Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lux state visit to Finland  (Read 7632 times)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 02:44:35 PM »

First pics from today https://www.flickr.com/ph.../albums/72157665863987543
They went to Espoo today and had some yummy insects as a snack and met pupils from the me & my city project

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 03:59:45 PM »

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 04:15:22 PM »

I think the Eli Saab dresses look good on her, but they do not look the million bucks they probably cost. By now there are gazillion copies of those dresses from every designer and fashion house, so IMO to everyone who still orders such a dress from Eli: he has moved on and so should you...
Loved  the white outfit, extremely chic and wow.
The beige and black... again she has this two-toned at the boobs shift/coat-combo in almost every color imaginable.... it is nice, it looks good, but it isn't a like good cashmere turtle that you can indeed have in every colour of the rainbow.
That outfit gets eyerolls.
I like the casual pant suits, she looks quite good in them, and considering how such combos often make a chubby girl look hhm not good, that's great.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 05:04:43 PM »

Based on the pictures it seems to me MT is (positively) engaged in this visit. Truly interested in the people and the world around her.

No sour faces as we probably could have expected from daughter in law Linus.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 05:51:04 PM »

Minus the Linus Tribute Scarf that is hanging there in an unattractive way, she looks nice.  The outfit is blah in general, but she's got posture that shows she's engaged and open to meeting people and learning about the place she's visiting.  She looks healthy and happy.  Amazing how posture and body language can add so much to the overall look of a person. 

I like the Elie Saab gown, but I feel like he does the same design over and over and over again.  The twin gown she wore with Linus at the pre-wedding gala, the gown on Marie-Chantal of Greece at the same event, Linus' wedding gown, and Claire's wedding gown all seem like they're versions of the same exact dress.  Linus' wedding gown was beautiful, but the effect was ruined because she wore such a similar gown the night before.  I hated Claire's wedding gown.  It was like an ugly version of Linus' wedding gown combined with the gowns MT and Linus wore to the gala.  The gown that Margaretha wore to that pre-wedding gala, the gowns Mette-Marit of Norway and Astrid of Belgium wore to that same event and the gown Linus wore to the enthronement gala for WA in the NL all seem like versions of the same gown. It's kind of boring and makes me wonder why he doesn't vary his designs more. 
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2016, 06:44:18 PM »

and while Henri went to PRague to get an award, MT and the delegation went back to Lux.
RTL also had a short interview with Henri about the visit
http://replayaudio.newmed...6acd25e08f1b513afec8b.mp3
and a video about the last day http://tele.rtl.lu/emissi...n/de-journal/3062003.html

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 07:00:44 PM by Trier1 » Logged
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2016, 08:17:08 PM »

rtl had an interesting video about the state visit and the preparations. It starts at 3:40 and you see the preparations of the Lux evening that started at Berg (nice kitchen), MT before the state visit at her other event, MT and Henri during the flight and short interviews with MT and Henri about state visits
http://tele.rtl.lu/emissi...hema-magazin/3062377.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: