Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wonder Woman  (Read 1291 times)
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2017, 04:06:52 AM »

For some of us of a certain age, before there was Buffy - the Vampire Slayer, there was Wonder Woman! I read her comics as a child and as a fan of the DC Comic universe, I have been looking forward to this film.

I watched it this evening and I LOVED it! It was worth the...eeks 40 year wait?

What did you all think?
Aubiette

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 05:08:28 AM »

I'm going to see it this weekend. I have been looking forward to it and I am not into comic book movies. I probably shouldn't check this thread again until after I see it due to potential spoilers. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 06:18:05 AM »

99% rating on Rotten Tomato!
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 10:49:04 AM »

I'm seeing tomorrow!!! I've a friend that won tickets for the special preview on Wednesday and she said it's awesome. Her boyfriend that went with her said it's probably the best super hero movie in a long time, and the guy it's a Marvel fanboy Wink

I'm super excited

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Aubiette

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 04:31:26 AM »

Loved it!
cowgrrl

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 01:16:14 AM »

I adored it!!  I found myself getting oddly emotional during the fight scenes.  Total girl power FTW!!  I'm really hoping the success of this movie means we get a Black Widow movie soon. 

And I tested the 'Sword on the back' idea & its totally possible and doesn't hurt or even really feel uncomfortable. 
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 03:25:21 AM »

I adored it!!  I found myself getting oddly emotional during the fight scenes.  Total girl power FTW!!  I'm really hoping the success of this movie means we get a Black Widow movie soon. 

And I tested the 'Sword on the back' idea & its totally possible and doesn't hurt or even really feel uncomfortable. 

I love the fact that you tried it!  Star
Passing Stars

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 04:19:25 AM »

My husband makes his living in the world of Marvel comics so of course we went to see it.  I LOVED it 

My daughter is 10 and had asked a couple of weeks ago if I wanted to watch an episode of 13 Reasons Why with her.  I had never heard of it so I said - Sure.  An episode and a half later I was shaking and immediately canceled our Netflix account.  I know lots of people will have different feelings about that show, but what I saw was weak female characters being abused physically and emotionally by boys, making it appear very natural that boys will behave that way.  The strong female lead committed suicide, giving what I felt was a message of - You can't win  Sad. Wonder Woman set my world back on it's correct axis  Grin

I would also love a Black Widow movie  Angel
cowgrrl

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 06:25:44 PM »

I love the fact that you tried it!  Star

HA!  Nerdiness for the win!!  We have several swords for various purposes at the house so I thought I'd try it.  Sitting down would be tricky but no problem walking around. 
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 03:13:26 AM »

I saw this today with DD and found it to be really (surprisingly) great. Did you know the actress was 5 months pregnant during filming?
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 04:37:57 AM »

I saw this today with DD and found it to be really (surprisingly) great. Did you know the actress was 5 months pregnant during filming?

Yes, but I also love the fact that the actress who won the part is in her 30s and a mom and not some teenage ingenue.
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 03:37:24 PM »

I'm just saying that it was a very physical role to undertake at that point in pregnancy, though I am sure that she had a body and stunt double for a great deal of the fighting/thrown though the air by explosion bits.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 04:52:12 PM »

I really enjoyed it. I generally like the DC movies but this one is just perfection.

I think they did reshoots while she was five months pregnant. Very impressive for sure but probably not as difficult as shooting the entire movie as pregnant Smiley IIRC Scarlet Johansson was also pregnant whilst shooting the second Avengers movie. I am sure there are quite a few stunt and body doubles involved.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »

yes, it wasn't the main film, just reshoots. Not that makes it any easier, of course!!

I could tell a little in some of the scenes her tummy was fuller in some scenes.
And the muscles, not just on her but some the female antagonists she had to fight. WOW!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: