Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos of Prince Alexander, Duke of Sodermanland  (Read 156101 times)
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: August 26, 2018, 02:54:47 AM »

Ok, so I'm a little late to the party so sorry if anyone already covered this.

The issue with Alexander being given Sodermanland as his duchy is that the Duke of Sodermanland or an agent acting on his behalf has first dibs on the rent of Stenhammar Castle (https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stenhammars_slott).   When Stenhammer Castle was willed to the Swedish government the stipualtions were that it could only be rented to a male of the Bernadette line with the rent set at SEK 1,000 per year.   With a 3,500 acre estate Alexander has potential to make a tidy living if he manages the estate correctly.

This topic was previously discussed on the Titles tread (https://royaldish.com/ind...253.msg1116605#msg1116605).

My beef with this is that if Sodermanland was to be used in that generation it should have gone to Oscar.   I remember reading earlier this year that Sweden is set to change which members of the royal family are supposed to be "working royal" and there for receive an allowance for said "work".   Estelle is the only one in her generation that is, in my mind, safe.   Alexander, Gabriel, Leonore, Nicolas, and Adrienne should be raised to understand that they will never be working royal unless something tragic occurs.   

Lets say CG passes at 100.   Victoria, Daniel, Estelle (age 34), and Estelle's spouse would be covered with funding.   Oscar (age 30) will likely be expected to remain eligible for succession and therefore acting as regent should the above be out of the country or a child of Estelle's inherits under the age of 18.   This puts Oscar in a grey area--if he is not receiving official funding for activities but has limits because he needs to be available.   Sodermanland and therefore Stenhammer would have made prefect sense for Oscar in order to secure his family.

Of course CG should do what he can for his other grandchildren but this is a bit ridiculous.   Side note CG currently holds the lease, I believe for life.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: August 26, 2018, 03:04:13 AM »

The issue with Alexander being given Sodermanland as his duchy is that the Duke of Sodermanland or an agent acting on his behalf has first dibs on the rent of Stenhammar Castle (https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stenhammars_slott).   When Stenhammer Castle was willed to the Swedish government the stipualtions were that it could only be rented to a male of the Bernadette line with the rent set at SEK 1,000 per year.   With a 3,500 acre estate Alexander has potential to make a tidy living if he manages the estate correctly.

This topic was previously discussed on the Titles tread (https://royaldish.com/ind...253.msg1116605#msg1116605).

My beef with this is that if Sodermanland was to be used in that generation it should have gone to Oscar.   I remember reading earlier this year that Sweden is set to change which members of the royal family are supposed to be "working royal" and there for receive an allowance for said "work".   Estelle is the only one in her generation that is, in my mind, safe.   Alexander, Gabriel, Leonore, Nicolas, and Adrienne should be raised to understand that they will never be working royal unless something tragic occurs.   

Lets say CG passes at 100.   Victoria, Daniel, Estelle (age 34), and Estelle's spouse would be covered with funding.   Oscar (age 30) will likely be expected to remain eligible for succession and therefore acting as regent should the above be out of the country or a child of Estelle's inherits under the age of 18.   This puts Oscar in a grey area--if he is not receiving official funding for activities but has limits because he needs to be available.   Sodermanland and therefore Stenhammer would have made prefect sense for Oscar in order to secure his family.

Of course CG should do what he can for his other grandchildren but this is a bit ridiculous.   Side note CG currently holds the lease, I believe for life.

Ah!  That's why I was thinking he'd get income. Thank you for this  Star

Yes, this should never have gone to Alex at all. This is just more more favoritism by CG and more misogyny toward Victoria.  CG is a misogynistic slimeball.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: August 26, 2018, 01:06:41 PM »

The issue with Alexander being given Sodermanland as his duchy is that the Duke of Sodermanland or an agent acting on his behalf has first dibs on the rent of Stenhammar Castle (https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stenhammars_slott).   When Stenhammer Castle was willed to the Swedish government the stipualtions were that it could only be rented to a male of the Bernadette line with the rent set at SEK 1,000 per year.   With a 3,500 acre estate Alexander has potential to make a tidy living if he manages the estate correctly.

My beef with this is that if Sodermanland was to be used in that generation it should have gone to Oscar.   I remember reading earlier this year that Sweden is set to change which members of the royal family are supposed to be "working royal" and there for receive an allowance for said "work".   Estelle is the only one in her generation that is, in my mind, safe.   Alexander, Gabriel, Leonore, Nicolas, and Adrienne should be raised to understand that they will never be working royal unless something tragic occurs.  

Lets say CG passes at 100.   Victoria, Daniel, Estelle (age 34), and Estelle's spouse would be covered with funding.   Oscar (age 30) will likely be expected to remain eligible for succession and therefore acting as regent should the above be out of the country or a child of Estelle's inherits under the age of 18.   This puts Oscar in a grey area--if he is not receiving official funding for activities but has limits because he needs to be available.   Sodermanland and therefore Stenhammer would have made prefect sense for Oscar in order to secure his family.

Of course CG should do what he can for his other grandchildren but this is a bit ridiculous.   Side note CG currently holds the lease, I believe for life.

Ah!  That's why I was thinking he'd get income. Thank you for this  Star

Yes, this should never have gone to Alex at all. This is just more more favoritism by CG and more misogyny toward Victoria.  CG is a misogynistic slimeball.

I am going to cut CG a little slack on this decision because maybe,  just maybe,  he realizes that he has failed as a parent vis a vis CP and that his pride and joy will never amount to anything.

And as such he is trying to do what he can for Alex and Gabe and secure  their futures through  this title because he knows that their parents are not going to be positive markers in their lives either ethically or materially.

Just a thought.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #468 on: August 26, 2018, 01:24:45 PM »

The issue with Alexander being given Sodermanland as his duchy is that the Duke of Sodermanland or an agent acting on his behalf has first dibs on the rent of Stenhammar Castle (https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stenhammars_slott).   When Stenhammer Castle was willed to the Swedish government the stipualtions were that it could only be rented to a male of the Bernadette line with the rent set at SEK 1,000 per year.   With a 3,500 acre estate Alexander has potential to make a tidy living if he manages the estate correctly.

My beef with this is that if Sodermanland was to be used in that generation it should have gone to Oscar.   I remember reading earlier this year that Sweden is set to change which members of the royal family are supposed to be "working royal" and there for receive an allowance for said "work".   Estelle is the only one in her generation that is, in my mind, safe.   Alexander, Gabriel, Leonore, Nicolas, and Adrienne should be raised to understand that they will never be working royal unless something tragic occurs.  

Lets say CG passes at 100.   Victoria, Daniel, Estelle (age 34), and Estelle's spouse would be covered with funding.   Oscar (age 30) will likely be expected to remain eligible for succession and therefore acting as regent should the above be out of the country or a child of Estelle's inherits under the age of 18.   This puts Oscar in a grey area--if he is not receiving official funding for activities but has limits because he needs to be available.   Sodermanland and therefore Stenhammer would have made prefect sense for Oscar in order to secure his family.

Of course CG should do what he can for his other grandchildren but this is a bit ridiculous.   Side note CG currently holds the lease, I believe for life.

Ah!  That's why I was thinking he'd get income. Thank you for this  Star

Yes, this should never have gone to Alex at all. This is just more more favoritism by CG and more misogyny toward Victoria.  CG is a misogynistic slimeball.

I am going to cut CG a little slack on this decision because maybe,  just maybe,  he realizes that he has failed as a parent vis a vis CP and that his pride and joy will never amount to anything.

And as such he is trying to do what he can for Alex and Gabe and secure  their futures through  this title because he knows that their parents are not going to be positive markers in their lives either ethically or materially.

Just a thought.

I doubt that’s the thought process. Sofia’s entry to the SRF has been the most celebrated and welcoming. There are no signs whatsoever that CG finds Sofia a bad choice of partner. She and CP are spoiled beyond explaining IMO and the way he does it - with the complications it will obviously create for Victoria in her time to reign - shows you all about what CG is about. Himself and his precious son. Really, he’s vile IMO.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: August 26, 2018, 02:55:28 PM »

I think CG should have given the title and therefore possible future income to Oscar for the reasons stated but in another way, Vic's family will be financially okay as she and Estelle will be funded for life so they can afford to pass any private funds on to Oscar, Madde has Chris to provide for her, so yeah CP who's pretty rubbish has to find a way to provide for his family Thinking
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: August 26, 2018, 02:58:00 PM »

Maria, Ralf I get it, I was just hoping  that maybe CG is not a complete write off as a parent.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: August 26, 2018, 03:41:24 PM »

CG and CP both share a passion for agriculture, Victoria does not. IMO, it makes sense CG would gift Stenhammar to his son even though it might seem unfair to Victoria's family. Oscar is son to the future queen and will be taken care of financially anyway no matter if he becomes a working royal or not.

Besides, it's not like Stenhammar will make Alexander wealthy. The farm is barely profitable, even after CG has poured millions of private money and EU subsidies into it. Whatever income Alex might get from it is small, and as he is personally responsible for the upkeep of the estate, it will likely become more of a financial burden than asset to him anyway.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: August 26, 2018, 04:32:30 PM »

CG and CP both share a passion for agriculture, Victoria does not. IMO, it makes sense CG would gift Stenhammar to his son even though it might seem unfair to Victoria's family. Oscar is son to the future queen and will be taken care of financially anyway no matter if he becomes a working royal or not.

Besides, it's not like Stenhammar will make Alexander wealthy. The farm is barely profitable, even after CG has poured millions of private money and EU subsidies into it. Whatever income Alex might get from it is small, and as he is personally responsible for the upkeep of the estate, it will likely become more of a financial burden than asset to him anyway.

CP has a passion for agriculture? Is this like his passion for design and racing cars? We’ve all seen how those two things have worked out for him.  Laugh bounce Laughing
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #473 on: August 26, 2018, 05:21:35 PM »

CG gifted Stenhammer to his grandson, not son. There’s no way of knowing if wee Alexander will have an interest in agriculture. In fact one could argue that CG is pushing this life on Alexander, limiting his choices in the future which is an odd thing to do to a child Huh?

As for CP’s interest in agriculture it seems rather limited. He doesn’t work with agriculture in his everyday life and seems to be mostly interested in racing cars and design. Surely if agriculture was something he was interested in we would see him more involved in his everyday life and see it reflected in his patronages too.
EstellesBows

Medium Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: August 27, 2018, 03:22:48 AM »

I get the impression that CG thinks the taxpayers should pay for CP and his kids for eternity to "make up" for him losing the Crown Prince title. However, the only grandchildren from this generation that can reasonably expect to be working royals are Estelle and Oscar (I think Oscar will be needed, especially as people now tend to marry and have children later in life. Victoria was in her mid 30s when Estelle was born, and Estelle is a similar age, it is going to be 50 years until her children are working age (they have to turn 18, and then it is reasonable to allow them time to complete University study/military training/whatever), so I think there will be some role for Oscar, sort of like what Jokke does in Denmark now.

But Alex and Gabriel will need to make their own way in life, and I am concerned that isn't being made clear to CP and Hoefia, not that I'd trust them to prepare the boys for that even if they were. At least Madde and Chris seem to get it, so their kids will be fine. And Chris is independently wealthy, so they won't be lacking for anything.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
EstellesBows

Medium Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: August 27, 2018, 03:26:49 AM »

double post.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: August 27, 2018, 04:39:53 AM »

I get the impression that CG thinks the taxpayers should pay for CP and his kids for eternity to "make up" for him losing the Crown Prince title. However, the only grandchildren from this generation that can reasonably expect to be working royals are Estelle and Oscar (I think Oscar will be needed, especially as people now tend to marry and have children later in life. Victoria was in her mid 30s when Estelle was born, and Estelle is a similar age, it is going to be 50 years until her children are working age (they have to turn 18, and then it is reasonable to allow them time to complete University study/military training/whatever), so I think there will be some role for Oscar, sort of like what Jokke does in Denmark now.

But Alex and Gabriel will need to make their own way in life, and I am concerned that isn't being made clear to CP and Hoefia, not that I'd trust them to prepare the boys for that even if they were. At least Madde and Chris seem to get it, so their kids will be fine. And Chris is independently wealthy, so they won't be lacking for anything.

I do too.  I often wonder if CP would have been such a failure if the change hadn't have happened.  I suspect that he would, as he's just not smart at all, but there's no way to know.  I do like to think that he'd never have been allowed to marry that trash heap of a wife if he'd retained the heir title, but with the way CG allows him to do whatever he wants, he probably still would have ended up with the snake. 

Either way, I'm very glad Vikkan is the heir. 
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: August 27, 2018, 01:37:15 PM »

CG gifted Stenhammer to his grandson, not son. There’s no way of knowing if wee Alexander will have an interest in agriculture. In fact one could argue that CG is pushing this life on Alexander, limiting his choices in the future which is an odd thing to do to a child Huh?

As for CP’s interest in agriculture it seems rather limited. He doesn’t work with agriculture in his everyday life and seems to be mostly interested in racing cars and design. Surely if agriculture was something he was interested in we would see him more involved in his everyday life and see it reflected in his patronages too.

Well, CP did study agriculture and forestry, even though it took him forever to finish his studies. He has been heavily involved in the running of Stenhammar estate for many years and has said in several interviews that he shares his father's interest for agriculture. Just because he doesn't work with it in his everyday life doesn't mean it's not an interest of his. It's not like he works hard for any of his patronages anyway.

I guess I just don't see the problem with Stenhammar going to CP's family line. It doesn't mean Victoria and Madeleine will be left without inheritance. There's still Solliden, the villa in Saint Tropez and the house in Storlien for them. And Alex doesn't have to keep Stenhammar if he doesn't want to. The will clearly states that the duke of Södermanland has preferential right to lease the estate, if he or his guardian so wishes. If Alex decides after grandpa is gone that he doesn't want anything to do with the estate then he is free to pass it on to his father, brother or any of his male cousins.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #478 on: August 27, 2018, 01:43:11 PM »

I guess I just don't see the problem with Stenhammar going to CP's family line. It doesn't mean Victoria and Madeleine will be left without inheritance. There's still Solliden, the villa in Saint Tropez and the house in Storlien for them. And Alex doesn't have to keep Stenhammar if he doesn't want to. The will clearly states that the duke of Södermanland has preferential right to lease the estate, if he or his guardian so wishes. If Alex decides after grandpa is gone that he doesn't want anything to do with the estate then he is free to pass it on to his father, brother or any of his male cousins.

And that, right there, is the core of the issue. CG made so Alexander is higher or equal in status with Oscar. He isn't. CG is all about status so it's a slight towards Oscar and towards Victoria. Who does that to their child and grandson? Someone vile and selfish.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: August 27, 2018, 01:58:20 PM »

And that, right there, is the core of the issue. CG made so Alexander is higher or equal in status with Oscar. He isn't. CG is all about status so it's a slight towards Oscar and towards Victoria. Who does that to their child and grandson? Someone vile and selfish.

But do we know that Victoria didn't agree to all of this? She knows very well that her brother has been groomed to take over the estate for years and likely wishes to keep it in his family too. She's the future monarch and will get the majority of CG's fortune anyway. Who's to say she doesn't approve of Alex getting Stenhammar over Oscar?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:12:37 PM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: