Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princely house of de Ligne  (Read 51936 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2016, 07:06:15 PM »

Well, if this is his family tartan, why not doing it right and wear kilt?
And if its just a checkered trouser ... he could at least have color-coordinated with her.
While ... well, that would also have been difficult, with that rose-red-offwhite mix on hers, the only tartan that would have fitted is some black/red one.

Clear case of eyesore, both of them ... BUT ... in a way fitting, as 95% of the guest of that wedding had absolutely no fashion sense.

Completely agree.   Star

If he was honoring his family tradition, then he needed a kilt.  If he just wanted to give his tartan a shout out, so to speak, he could have worn a tie or cummerbund in that pattern.  These pants are obnoxious and loud.  He did fit in with the other guests.  Just like the wedding last June, this wedding is like a fashion show of the world's most unattractive clothing. 
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2016, 07:14:18 PM »

Actually, plenty of young, upper-class Scotsmen wear the tartan trousers.  It wouldn't been seen as odd in any way.  I saw very few Scots from middle or lower classes wearing them; they were much more likely to wear a kilt, it often being an 18th birthday present.  I never really understood it, as the kilt looks so much better.  That being said, tartan - personal or clan tartan - is a bit of a myth anyway and only really dates from the mid-nineteenth century.  But if you are going to wear tartan, kilt much better than these trousers, which never look good.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2016, 07:16:41 PM »

Royalement has more pictures on their FB page today:

Prince Robert, Princess Julie of Luxembourg (who appears to have taken clothes and posture lessons from Linus) and their daughter, Princess Charlotte of Nassau.

Imre's uncle Rudolf and his wife Helene (he's the older brother of Imre's dad).  Helene continues the ugly tradition of stockings with open toed shoes. Roll Eyes

The Duchess of Braganza, who never misses a wedding, and her two kids whom she probably brought so that they could find cousins to marry later on in life.  

Jean Louis de Potesta and his wife, Princess Sophie of Hohenberg who doesn't understand the concept of seasonally appropriate fabrics (velvet and patent leather in summer?   Thumb down  )

This guy and the Prince and Princess of Stolberg-Stolberg.  I suppose when you have two of the same name, but hyphenated, it means nothing more than incest.    

No clue who this hot mess is.  The two guys behind her are princes without real titles (Croy and Bavaria).  

Countess Arco-Zinneberg (in green) and Archduchess Priscilla in Clara Barton's red cross nursing cape.  Priscilla is Imre's first cousin.  Her mother was the hot mess in a photo up above (in the open toed shoes).  
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2016, 07:21:29 PM »

"Prince" Jean-Christophe Napoleon, who is kind of hot.

Theresa d'Orleans with a guy who is not her husband.  Her bathrobe looks comfy.  

"Prince" Ferdinand de Lippe and "Princess" Auguste de Bavi?re who needed a slip with this dress.  

This Baviere family is a disaster, fashion-wise.  

"Princess" Alice de Baviere.  

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:44:58 PM by pixiecat » Logged
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2016, 07:29:21 PM »

Marie-Gabrielle of Nassau (Jean of Lux's daughter) and Astrid of Liechtenstein in the crocheted dress

The couple from last year's wedding (which also had guests in the ugliest clothes on the planet) Caroline von Neipperg and Philippe Limburg-Stirum:

Theresa de Orleans-Braganza in some sort of flamenco costume:

Maria-Elizabeth of Orleans-Braganza is also wearing an unflattering dress (must have been the theme):

Another stupid looking headband, Eleonore de Orleans-Braganza:

This lady came straight from the figure skating competition:

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:45:17 PM by pixiecat » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2016, 07:36:45 PM »

Heeee, without his girlfriend: Olympia of Arco-Zinneberg??  Her mother was present........

Olympia, born in 1988, is the third of six daughters of Count Riprand of Arco-Zinneberg and Archduchess Maria Beatrix of Austria, daughter of Archduke Robert of Austria and Princess Margherita of Savoy.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2016, 07:39:22 PM »

Besides the ugly clothing, almost none of the guest wore clothing which would flatter their body types.
A lot of the female guests, as far as I have seen, wore clothing which made them look big. Most of the times bigger than they really were, I assume.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2016, 07:42:19 PM »

Heeee, without his girlfriend: Olympia of Arco-Zinneberg??  Her mother was present........

Olympia, born in 1988, is the third of six daughters of Count Riprand of Arco-Zinneberg and Archduchess Maria Beatrix of Austria, daughter of Archduke Robert of Austria and Princess Margherita of Savoy.

Those Arco girls are, um, interesting looking.  I guess they're not walking in together because they're not engaged.  I think Annunciata of Liech has done the same thing at other events when her boyfriend Lellio Orsini has been present.  It's really stupid-they're all adults.  It's actually more strange if they weren't dating someone.  I don't know if Olympia was there, but she probably was.  I hope they get engaged.  I'm sure their wedding will be filled with inbred guests who look ridiculous.   Thumb up
Royaltyfan

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2016, 07:55:35 PM »

Do you gals see what I see?  Yikes
Stephanies undies?  Nerves Nerves Nerves

I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart, I am never without it... - E.E. Cummings
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2016, 08:11:36 PM »

Yeah, I saw that too. She obviously wears some panties with a higher waist, and a flabby roll shows up at the wirstband.

__

The guest pictures are just horrorshow. Loved the lady who matched her orange shoes to nothing else she is wearing, but to her husbands tie ...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:18:02 PM by Kaiserin, Reason: Corrected a grammar mistake. Not sure if its better now or worse ... » Logged
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2016, 08:12:54 PM »

I didn't notice until now. And now I can't unsee it! So much for the Oh-so-conservative-and-modest Aristo.

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2016, 08:18:22 PM »

I don't find it tacky to wear tartan trousers.  It's his heritage, like a Bavarian in lederhosen, or Haakon in bunad or folk costume.

Tartan trousers are a modern invention like a lot of so called Scottish traditions.

You'll see them worn by some hotel staff, or staff in museums and other tourist friendly places.

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2016, 08:31:42 PM »

This lady came straight from the figure skating competition:

Is she Phoebe (Lisa Kudrow) from Friends ?

SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2016, 09:03:40 PM »

More badly-dressed people from non-reigning families:

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/?p=118295

What on earth 

I like her hat and shoes... that's all. LOL Not sure either of them actually goes with that dress, though Tongue

Another stupid looking headband, Eleonore de Orleans-Braganza:

Oh, FFS Crap

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2016, 09:34:09 PM »

what the hell is it with those short skirts/dresses. Most of them look really off. At least get a dress at knee length.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: