Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somme Events 30th June & 1 July 2016  (Read 20421 times)
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2016, 05:18:50 PM »

Camilla's face...she is not impressed.  Halo

Great shot! Camilla looked her up and down. Yeah, we think it's ugly too!
 ah Camilla I suddenly love ya!  what a look and would it have hurt either one of them to acknowledge her?  Is there a longer video, how did Harry pass her, did he cut her cold too?  

JMO there are some serious issues behind palace doors, talk about dysfunction  Yikes

Star  that gif deserves a basket of stars   Thumb up

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2016, 09:16:56 PM »

Camilla's face...she is not impressed.  Halo

Great shot! Camilla looked her up and down. Yeah, we think it's ugly too!
 ah Camilla I suddenly love ya!  what a look and would it have hurt either one of them to acknowledge her?  Is there a longer video, how did Harry pass her, did he cut her cold too?  

JMO there are some serious issues behind palace doors, talk about dysfunction  Yikes

Star  that gif deserves a basket of stars   Thumb up

That's amazing!  Nicely done, Cam! 

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2016, 12:05:48 AM »

Lady Adelaide  Star for the gif!!

I can only imagine Camilla is thinking "what the hell is she wearing?" 

The other noticeable thing was her horrible posture as she slinks by.  Her sigil should be a turtle poking it's head out of it's shell because that's what she looks like.
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2016, 03:25:54 PM »

I can't stand Cams, but I love her for this. Just beautiful.

And it gives a glimpse as to what they all think behind palace doors.

esther angeline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2016, 04:41:57 PM »

Yep, Cams cut Waity to the bone with that look.  Team Cams 1.       Team Waity 0
periwinkle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2016, 05:00:38 PM »

I love Camilla because she has accepted her fate and plays the role that is required by being married to the heir. That and she doesn't tolerate bull crap. Kate is just a silly showpiece.
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2016, 05:31:02 PM »

What really gets me about that gif is that Camilla looks her up and down coming and going.  And the look on her face is not approving.  I would love to be a fly on the wall if Camilla and Anne could corner Kate one day and give her the facts of life.  But unfortunately she's protected by the Whiny One.
Sanguine

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2016, 06:52:03 PM »

Just had to share my love for that gif!  How rude of Waity and Whiney to just ignore Camilla, and Camilla's disapproving once-over of Waity was priceless!  Jumping
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2016, 09:20:56 PM »

Greeting the in-laws

Are hairnets a thing now?  Blink

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2016, 09:44:10 PM »

Hairnet may well be a good precaution if they are out of doors in a place where it's likely to be very windy. There's only so much you can do with hairpins and hairspray.

To get back to the event itself. I think this is an event of WWI about which I had very little knowledge. Was absolutely floored to hear of the enormous loss of life on both sides. And given that in those days, many of the army units were comprised of men drawn from the same village, some of those towns must have been utterly devastated and lost almost all their males of military age. That's just unimaginable. What a tragedy for all! No wonder they are having this solemn commemoration.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2016, 11:46:13 PM »

Hairnet may well be a good precaution if they are out of doors in a place where it's likely to be very windy. There's only so much you can do with hairpins and hairspray.

To get back to the event itself. I think this is an event of WWI about which I had very little knowledge. Was absolutely floored to hear of the enormous loss of life on both sides. And given that in those days, many of the army units were comprised of men drawn from the same village, some of those towns must have been utterly devastated and lost almost all their males of military age. That's just unimaginable. What a tragedy for all! No wonder they are having this solemn commemoration.

The woman who is famous for her Marilyn moments wears a hairnet as precaution just because it's a windy day? I believe that when she starts speaking in perfect french about Faberge eggs. I think it's rather a precaution to keep the updo wiglet in place to not let the sugars be able to work out that her magically fuller hair after the engagement is as fake as the fairy tale love story.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
esther angeline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2016, 12:12:56 AM »

Bumbershoot, in just about every village in the UK, you will find WWI memorials listing the lost.  There are no adequate words to express your thoughts when seeing that roll call.
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2016, 12:17:24 AM »

The woman who is famous for her Marilyn moments wears a hairnet as precaution just because it's a windy day? I believe that when she starts speaking in perfect french about Faberge eggs. I think it's rather a precaution to keep the updo wiglet in place to not let the sugars be able to work out that her magically fuller hair after the engagement is as fake as the fairy tale love story.

Suzy  Star  That's what I think too.  It's a bit too full if you ask me.  Especially when compared to the next day.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2016, 08:28:26 AM »

Entire villages in the UK lost almost of their men in that age-group. The Accrington Pals for instance 700 went into combat on the 1st July of whom 235 were killed and 350 injured within 30 minutes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accrington_Pals

But not only in the UK - Newfoundland was also devastated by the attacks on that day at Beaumont-Hamel with 700 killed or wounded.

The Battle of the Somme and the Brusolov Offensive in the east were necessary however as France was close to breaking point at Verdun and had France broken there then the Germans would have been able to win the war in 1916. The Somme and Brusolov offensives achieved their goals in splitting the Germans away from Verdun and thus the lines held but the human cos?t was enormous.

In hindsight is it worth asking - was it worth it? What would have been the consequences for Europe if the Germans had won in 1916?

Of course 'what if' questions can be futile but sometimes they are worth considering.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2016, 05:40:12 PM »

Interesting question, luvcharles, I asked myself the same everytime I got to know more specific and sad details on battles in both WW I and WW II.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to say, just because of all the hindsight we have now.

You could start by "if the Germans had won 1916 already, there would not have been a necessity for the US to join the war". Would definitely have saved lives. War might have been ended by Dec 1916 - dto, more live saving. No treaty of Versailles - maybe no foundation of nazi party, maybe no WW II. Even more lives.
BUT: if the Entente would have lost, it could just have been the other way round and WW II might have happened anyhow, just because the Allies would then have had a reason to go against a still very powerful Germany later.
Or against Russia - because who knows what would have happened if the Russian revolution has not taken place?
We'll never know.

What makes me sad is that obviously, all the cruel wars we had within the last 120 years have not brought the governments to senses: they still think that if arguments fail, weapons will help.
Plus I hate the new so-called "clean war" - drone bombings. Because in war, innocent people die. And they are still dead even if you call them "collateral damage" only nowadays.

That is why I find it important to keep the memories alive, to do such commemorations. We should never forget that whatever nations' soldiers, they were ready to get killed for their country, to get killed for what their goverments wanted them to fight for. Some fought because they were convinced, others fought because they had no choice, but all of them had family and friends.

ETA: to get back on topic, just because those events are somber events, its even more important to send representatives who know how to behave and who understand (and with that, I mean the historical context) what this is all about.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: