Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princely house of de Ligne  (Read 43263 times)
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 02:56:24 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/...37161/?type=3&theater

if that's not a look of love I don't know what is!  Thanks so much for introducing me to them  Star and all the links and pictures

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 03:05:10 PM »

A nice and in love couple so to see........

The Lignes are well connected in the European and Brazilian royalty and nobility.

I always wondered about the double De Ligne - Orleans-Branganca marriage. Did the second couple met each other through the first one, or would they have been in the same circles (and met) already?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 03:33:53 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Ligne

Notable members - connections:
- Princess Alix of Luxembourg (1929), youngest child of Grandduchess Charlotte, married Antoine, 13th prince de Ligne (1925-2005). She is the grandmother, through her eldest son Michel, 14th prince de Ligne (1951) of Alix de Ligne (1984). Yep the Alix who is going to marry coming Saturday Smiley. Through this there is a (family) link to the Luxembourg royals. Michel and his siblings are cousins of Henri and his siblings.

- Michel, 14th prince de Ligne (1951) married Princess Eleonora of Orleans-Braganca (1953) ==> parents of Alix
While Michel's sister, Christine (1955) married Eleonora's brother Antoine of Orleans Braganca (1950).
Here we have the Orleans-Braganca connection.

- Prince Antoine de Ligne (1959), younger brother of Michel, married a (distant) relative of Stephanie of Luxembourg: Jacqueline de Lannoy.

- Princess Yolande (1964), youngest child of Alix & Antoine married Hugo Townsend (1945). Hugo is the son of Peter Townsend and his 1st wife Rosemary Pawle. Peter Townsend was indeed a well described love interest of princess Margaret. Apparently George VI acted as a godfather for Hugo, and Hugo had been a monk briefly before marrying Yolande.

- Princess Yolande (1923), daughter of Eugene de Ligne, 11th prince de Ligne (1893-1960) & Philippine de Noailles, married Archduke Karl Ludwig of Austria (1918-2007). Karl Ludwig was the 5th child of last Emperor Karl I and Empress Zita. Yolande is the mother of Carl Christian of Habsburg (1954) who married princess Astrid of Luxembourg (1954) and is the father of among others Marie Christine and Imre.

- Princess Yolande (1923) and prince Antoine, 13th prince de Ligne (1925-2005) were brother and sister, both children of Eugene de Ligne, 11th prince de Ligne (1893-1960). The 12th prince de Ligne was their eldest brother Baudouin (1918-1985). Following his death in 1985 without descent, his brother Antoine succeeded him as 13th Prince of Ligne.
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 05:34:44 PM »

Thank you, Coya! Looks like it might be a ginormous trillion cut champagne/pink diamond? Love the Art Deco design, but it doesn't really appeal to me on closer inspection, I thought it might be an heirloom but it looks fairly modern to me. Thanks again!

You're welcome AddiesGirl  Hug

Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 05:36:17 PM »

Does anybody know which actual royals (no fake ones from countries that abolish monarchy) will attend?
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 06:11:00 PM »

Does anybody know which actual royals (no fake ones from countries that abolish monarchy) will attend?

Tessy had a post on her instagram page about flying to Brussels for a family wedding.  I assume that's the de Ligne wedding she's talking about.  My guess is that she and Louis will be there.  No idea about anybody else from an actual royal family.  

EDIT:  Maria-Laura of Belgium might be there.  She seems like she's friends with Alix.  Same for Annunciata and Astrid of Liechtenstein.  They're also in that circle. 
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 06:12:52 PM »

Those Brazilian monarchists crack me up.  They're very intense and concerned about a monarchy that doesn't have a chance in hell of being reinstated (they dispute that, but ask any Brazilian about the royal family and you'll get a laugh or a reply like, "What?  We don't have a royal family."

Although I agree there's no chance in hell that the monarchy will be reinstated, the support for the royal family has been increasing after the deep political and economic crisis we're in. There have been meetings and you can see at least one Imperial flag (often more) when the people go out on the streets against the government.

Really?  How interesting!  I'm curious to know if those with the imperial flag have always been monarchists, or if this has caused them to become a monarchist. 

Thanks for this info!  Star  I work at a university, and we have many people from Brazil at my school.  Whenever I meet a new Brazilian, I always ask them about the "royal" family.  I usually get weird looks and laughs. 
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 06:17:38 PM »

Hope Tessy isn't planning to wear stockings with open-toed shoes tomorrow:

https://www.instagram.com...en-by=tessy_de_luxembourg

Ugh.

Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 07:06:04 PM »

"Interesting" stockings  Crazy. Hope they get better weather than we have here at the moment. If Tessy and Louis go, I hope to see some pics. I wonder if some of the other Luxes also will attend, they should be over in Lux next week for the National day, so they might combine it
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 07:16:05 PM »

Cute couple indeed. I'm looking forward to their wedding!

I have no clue what they're saying in this video, but they're a cute couple.  

http://www.notele.be/list...-epoux-se-presentent.html

Here is a translation. All mistakes are mine : Wink

Interviewer: Alix, Guillaume, how did you two met ?
Guillaume : We had already met six or seven years ago in Belgium... But we really "met" in summer 2010 when Alix moved to Paris and I came back from a motorbike trip on the Silk Road.
Alix : We then met through friends we had in common. It was quite amusing, because, you really looked like a traveler back from faraway countries after living quite an adventure there !
I: So magic worked then ?
G: Yes, magic worked ! We took some time to really know each other well and a few months later, our love story really began.
I: We must say at this point you (Alix) are living in Brazil, not in Belgium.
A: It's true for the time being. I moved there three years ago. I lived in Belgium and also some time in Paris before. But I grew up in Belgium.
I: And what do you do for a living?
A: I work in jewelry. It has always been a passion for me. I'm currently working for Brazilian jeweller H. Stern.
I: So Guillaume, are you going to move to Brazil with her ?
G: I already did ! I moved to Brazil in November 2015. I look for work there and also learn to speak Portuguese for the last seven months.
I: When you are in Brazil or Belgium and introducing yourself as 'Princess Alice de Ligne', how do people react ?
A: Usually they smile and are quite intrigued at first. And then after chatting a bit, they see I lead a very normal life. But it's true the first reaction is being intrigued!
I Does it create a distance sometimes ?
A: It can sometimes. But I'm always happy to chat with people and explaining my family story, our country and the role my family played there. I grew up like everyone else, with friends from very different backgrounds.
I: And you want to get married here in Beloeil.
A: Yes. I always knew I wanted to marry here. This is where I grew up, in my home. And it's a place made for it ! So we are both happy to be able to have this big day here. It's always important for me to come home here, to see my family. We (Guillaume and herself) are very close, very understanding of each other. We share the same values and I think it's a very important thing for any couple, having many things in common.
G: We share the same viewpoints so there are no misunderstandings between us.
I: Which aspects attracted you in each other ?
A: For me it was Guillaume's force, his stability. Everything I wanted to find in a man.
I: And concerning Alix ? (to Guillaume)
G: (makes a gesture to Alix) Alix herself !
I: So you really found your fairytale princess ?
G: Well, I won't say we are living in a fairytale but I definitely found my Princess. (laughs)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:31:23 PM by Elissa » Logged

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 07:23:48 PM »

Thanks Elissa!   Star

Here's an article that says they've already had the civil marriage.  Her dress is designed by Belgian designer Gerald Watelet.  They're expecting 800 people tomorrow.  The procession from the church to the reception is open to the public, so hopefully we'll get pictures.

http://www.lavenir.net/cnt/dmf20160617_00842451
Olivia

Small Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2016, 07:48:41 PM »

Those Brazilian monarchists crack me up.  They're very intense and concerned about a monarchy that doesn't have a chance in hell of being reinstated (they dispute that, but ask any Brazilian about the royal family and you'll get a laugh or a reply like, "What?  We don't have a royal family."

Although I agree there's no chance in hell that the monarchy will be reinstated, the support for the royal family has been increasing after the deep political and economic crisis we're in. There have been meetings and you can see at least one Imperial flag (often more) when the people go out on the streets against the government.

Really?  How interesting!  I'm curious to know if those with the imperial flag have always been monarchists, or if this has caused them to become a monarchist. 

Thanks for this info!  Star  I work at a university, and we have many people from Brazil at my school.  Whenever I meet a new Brazilian, I always ask them about the "royal" family.  I usually get weird looks and laughs. 

The younger generations really laugh (recently Prince Rafael launched his page on Facebook and it was an outpouring of jokes and offenses https://www.facebook.com/...eOrleansBraganca/?fref=ts), but the older generations, 45+ seem to think that an Emperor would solve all of our problems. I myself don't really believe in miracles, what we need here is cultural revamping.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 03:18:18 AM »

The younger generations really laugh (recently Prince Rafael launched his page on Facebook and it was an outpouring of jokes and offenses https://www.facebook.com/...eOrleansBraganca/?fref=ts), but the older generations, 45+ seem to think that an Emperor would solve all of our problems. I myself don't really believe in miracles, what we need here is cultural revamping.

Alix has signed away her rights to the Brazilian throne, according to this article.   Roll Eyes  I'm sure this is quite the loss for her (sarcasm). 

I just find this funny that she would have to do this since the family is not reigning, and hasn't done so for over 100 years. 

http://blog_real.blogs.sa...gne-renunciou-aos-3015223
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2016, 11:59:29 AM »

Which rights to the Brazilian throne? There is no monarchy, so she can't have signed any "right" away. Sorry she might look like a nice girl but this act alone makes her disgusting, another snob who isn't realizing that her inbred family has lost all rights to a throne generations ago  Thumb down. This means she still had kept her non-existing rights and would have been happy if some fools managed to kick out a democratic government and reinstall an inbred monarch. Otherwise she would have declined any rights as soon as coming of age
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2016, 12:51:04 PM »

PlaceRoyale has a video of th bride arriving.
https://www.facebook.com/...videos/10153496207857161/

And screencaps

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: