Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rio Olympics  (Read 81559 times)
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2016, 04:54:14 PM »

The sound of his bone snapping. Oh it made my toes curl up and hide in my feet. It was AWFUL! Poor dude!
Thankfully when the video came up for me on FB it was muted; I've read one or two update articles on him since and made sure to have my sound off just in case there are any videos that automatically start on them. It's horrific enough just seeing it happen - I really don't want to hear the sound too. Nerves

JewDan

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2016, 04:40:45 PM »

ALY and Simone.... Lovely young ladies... ALY is the best! USA Gymnastics!
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2016, 08:54:17 PM »

Olympics: Rider Adelinde Cornelisse quits Rio 2016 after horse falls ill
Claire Corkery, CNN
Updated 6:40 AM ET, Fri August 12, 2016

A Dutch dressage rider's Olympic dream is over after her horse fell victim to an insect bite at Rio 2016.

Adelinde Cornelissen shocked fans by quitting the Games mid-test after her horse Parzival contracted a fever the day before the event. Cornelissen and Parzival, who won individual silver and team bronze together at London 2012, retired from the individual Grand Prix Wednesday after only a handful of movements. And it's likely to have been Parzival's final Olympic performance because the Dutch warmblood gelding is 19 years old.

Cornelissen took to Facebook and explained she pulled out of the Games over concern for Parzival's welfare. The day before the event, she said her horse's head was swollen and Parzival had developed a fever, the exact cause of which is still unknown. ''After double checking with the vets here they concluded he was bitten by an insect or spider or some sort of animal which produces toxics,'' the 37-year-old Cornelissen added. Parzival was given fluids and had X-Rays, swabs and blood tests taken and eventually his temperature fell.

Cornelissen said the Dutch team had asked to alter the starting positions of the team to give the horse another day to recover but the request was refused by the Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI). On the day of the event, Parzival was deemed well enough to compete by FEI vets but during the test, Cornelissen realized something was not right.''In the arena he felt totally empty and I decided not to continue. He did not deserve this,'' she continued.

''In order to protect him, I gave up ... My buddy, my friend, the horse that has given everything for me his whole life does not deserve this ... So I saluted and left the arena.''

Ref: www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/sport/dressage-rider-rio/index.html

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2016, 08:56:03 PM »

Will the horse' illness make it difficult for Parzival to return home? Will there be a quarantine in Brazil or Netherlands?

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2016, 12:57:03 AM »

Just watched an amazing Olympic moment! Monica Puig just beat Angelique Kerber for the Gold! 
First women's Gold Medal for Puerto Rico ever!!
First GOLD medal for any sport for men or women for Puerto Rico EVER!   
Fantastic match!  Fantastic moment in Olympics!  Fantastic moment for Puerto Rico!  Congratulations Monica!

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2016, 03:34:17 PM »

Congrats Monica!! Banana

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2016, 06:10:20 PM »

Will the horse' illness make it difficult for Parzival to return home? Will there be a quarantine in Brazil or Netherlands?
They wont fly him home until he's better. Because of the drug rules for the Olympics, you couldn't even give him an ' aspirin' type of medication to knock down the fever, until he was officially withdrawn. Unfortunately, at age 19, this is the last shot at the Olympics for this horse. There is most likely a quarantine when he arrives home.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2016, 07:06:31 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/...ays/ar-BBvCjX1?li=BBnb7Kz

"Ryan Lochte and at least one of his U.S. teammates were held up at gunpoint early Sunday morning, according to the swimmer?s mother. Reached by USA TODAY Sports, Ileana Lochte confirmed a report that Lochte was robbed. She said he was unharmed.

David Marsh, Lochte?s personal coach and the head women?s coach for the U.S. swim team, disputed Ileana Lochte?s comments and told USA TODAY Sports via text message that Lochte ?was not held up? and was trying to figure out exactly what happened.  Lochte could not be reached for comment.

IOC spokesman Mark Adams said reports of the American swimmer being held up at gunpoint was "absolutely not true."

Early Sunday morning, Ryan Lochte was with at least one U.S. teammate in a cab heading to meet up with Brazilian swimmer Thiago Pereira when the cab stopped to get gas, Ileana Lochte said. She said the group was held up and confronted by people who had guns and knives. Ileana Lochte said her son had his wallet taken but that was it. He notified her via text message afterward.

I find this story odd, why would his mother lie and why does the IOC deny it as not true?  I'm interested in how this is covered up or blasted into the open.   Thinking

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2016, 07:38:58 PM »

13 August 2016

Rio's main Olympic pool will be drained as part of major work to prepare for Sunday's synchronised swimming.

The larger pool in the Maria Lenk Aquatics Centre turned green on Wednesday, a day after the diving pool had also changed colour.

Officials blamed high chemical levels, and divers were unable to use the pool as work continued to change the colour.

Rio communications chief Mario Andrada said a ''more radical approach'' was being taken to prepare the water.

''One of the measures is to replace a big part of the water in the main pool,'' he added.

The larger pool is used for water polo as well as synchronised swimming.

Gustavo Nascimento, the director of venue management, said clean water from a practice pool would be transferred to the main pool.

That was necessary, he said, to ensure clear water for synchronised swimming judges and competitors, with the majority of the competition taking place under water.

The diving pool will remain in use as officials say there are no health risks to athletes.

Organisers said adding hydrogen peroxide in an effort to clean the pool had caused algae to grow.

''This is a way of cleaning swimming pools but you're not supposed to combine it with chlorine,'' said Nascimento.

Source: www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/37074145

At least one pool remained blue. So...who dumped the hydrogen peroxide in the other pools?

From Facebook:

Stephan Feck
August 12 at 4:24am ?
The moment you want to do some workout and the pool is closed😱 the whole venue smells like somebody has fart

Lastly:
The chief spokesperson for the Maria Lenk pool in Rio says they were caught off-guard by the change in colour, adding: ''Chemistry is not an exact science.''

No, no it isn't. Crazy
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:59:48 PM by PruNordstrom » Logged

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2016, 08:09:24 PM »

Florida has alligators on its golf courses.
Capybara, the world's largest rodents, have been roaming the Rio Olympic Golf Course.

How fast do they run? Do they bite?

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2016, 10:03:22 PM »

Off to watch the men's final tennis match for Gold...Andy Murray of GB versus Juan Mart?n del Potro of Argentina.
Might be a long one...Best of 5 sets. 

If Andy Murray wins, he will be the first ever to win back-to-back Gold.   Will let you know....

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2016, 02:11:44 AM »

Incredible Tennis!!!
After playing for 4 hours and 4 sets ~ a BIG Congratulations to Andy Murray of Great Britain on winning the GOLD in men?s singles tennis!   

Back-to-back Olympic Gold Medals! First man in history to take back-to-back Gold in Men's singles!  Congratulations Andy!!!   

Congratulations Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina on taking home the Silver!

Thank you gentlemen for an incredible match!

ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2016, 04:05:19 PM »

until now the only interesting moment of emotion i watched was yesterday evening when,just after women diving medal ceremony, a chinese boy kneeled in front of his silver medalled girl (who was petrified) and asked her to marry him,with a ring in a red box and a rose!!!!
everybody was laughing,she looked "Huh??!!!###",just moved her head to say yes but she was not excited at all! ahahhaha

so far, olympics are very boring, sorry to say so. they should put a bit of hunger games troubles in them,to spice them up (minus the killings!) .

ciao girls Thumb up
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2016, 11:36:02 PM »

Hahah ortensia you are right! Not much drama after the cycling/gymnastics accident.
Though at the cycling track there was a bit of a crash an hour ago or so, the women's marathon ended in chaos, and there was a split second cat fight at the finish line of the women's 10 km open water swimming: French swimmer Muller pushed Italian swimmer Bruni aside and was disqualified. It looked quite funny because they both forgot to swim on for a second after the collision. (And Bruni finished second).

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Kimothy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2016, 12:15:55 AM »

until now the only interesting moment of emotion i watched was yesterday evening when,just after women diving medal ceremony, a chinese boy kneeled in front of his silver medalled girl (who was petrified) and asked her to marry him,with a ring in a red box and a rose!!!!
everybody was laughing,she looked "Huh??!!!###",just moved her head to say yes but she was not excited at all! ahahhaha

so far, olympics are very boring, sorry to say so. they should put a bit of hunger games troubles in them,to spice them up (minus the killings!) .

ciao girls Thumb up

I thought that proposal was so cute and his "yes!" fist pump was adorable!  Yes, the Olympics have been very "blah" and, as some of us have mentioned before, we don't like the coverage we receive in the U.S.

Less than a week to go until it's over!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: