Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princely house of de Ligne  (Read 43264 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2016, 12:32:46 AM »

Princess Alix de Ligne will marry a French count, Guillaume de Dampierre this Saturday at her family's castle, Beloeil, in Belgium. 

Her mother was born in Brazil and is a Princess of Orleans-Braganza.  Alix's mother's brother married the sister of Alix's dad, the Prince de Ligne.  She is very close with her double first cousins, the Princesses of Orleans-Braganza (probably because they're practically siblings. 

Alix works for the jeweler H. Stern and lives in Rio.  Not sure what her husband to be does, but they will live in Rio after the wedding. 

I have no clue what they're saying in this video, but they're a cute couple. 

http://www.notele.be/list...-epoux-se-presentent.html
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 12:50:16 AM »

Alix de Ligne worked with Annunciata of Liechtenstein at the shoe company, Chatelles in Paris before she moved to Brazil.  She was supposed to be on the Rio-Paris flight that crashed in 2009, but at the last minute, took a different flight.  However, her double-first cousin Pedro Luiz, heir to the non-existent Brazilian monarchy was on that flight and died. 

This wedding should have good people watching.  Her grandmother was a princess of Luxembourg, and she's close to the young Lux royals and the younger Belgian royals.  I'm sure there will also be Habsburg and Orleans family members there, in addition to the always present for any royal wedding Duke and Duchess of Braganza. 
Tatyien
Banned
Banned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 01:54:18 AM »

Princess Alix de Ligne will marry a French count, Guillaume de Dampierre this Saturday at her family's castle, Beloeil, in Belgium.  

Her mother was born in Brazil and is a Princess of Orleans-Braganza.  Alix's mother's brother married the sister of Alix's dad, the Prince de Ligne.  She is very close with her double first cousins, the Princesses of Orleans-Braganza (probably because they're practically siblings.  

Alix works for the jeweler H. Stern and lives in Rio.  Not sure what her husband to be does, but they will live in Rio after the wedding.  

If I'm not mistaken, her aunty Princess Yolande de Ligne is married to Hugo Townsend. Hugo is the son of Peter Townsend who once wanted 'unsuccessfully' to marry QEII's sister Princess Margaret. Small world.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 02:15:38 AM »

Her mother was born in Brazil and is a Princess of Orleans-Braganza.  Alix's mother's brother married the sister of Alix's dad, the Prince de Ligne.  She is very close with her double first cousins, the Princesses of Orleans-Braganza (probably because they're practically siblings.  

Alix works for the jeweler H. Stern and lives in Rio.  Not sure what her husband to be does, but they will live in Rio after the wedding.  

If I'm not mistaken, her aunty Princess Yolande de Ligne is married to Hugo Townsend. Hugo is the son of Peter Townsend who once wanted 'unsuccessfully' to marry QEII's sister Princess Margaret. Small world.

I don't know if this is the same person, but there is a Yolande de Ligne who married a Habsburg. She's around 90 years old.  Are there two Yolandes? 
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 02:25:21 AM »

I don't know if this is the same person, but there is a Yolande de Ligne who married a Habsburg. She's around 90 years old.  Are there two Yolandes? 

Yes, there are two Yolandes. The one married to Hugo Townsend is the niece of Yolande Habsburg.  Smiley
Alexia
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 02:49:47 AM »

Yolande de Ligne (born 1923) is the mother of CC of Habsbourg, himself the father of Imre and father-in-law of Katie.
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 03:01:08 AM »

Very good looking couple  Smiley

Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 03:15:06 AM »

More interesting information about them here

http://translate.google.c...gpair=auto%7Cen&hl=en

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

United States United States

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 03:34:06 AM »

Very cute couple, I predict pretty babies! Champagne I'm intrigued by her engagement ring, is there any info on it?
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 03:49:27 AM »

More interesting information about them here

http://translate.google.c...gpair=auto%7Cen&hl=en

Gross....her parents are cousins.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Those Brazilian monarchists crack me up.  They're very intense and concerned about a monarchy that doesn't have a chance in hell of being reinstated (they dispute that, but ask any Brazilian about the royal family and you'll get a laugh or a reply like, "What?  We don't have a royal family."  

I can't remember where I read it, but her ring is by H. Stern, her employer.  I don't know if Guillaume designed it, or if it was designed for her by the jeweler.  

Place Royale's FB page has pictures of some of the preparations for the wedding.  That castle is beautiful, and the flowers are gorgeous. 

https://www.facebook.com/...82161/?type=3&theater
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 04:05:54 AM »

Very cute couple, I predict pretty babies! Champagne I'm intrigued by her engagement ring, is there any info on it?

A close up of the ring
https://www.facebook.com/...22161/?type=3&theater

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

United States United States

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 04:23:06 AM »

Thank you, Coya! Looks like it might be a ginormous trillion cut champagne/pink diamond? Love the Art Deco design, but it doesn't really appeal to me on closer inspection, I thought it might be an heirloom but it looks fairly modern to me. Thanks again!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 05:22:46 AM »

Thank you, Coya! Looks like it might be a ginormous trillion cut champagne/pink diamond? Love the Art Deco design, but it doesn't really appeal to me on closer inspection, I thought it might be an heirloom but it looks fairly modern to me. Thanks again!

The stones might be heirloom, but the ring itself is new. 

I personally don't care for it, but the stones are beautiful. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 06:33:23 AM »

that's quite a whopper

Olivia

Small Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »

Those Brazilian monarchists crack me up.  They're very intense and concerned about a monarchy that doesn't have a chance in hell of being reinstated (they dispute that, but ask any Brazilian about the royal family and you'll get a laugh or a reply like, "What?  We don't have a royal family."

Although I agree there's no chance in hell that the monarchy will be reinstated, the support for the royal family has been increasing after the deep political and economic crisis we're in. There have been meetings and you can see at least one Imperial flag (often more) when the people go out on the streets against the government.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: