Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward & Sophie in Canada (June 20-24)  (Read 10067 times)
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 06:51:13 PM »

Edward looks the same age as Will who is 20? years younger.
Happiness is important, people!!

That is so true!  Ed is obviously very happy with his life and looks good for his age.  Even Harry said in the BBC documentary when he and William were watching the family videos that "Ed hasn't changed a bit!".

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Chutney Flashalot

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 07:07:28 PM »

What a classy, elegant and genuine woman. Thumb up

GingerMini

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 10:04:22 PM »

Sophie is such an asset to the BRF - she is kind, engaged, appropriate, and elegant. The pictures of her with those sweet little girls melt my heart! Ed and Sophie seem content and happy in life, and I hope Charles does not cut them out in his efforts to streamline the number of working royals.
LDJJ

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 11:57:58 PM »

Sophie and Ed both look good for their age.  Sophie looks happy.  It's not a fake face pulling while in public kind of happy.  She genuinely looks at ease with the life she has and approaches her visits with enthusiasm and respect for the people there.  A vast difference from some others.
Molly2101

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 12:13:15 PM »

Sophie and Ed both look good for their age.  Sophie looks happy.  It's not a fake face pulling while in public kind of happy.  She genuinely looks at ease with the life she has and approaches her visits with enthusiasm and respect for the people there.  A vast difference from some others.

I don't think Sophie always looks so at ease with royal life but after 20 odd years experience it's no surprise she looks much more settled.  She and Edward also look much more happy together and at ease with each other.  They are quite a funny couple to watch do engagements together as they bounce off each other.  When she and Edward were saying goodbye in the video someone said "Happy Birthday Edward" so she went along with itanf said, "Happy birthday, darling" to which everyone then started singing happy birthday and she shrugged jokingly and got into her car.  Edward doesn't have to keep looking out for Sophie like Willnot does for Waity.  He knows she's capable of looking after herself with walkabouts.  Willnot needs to make sure Kate is actually making coherent sentences.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Kins

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 06:17:00 PM »

Looking at pictures of her interacting with people and appearing so genuine is so refreshing! Always bring a smile to my face  Smiley
diamond

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 10:22:20 AM »

Looking at pictures of her interacting with people and appearing so genuine is so refreshing! Always bring a smile to my face  Smiley

They both seem very happy together and Sophie seems easy in her Royal position, though I must say I did have my doubts
at the begining.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 10:42:39 AM »

I think a lot of people had their doubts about Sophie (but also Edward). As I am correct there were some mishaps.  But IMO they ended up well and at ease in their role and during engagements.

Much better than Willnot and Cannot!
ronda

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 02:37:28 PM »

They are getting stronger as a couple more assured and this is a good thing.

It is a very good thing.  They always genuinely look like they're enjoying being with each other which is always so lovely to see.  The kiss goodbye was quite surprising for them so it was nice!

Ronda - I would love to see them go to Australia because as you say, they have never toured the country together.  Edward has been several times but never with Sophie.  Perhaps they feel it's just too far away for them with their children still being young.  Canada is only one flight away, whereas Australia is at least two.  Sophie maybe feels it's too far away from their children in case anything were to happen to either child.

I LOVE the floral Erdem dress Sophie was wearing.  I wish I could find a cheap replica as I'd buy it!

Molly, I definitely understand about maybe not wanting to fly anywhere too far away
  whilst the children are still young but I must say that since Edward and Sophie were
  married   in 1999 and Louise was born in 2003, they would have had opportunities to
  visit here together well before children came along. I think together they could have
  given the BRF  a big boost in this country. Even now they could still give William and
  Kate a good run for their money in Australia and New Zealand. It is nearly 17 years
  since she became a HRH and has never visited. It is disappointing.

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 02:12:02 AM »

... and it's probably because W&K are such complete duds when they do travel anywhere, including Canada, that E&S are being sent out now.

ronda

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 02:18:40 AM »

... and it's probably because W&K are such complete duds when they do travel anywhere, including Canada, that E&S are being sent out now.

I agree. All the more reason to come to Australia and New Zealand maybe even bring the kids with them and show the other two how it's done. I am sure Edward and Sophie
would get great crowds too.

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 12:21:50 PM »

I love the red dress and short white jacket  Yes She's a classy lady and she certainly knows how to look elegant and appropriate all the time (or at least almost), so please Kate go shopping more often with Sophie  Yes I'm certain there will be no more Marylin moments during official engagements.... 

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
diamond

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2016, 03:27:02 PM »

It is a very good thing.  They always genuinely look like they're enjoying being with each other which is always so lovely to see.  The kiss goodbye was quite surprising for them so it was nice!

Ronda - I would love to see them go to Australia because as you say, they have never toured the country together.  Edward has been several times but never with Sophie.  Perhaps they feel it's just too far away for them with their children still being young.  Canada is only one flight away, whereas Australia is at least two.  Sophie maybe feels it's too far away from their children in case anything were to happen to either child.

Honestly I am begining to think that it's not so much they don't want to visit Australia and New Zealalnd, more that they are reserved for Kanot and Wilnot, the truly golden couple.

I LOVE the floral Erdem dress Sophie was wearing.  I wish I could find a cheap replica as I'd buy it!

Molly, I definitely understand about maybe not wanting to fly anywhere too far away
  whilst the children are still young but I must say that since Edward and Sophie were
  married   in 1999 and Louise was born in 2003, they would have had opportunities to
  visit here together well before children came along. I think together they could have
  given the BRF  a big boost in this country. Even now they could still give William and
  Kate a good run for their money in Australia and New Zealand. It is nearly 17 years

Molly2101

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2016, 09:18:58 PM »

Maybe Sophie just doesn't want to go?

Sophie did live there for a while before she met Edward so she is familiar with it, so it is odd that she hasn't chosen to go to Australia.  I still think it's down to it being too far away to be from their children.  Perhaps they will bring the children on holiday there and do some engagements at the same time.  They did it last year when they took the kids on safari to South Africa - they brought them to one of Sophie's patronages which was lovely.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: