Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 350th Oktave  (Read 9437 times)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 02:12:04 AM »

If they were in Lux, there were enough people to take care of Tessy, so Louis and the boys could have gone. I don't critisise the boys, they are kids and probably do what their parents/grandparents tell them but I wonder what was going on and why Tessy posted the pic from the plane. She is a media profi, so her posts are there for a specific reason. Henri, MT, Gui and Linus looked very tense for most of the time, so I guess there must have been more going on than just Tessy being sick (I just don't think that the whole family was sick on sunday but well enough to take the flight back on monday). The boys went on events with their grandparents (without their parents) several times, so Tessy being sick wouldn't have stopped the boys attending the Octave with Henri and MT (there were nice pics from last year when the boys walked with Henri and MT)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 02:22:18 AM »

I just now realized that this was the 350th year of this event.  For such a special anniversary, the family should have been there en masse. 
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 02:27:39 AM »

Special guests, the renewal of the consecration of the patron saint (this was the morning mass that only MT and Henri attended), the 350th anniversary and than this very bad turnout of the GD family. So no excuse for the adult children missing the event and the morning mass, the only ones that had an excuse are Tessy (sick) and the 3 grandchildren
ralf103

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 10:56:52 PM »

I guess maybe Louis wanted to look after Tessy and maybe the boys wanted to stay with their parents as well? I'm a bit surprised that we didn't see more of Henri & MTs kids there though. Felix  and Claire seem to be able to attend a number of other events so why not this one? Similarly wasn't it said that Alexandra is back in Luxembourg from her studies in America now? Seb is starting Sandhurst in September so he may well be around (either in Lux or the UK). It does seem a bit odd given that we usually see so many of the children there normally and this was meant to be such an important milestone service.

I don't place to much on the pictures of MT Henri, Gui and Steph looking tense. They are at a religious service and it sounded like it was pretty serious in its content (well the sermon from one of the priests at least) so it would have been odd if they were too laid back and relaxed. I saw some pictures of them walking through the streets before or after the service and they seemed much more jovial.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 11:28:55 AM »

They also looked tense during much of the walking as well this time. It was really hard to find pics were they were smiling, especially compared to last year. Seba was in France plyaing golf with Felix a few weeks ago, so he seems to be in Europe at the moment and he and Felix could (should) have attended. No idea where Alex is but Henri or MT said in a interview that she continues her studies, so depending where she studies she might not have had the time to attend. But it will be interesting to see who attends Noah's communion at the end of May
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 07:01:45 PM »

The outfit MT is wearing looks great on her  Thumb up

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 09:53:19 PM »

I just now realized that this was the 350th year of this event.  For such a special anniversary, the family should have been there en masse. 

The Catholizism they practice I find strange. MT and Henri seem to be devout Catholics (big family, ....).

Giu and Linus were portrait as "practicing Catholics" but missing events like that make me doubt it, really. Also putting off having a family (even though I could imagine that they are experiencing some fertility problems now) is not Catholic.

Felix and Claire ... they went to this obscure Catholic university, had a baby within the first year of the marriage but since then ... I doubt that their devotion is real. She does not wear modest clothes, second child is nowhere to be seen, she seems to be vain.
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 10:15:47 PM »

The Catholizism they practice I find strange. MT and Henri seem to be devout Catholics (big family, ....).

Giu and Linus were portrait as "practicing Catholics" but missing events like that make me doubt it, really. Also putting off having a family (even though I could imagine that they are experiencing some fertility problems now) is not Catholic.

Felix and Claire ... they went to this obscure Catholic university, had a baby within the first year of the marriage but since then ... I doubt that their devotion is real. She does not wear modest clothes, second child is nowhere to be seen, she seems to be vain.

The Pope himself is against reproducing like rabbits, so I wouldn't judge a person catholisism in the amount of kids he/she has. I went to a catholic school and I had a very devout teacher that only had two kids by practicing abstinence on the middle of her cicle (apparentely is not sinful, as opposed to wearing condoms, the pill, and other 'active' methods)
I would jugde them on not goint to he biggest catholic event in their country, of course, but nowadays modesty is also kind of relative.
I also wouldn't judge anyone's amount of faith based on certain stuff that are common for most of the population (i.g., I have a friend whom I can say is the biggest believer I know, yet she wears mini skirts and moved in with her boyfriend before being married)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2016, 08:36:42 PM »

The cour did update their agenda and included the Octave (the one that just happened). If my French is correct, they expected more family members to take part in the procession, so I wonder what happened and why they added this info after the Octave.
Here is the text from the cour: "15h40 - Cath?drale Notre-Dame, Luxembourg: Leurs Altesses Royales le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse, accompagn?es de Leurs Altesses Royales le Grand-Duc H?ritier et la Grande-Duchesse H?riti?re ainsi que des membres de la Famille grand-ducale assisteront ? la procession de cl?ture de l?Octave."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: