Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martha Louise and Ari to separate  (Read 36046 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2016, 12:09:38 PM »

Having an "open relationship" can have a different meaning though in Norwegian though. It doesn't sound to me like he's talking about them being (essentially) swingers. It sounds to me like he's talking about them being able to talk about anything, them having complete openness between them.
Also stopppressarna is notorious for printing sh*t stories. If you believe them, Madde and Chris are halfway divorced- even though Madde is expecting baby #3 too Crazy

ETA:
? Det finns en ?ppenhet och respekt i v?rt f?rh?llande. Vi f?r lov att fl?rta med andra, i det avseendet ?r vi mycket fria, sa han till tidningen VG.

He doesn't say "open relationship" at all! He says:
"There's an openess and respect in our relationship. We are allowed to flirt with others, in that regard we are very free", he said to the paper VG.

So: being able to flirt isn't the same as saying you have an open relationship. Also this is from a Swedish paper (Aftonbladet) who no doubt have no reason to not go as scandalous as they can Beer
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:16:40 PM by Maria » Logged
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2016, 12:43:19 PM »

Wow, I'm very surprised as these two seemed so close to each other and so similar to make a perfect match.

I think the meaning of Ari's comments were that they trust each other enough to allow them to go out with others etc.

In regards to Haakon this could work for the better, ML could start accompanying her bother on official duties meaning MM can retire away and she and H can live separate lives. (If you believe there is trouble in that marriage - maybe actually all the rumours of marriage trouble haven't been as off the mark, maybe they were just about the wrong couple)
Eline

Baby Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2016, 01:38:57 PM »

Wow.

I agree, the door just slammed for Haakon. Poor guy.
This divorce does not surprise me. I have heard roumours about Ari
cheating for many years. ML has also said in an interview living with Ari was difficult some years ago.

What surprise me is ML and Ari got divorced before H and MM. I thought they would divorce first. To me their problems seems much bigger than ML and Aris.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2016, 04:25:12 PM »

I have never liked Ari at all, he always gave me creeps... And the open relationship thing just makes me dislike him more  ML well... With her talking with angels, I think she is just nuts. Sorry guys but I don't feel sorry for this couple at all! Secret

Nor do I.  I feel sorry for their children, but not for them. 

He always seemed sleazy to me, and she always seemed flaky. 
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2016, 04:28:38 PM »

I honestly thought H&MM would divorce before ML&A did but on the other hand, I see ML as much more capable of ending a relationship that isn't working so both can be move on and be happy than I think Haakon would be.

I also feel pretty sure that ML will handle this very gracefully. She may be somewhat bonkers but she also seems like a pretty decent person. Ari always came across as rather slimy, though.

ETA: I think, like Laprincess does, that this might make a precedent for Haakon instead of this shutting the door for him.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 04:56:38 PM by Harley » Logged

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2016, 04:44:01 PM »

Could someone fill me in the logic of this shutting the door for Haakon? I'm thinking the opposite: This makes a precedent for him.
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2016, 04:49:17 PM »

Its like Fred/Mary and Joachim/Alexandra

Fred will not be allowed to divorce like Joachim did with Alexandra because he is the heir. Haakon is the heir whereas Martha Louise is not, she has the freedom Haakon will not have, he will not be allowed to divorce Mette-Marit because they need a successful marriage.
Papillon

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2016, 08:33:05 PM »

IMO Ari Behn is bi-sexual. Just how does that work in reality? Is he really into men but he wanted to score a famous royal lady and have a family? Or is he attracted to both genders? He must have appreciated her a lot. However, did he did fake the fairytale romance where she was genuinely in love? I just have a hard time figuring out how a man like this works. Either you love the person you marry or you don't.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2016, 08:46:31 PM »

Can't really speak to Ari's sexuality but I can say that sometimes men who are filled with internalized homophobia will go ahead and marry a woman despite their strong same-sex attraction. In some situations that may work out but in others, it's a world of hurt for everyone.
ann

Mini Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2016, 08:55:28 PM »

I am not really surprised by the divorce - I believe Ari once has spoken about being bi-polar. Which is a very difficult disorder for a spouse to deal with over time. Martha Louise seems like a very kind but also emotionel and frail person and it must have torn on her living with a very unstable man. I hope the family will deal with the situation and get help.   
Papillon

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2016, 09:03:27 PM »

Thank you, bumbershoot and ann, for your comments which make a lot of sense. I have lived in Norway and I once went to a book launch by him. He was a little flirtatious, and it might very well have been just to sell his book. Also when I have seen pictures of him, I very much got a homo vibe. Poor ML, I hope she'll find a great man after this.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2016, 09:13:14 PM »

IMO Ari Behn is bi-sexual. Just how does that work in reality? Is he really into men but he wanted to score a famous royal lady and have a family? Or is he attracted to both genders? He must have appreciated her a lot. However, did he did fake the fairytale romance where she was genuinely in love? I just have a hard time figuring out how a man like this works. Either you love the person you marry or you don't.

As someone who is speaking from experience, I can tell you that it works this way: Bisexuality means that you are attracted to both genders. Instead of being able to fall for and/or be attracted to just one gender, you are attracted to both. It can vary from person to person whether you are mostly attracted to men, women or equally much to both genders.

I don't know where Ari is in all of this but if he's a bisexual male, there's nothing that suggests that he can't have been genuinely in love with and sexually attracted to ML. Bisexuality isn't like heterosexuality or homosexuality where you are only attracted to one gender. It's a third, separate option; one that I'd wish was more universally respected and understood.

Again, I don't know how Ari is wired sexually and romantically. But why wouldn't he have been in love with the woman he was married to for 14 years and got three daughters with? Even if she is a princess.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:03:24 PM by Harley » Logged

ann

Mini Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2016, 09:13:36 PM »

I have gotten the same vibes, Papillon. It is always sad when a family breaks up. I find Martha Louise?s press-release very touching and honest. You can feel her pain.
Papillon

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2016, 09:27:37 PM »

I don't know. He obviously hit on a guy in a bar in Oslo just before his wedding.
It was his mother that brought them together. Ari said that ML was Norway's most sexy woman. Maybe it was true love. Hard to tell.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 09:34:04 PM by Papillon » Logged
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2016, 09:57:14 PM »

Lots of people are bisexual and lots of those people manage longtime relationships just fine. Perhaps you should research the topic a bit before making such assumptions as those you make here, as it reflects poorly on the board and will no doubt read quite hurtful if you are a bisexual reading this. Cheating has little to do with sexuality either; plenty of heterosexual people cheat on their partner and get divorced because of it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: