CG somehow. Roll Eyes
Ingeborg

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2016, 06:38:34 PM »

ITA with this, although I like the names individually. Alexander Erik Bertil or Alexander Bertil Erik have way better flow IMO, but I guess they had to honor CG somehow. Roll Eyes

Yes that is why I guessed Hubertus, because of the paternal grandfather of the King. Hubertus sounds better than Folke. For the moment. These things changes of course. Next boy maybe will be a little Folke.

Folke Bernadotte, son of prince Oscar was married to a Estelle. So maybe they not going to use that name.
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2016, 10:07:52 AM »

First photo of Alexander.
The photo was taken by Carl Philip.
Maybe I see a little bit more of CP in his face...especially from the nose down but it's too soon IMO.  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 11:28:49 AM by Arturo94 » Logged

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2016, 10:51:10 AM »

I can't see either of his parents in his face.

I'm really rooting for this kid. What awful parents he has.

Cecilia

Big Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2016, 11:59:23 AM »

He looks big and sturdy!
jacodela

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2016, 12:06:49 PM »

It's the first time I am active on your wonderful disher's site after I have read your comments and posts for nearly two years now with great joy and amusement.  Lolipop
So, what makes me going active under this topic and placing my first post?
It's seeing mini-grandpa Erik in white royal linen which made me break out in peals of laughter this morning. Laughing
Erik-the-swedish-guy's genes have triumphed over Grumpy CG's!
Wouldn't it be funny if CG had to look in Papa Hellqvist's face every time he meets his "golden grandchild"?
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2016, 12:07:30 PM »

He looks big and sturdy!
3,6 kilos for 49 cm is sturdy alright!!! He looks different from his cousins, all the other Swedish royal babies had one thing  or another in common, he looks different to me. Welcome to t he world, little man!
laboheme

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2016, 03:14:39 PM »

So now we have to add photographer to CP's list of incredible accomplishments (like designer and race car driver?)  Roll Eyes

Just because parents can take photos *cough Kate and Mary*, doesn't mean they should. I know that Daniel took the recent ones of Oscar and Estelle, but he at least got their faces. I feel like the photo would have been better from the opposite angle, but what do I know? I'm not a photographer.

I guess the baby's cute. I really can't tell. I'll wait for a professional photo.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: