Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martha Louise and Ari to separate  (Read 23466 times)
Royal Di

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 10:01:52 PM »

The King and Queen of Norway issued this statement regarding the separation:
  "There are many who are affected when a marriage ends. It is painful and sad - also for us who are close to the couple. We are fond of Ari and we are grateful for all that we as a family have experienced together. We wish to maintain a good relationship with Ari going forward."

Here is part of the touching and sincere statement that Princess Martha Louise released:
  "Life does not always go smoothly ... We are ending our marriage but remain together in parenthood.  It is unspeakably sad for both of us to discover that the road ahead does not come together in the way that it used to. We have, as so many, grown apart from one another, to places where we no longer connect as we did before. It is terrible to experience that there is nothing more we can do. We have tried everything for a long period of time and yet we still can not be where we were before, making it impossible for us to continue.  We feel guilty because we are no longer able to create the shared safe harbor that our children deserve. But we hope and believe that we will manage to hold on to friendship through whatever lies ahead ..."

To be honest, my thoughts turned to Haakon and Mette-Marit, who have not release a statement at this time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:43:57 PM by Royal Di » Logged
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 10:04:37 PM »

Well, this kinda cuts off this escape route for Haakon...

(sorry for the kids involved - let's hope it's a friendly parting)

My first thought too Whistle

I'm not really surprised. I feel Ari is a bit of a wild soul and it has probably been hard for him being tied in a relationship for so long. Not because he hasn't loved ML or the children but simply because of who he is. I also think him being that way was part of the attraction but in the long run I'm sure it's very difficult to live with.
Curtains

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 10:20:08 PM »

Well, this kinda cuts off this escape route for Haakon...

(sorry for the kids involved - let's hope it's a friendly parting)

I wonder though....if ML withdraws from public life completely, then yes, it's over for Haakon, no escape.  If ML steps back in more and they become an example of a dignified divorce, then I think it might actually smooth the way for Haakon to pull open the reserve chute and get out of that den of fake.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 10:23:47 PM »

Curtains, I completely agree. I hope they will get through this in the most painless way for everyone involved.

AddiesGirl

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 10:26:55 PM »

Aw, I'm so sad to read this, I loved these two goofballs together! I hope ML doesn't withdraw, I'd miss her. She's the only interesting adult female in this family IMO. Wish them all peace and happiness, hope the girls adjust well.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 10:35:21 PM »

That is a very dignified statement from ML

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Turquoise for December

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »

I hope they have a drama-free divorce a la Joachim & Alexandra.

I did not know about the kissing. Thanks Elissa.

It happened in 2009

https://www.nrk.no/kultur...rovoserer-igjen-1.6443703

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 11:43:11 PM »

Wow.. tonight on a kind of shownews they said we had to check their website to hear which princess was going to divoce after 13 -14 years of marriage. I have checked it and was surprised it was Martha Louise. Totally unexpected to me
Cecilia

Big Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2016, 01:04:43 AM »

This Swedish royal reporter, Jenny Alexandersson on Aftonbladet, says M?rta Louise and Ari lived in an open relationship. I dont know if that is the term used in English, it is used in Swedish and means the couples can have other lovers on the side. Jenny Alexandersson said Ari himself said this after a scandal 2015 when he was being photographed with his head between the breasts of a wellknown bloggerwoman at a party.
Edit: the pictures of the event with the blogger
http://stoppapressarna.se...-som-chockar-norska-hovet

I have never followed this couple and wonder of anyone know if this is true what the reporter says. To me it sounds more scandalous with having an open relationship than getting a divorce, if you are married to a princess...
Link: http://www.aftonbladet.se...yheter/article23287576.ab
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 01:10:51 AM by Cecilia » Logged
Royal Di

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2016, 02:28:12 AM »

This Swedish royal reporter, Jenny Alexandersson on Aftonbladet, says Marta Louise and Ari lived in an open relationship. I dont know if that is the term used in English, it is used in Swedish and means the couples can have other lovers on the side. Jenny Alexandersson said Ari himself said this after a scandal in 2015 when he was being photographed with his head between the breasts of a well known bloggerwoman at a party.
The pictures of the event with the blogger:  http://stoppapressarna.se...-som-chockar-norska-hovet

I have never followed this couple and wonder if anyone knows if this is true what the reporter says. To me it sounds more scandalous with having an open relationship than getting a divorce, if you are married to a princess... 
Link: http://www.aftonbladet.se...yheter/article23287576.ab 

Both articles seem to indicate that Ari and Martha Louise defined an open relationship as one where you can hang out and flirt with members of the opposite sex.  Ari was quoted as saying "there is an openness and trust in our relationship.  We are allowed to flirt with others, so in that respect, we are very free."  No mention of having lovers, but who knows.

Regarding the photo booth pictures with Ari's face buried in someone's breasts, the woman has said that her husband was also in one of the photos.  Her husband, a comedian, and Ari are friends from way back, says Blog Queen Marna Haugen Buroe, "so it was just humor."  The pictures were taken in a photo vending machine at a celebrity party and the blogger posted them the next day, perhaps to Ari's surprise. Marna was soon interviewed by Norwegian TV2 about the scandalous photos, where she explained it was just a joke.  Still, I can't imagine that Martha Louise found it very funny.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2016, 03:53:48 AM »

The usual definition of "open relationship" means that each partner has sex with others.  I've never heard it stopping at flirting. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they're swingers.   
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2016, 04:07:47 AM »

Wow.

I agree, the door just slammed for Haakon. Poor guy.

coolmum
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Singapore Singapore

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2016, 04:34:01 AM »

Very sad to hear this but wish they have a peaceful separation and still be good parents for their daughters.

I was wondering all these talks about MM's scandals, she had been unfaithful to Haakon, maybe it was untrue. Could it be there were troubles in Ml's marriage but not Haakon and both of them were the scapegoats. I remembered Harald and Sonja went over to London and spent some time with ML and later her whole family shifted back to Norway. We were all speculating of troubles in Haakon's marriage but we did not foresee it was ML's.

I still don't believe MM was unfaithful to Haakon. Yes, she was lazy and messy sometimes but if she was not a good person, then why did Vic choose her to be Oscar's godmother. Vic has always been very close to Haakon.

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2016, 06:53:33 AM »

I still don't believe MM was unfaithful to Haakon. Yes, she was lazy and messy sometimes but if she was not a good person, then why did Vic choose her to be Oscar's godmother. Vic has always been very close to Haakon.
Precisely because Vic is close to Haakon. Vic has to show some respect to Haakon.
Vic needed a royal and a woman to be a godparent - preferably someone close to her. She chose MM for the same reason she chose Mary for Estelle. Mary as godparent to a royal heir was unimaginable for us, but Vic needed a royal and a woman to fill the spot. It's natural to choose someone close to her family.
All because Scandinavian royal christenings require 5-6 godparents. Sometimes they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to fill the roles.
griet

Small Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2016, 08:08:31 AM »

I have never liked Ari at all, he always gave me creeps... And the open relationship thing just makes me dislike him more  ML well... With her talking with angels, I think she is just nuts. Sorry guys but I don't feel sorry for this couple at all! Secret
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: