Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos of Prince Alexander, Duke of Sodermanland  (Read 144429 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #480 on: August 27, 2018, 03:20:15 PM »

I guess I just don't see the problem with Stenhammar going to CP's family line. It doesn't mean Victoria and Madeleine will be left without inheritance. There's still Solliden, the villa in Saint Tropez and the house in Storlien for them. And Alex doesn't have to keep Stenhammar if he doesn't want to. The will clearly states that the duke of Södermanland has preferential right to lease the estate, if he or his guardian so wishes. If Alex decides after grandpa is gone that he doesn't want anything to do with the estate then he is free to pass it on to his father, brother or any of his male cousins.

And that, right there, is the core of the issue. CG made so Alexander is higher or equal in status with Oscar. He isn't. CG is all about status so it's a slight towards Oscar and towards Victoria. Who does that to their child and grandson? Someone vile and selfish.

But do we know that Victoria didn't agree to all of this? She knows very well that her brother has been groomed to take over the estate for years and likely wishes to keep it in his family too. She's the future monarch and will get the majority of CG's fortune anyway. Who's to say she doesn't approve of Alex getting Stenhammar over Oscar?

It’s not her brother who will be taking over? Confused It’s Alexander.
And no, we don’t know what Victoria thinks. But seeing that the SRF is a highly dysfunctional family where both Victoria and Madeleine are both subjected to horrible parenting with their brother’s wishes and rights being put before theirs, I am sure Victoria has nothing to say at all.
EstellesBows

Medium Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: August 27, 2018, 04:21:18 PM »

I'd like it if Vikkan was in agreement with Alexander being given this Duchy, but knowing who her father is, and how much he favours CP and resents that his daughter his his heir and not his son, I suspect Vikkan was told Alexander would be given this Duchy instead of Oscar, not asked.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
gmf

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: August 27, 2018, 05:49:21 PM »

I guess I just don't see the problem with Stenhammar going to CP's family line. It doesn't mean Victoria and Madeleine will be left without inheritance. There's still Solliden, the villa in Saint Tropez and the house in Storlien for them. And Alex doesn't have to keep Stenhammar if he doesn't want to. The will clearly states that the duke of Södermanland has preferential right to lease the estate, if he or his guardian so wishes. If Alex decides after grandpa is gone that he doesn't want anything to do with the estate then he is free to pass it on to his father, brother or any of his male cousins.

And that, right there, is the core of the issue. CG made so Alexander is higher or equal in status with Oscar. He isn't. CG is all about status so it's a slight towards Oscar and towards Victoria. Who does that to their child and grandson? Someone vile and selfish.

Oscar and Alexander have the same royal status as any other of CG's grandchildren. Oscar is just a little higher in the line of succession.
CG decided simply to favor the male line, not specifically CP or Alexender...
We don't know what Victoria thinks about this decision but one thing is sure: she has never expressed any resentment towards her father. She even choose, against swedish tradition, to be accompained by him to the altar the day of her wedding. Hardly a sign of disapproval towards her father...
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #483 on: August 27, 2018, 05:58:18 PM »

Oscar and Alexander have the same royal status as any other of CG's grandchildren. Oscar is just a little higher in the line of succession.
We don't know what Victoria thinks about this decision but one thing is sure: she has never expressed any resentment towards her father. She even choose, against swedish tradition, to be accompained by him to the altar the day of her wedding. Hardly a sign of disapproval towards her father...

Oscar is the son of the future regent. He will likely work as a royal when he’s an adult. Alex is the grandson of a regent and will likely never be a working royal. They are not equal in status.

You can have your opinion on CG being an awesome parent because no one has spoken out about him certainly. I’d say Victoria developing an ED and Madeleine practically fleeing the country says more than enough about the parenting of CG and Silvia.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: August 27, 2018, 06:20:21 PM »

Favoring the male line just because of its male is not okay.  It's called sexism, and the Swedish government stepped in to rectify it.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: August 28, 2018, 12:45:02 AM »

Oscar is the son of the future regent. He will likely work as a royal when he’s an adult. Alex is the grandson of a regent and will likely never be a working royal. They are not equal in status.

You can have your opinion on CG being an awesome parent because no one has spoken out about him certainly. I’d say Victoria developing an ED and Madeleine practically fleeing the country says more than enough about the parenting of CG and Silvia.

Yeah. Pure speculation on my part but she might love her father and crave his approval, which would explain the walking down the aisle thing, and, if she does, it would hurt like hell to know he's a sexist pig who favours her brother, and maybe favours her brother's children over her own.  A recipe for conflicting emotions and difficulties.  Parent/child relationships can be complex things.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:56:03 AM by Margaret » Logged
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: August 28, 2018, 09:17:09 AM »

Yes, favoring the male line just because of its being male is not okay, however, at the time the will of the Stenhammer Castle was made, times were different and it was usual that male-line descendants were favored over females. The times have changed a lot but when this was put in the will that the castle could only go through a male-line, then its the stipulation of the will, and its unchangeable (I read somewhere that the castle could only go through a male-line but Caroline posted that it goes to a male of the Bernadotte line, so not sure which one is correct).

When Stenhammer Castle was willed to the Swedish government the stipualtions were that it could only be rented to a male of the Bernadette line with the rent set at SEK 1,000 per year.   With a 3,500 acre estate Alexander has potential to make a tidy living if he manages the estate correctly.

If the stipulation says it goes to the male-line descendants, then the Bernadotte family male-line descendants don’t go through Victoria, it goes through Carl Philip and in this case it will go to Carl Philip's firstborn son Alexander. If it can be rented to a male of the Bernadette line, then why in this case it won't go to the eldest of Carl XVI Gustaf's grandsons (and CG's first grandson was Nicolas, not Oscar)?
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: August 28, 2018, 11:42:53 AM »

Yes, favoring the male line just because of its being male is not okay, however, at the time the will of the Stenhammer Castle was made, times were different and it was usual that male-line descendants were favored over females. The times have changed a lot but when this was put in the will that the castle could only go through a male-line, then its the stipulation of the will, and its unchangeable (I read somewhere that the castle could only go through a male-line but Caroline posted that it goes to a male of the Bernadotte line, so not sure which one is correct).

When Stenhammer Castle was willed to the Swedish government the stipualtions were that it could only be rented to a male of the Bernadette line with the rent set at SEK 1,000 per year.   With a 3,500 acre estate Alexander has potential to make a tidy living if he manages the estate correctly.

If the stipulation says it goes to the male-line descendants, then the Bernadotte family male-line descendants don’t go through Victoria, it goes through Carl Philip and in this case it will go to Carl Philip's firstborn son Alexander. If it can be rented to a male of the Bernadette line, then why in this case it won't go to the eldest of Carl XVI Gustaf's grandsons (and CG's first grandson was Nicolas, not Oscar)?

That would make also sense.

But then the question arises, what happens when there is no direct male heir anymore? To whom does the property then go?
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: August 28, 2018, 02:13:12 PM »

Eve, all the Star's for you.  I hadn't even thought of it that way.   All the Swedish wiki article says is "The testament shows that the main building is to be leased to a male offspring of the genus Bernadotte , with the predecessor of the Duke of Södermanland , if any."   As for Nicolas, I would not be surprised if Maddie's family never returned to Sweden full-time and therefore lost their succession rights.   But whatever.  I know that I have a hard time believing Alex and Sodermanland is just an innocent coincidence.   It would have made more since to me for Oscar to be Sodermanland, Alex to be Darlana (where Sofia's from), and Gabriel to be Skane or something else.

I do have to say that I loved you post...one of the beautiful things about RD is we all have different thoughts, experiences, feelings, etc.   And when those differences are expressed kindly if opens up fabulous discussion.
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: August 28, 2018, 06:59:51 PM »

Eve, all the Star's for you.  I hadn't even thought of it that way.   All the Swedish wiki article says is "The testament shows that the main building is to be leased to a male offspring of the genus Bernadotte , with the predecessor of the Duke of Södermanland , if any."   As for Nicolas, I would not be surprised if Maddie's family never returned to Sweden full-time and therefore lost their succession rights.   But whatever.  I know that I have a hard time believing Alex and Sodermanland is just an innocent coincidence.   It would have made more since to me for Oscar to be Sodermanland, Alex to be Darlana (where Sofia's from), and Gabriel to be Skane or something else.

I do have to say that I loved you post...one of the beautiful things about RD is we all have different thoughts, experiences, feelings, etc.   And when those differences are expressed kindly if opens up fabulous discussion.

Thanks and  Star nback at you Caroline. I also enjoy RD and discussions about royals and royalty  Smiley
Kemenate

Mini Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: November 21, 2018, 02:30:35 PM »

Super adorable picture of prince Alexander
https://www.instagram.com...&igshid=1jnjwngtweas5
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: November 21, 2018, 02:32:16 PM »

Super adorable picture of prince Alexander
https://www.instagram.com...&igshid=1jnjwngtweas5
Adorable kid! In this photo, I see a lot of his both parents in him!

SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: November 21, 2018, 10:34:37 PM »

He reminds me so much of a Teddy bear, huge dark eyes and gorgeous blonde hair, so cute!! Also for some reason I got a Kit Harrington vibe from this pic!
Kemenate

Mini Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: December 25, 2018, 08:58:34 AM »

He is so cute. Must be from last summer/autumn.
https://www.instagram.com...&igshid=1cvpkad5jt3xc
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: December 25, 2018, 09:13:31 AM »

he is adorable  Icecream
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: