Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martha Louise and Ari to separate  (Read 36044 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2016, 10:01:12 PM »

I still don't believe MM was unfaithful to Haakon. Yes, she was lazy and messy sometimes but if she was not a good person, then why did Vic choose her to be Oscar's godmother. Vic has always been very close to Haakon.
Precisely because Vic is close to Haakon. Vic has to show some respect to Haakon.
Vic needed a royal and a woman to be a godparent - preferably someone close to her. She chose MM for the same reason she chose Mary for Estelle. Mary as godparent to a royal heir was unimaginable for us, but Vic needed a royal and a woman to fill the spot. It's natural to choose someone close to her family.
All because Scandinavian royal christenings require 5-6 godparents. Sometimes they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to fill the roles.

Victoria is good friends with MM. They have done quite a few events together and always look happy to see each other. I think she might actually be tighter with MM than Haakon at this point.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2016, 10:17:00 PM »

IMO Ari Behn is bi-sexual. Just how does that work in reality? Is he really into men but he wanted to score a famous royal lady and have a family? Or is he attracted to both genders? He must have appreciated her a lot. However, did he did fake the fairytale romance where she was genuinely in love? I just have a hard time figuring out how a man like this works. Either you love the person you marry or you don't.

As someone who is speaking from experience, I can tell you that it works this way: Bisexuality means that you are attracted to both genders. Instead of being able to fall for and/or be attracted to just one gender, you are attracted to both. It can vary from person to person whether you are mostly attracted to men, women or equally much to both genders.

I don't know where Ari is in all of this but if he's a bisexual male, there's nothing that suggests that he can't have been genuinely in love with and sexually attracted to ML. Bisexuality isn't like heterosexuality or homosexuality where you are only attracted to one gender. It's a third, separate option; one that I'd wish was more universally respected and understood.

Again, I don't know how Ari is wired sexually and romantically. But why wouldn't he have been in love with the woman he was married to for 14 years and got three daughters with? Even if she is a princess.

I think of it like this-just because a woman is attracted to a man doesn't mean that she's attracted to every single man she sees.  A woman is attracted to the person, not the gender itself.  If he's bisexual, Ari, like everybody else, isn't attracted to literally every person on the planet.  My god, that would be exhausting. 

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2016, 10:27:43 PM »

Maria and Pix:  Star

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2016, 10:37:44 PM »

Maria and Pix:  Star

Harley, my dear friend  Hug Star
Jonathan

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2016, 10:51:11 PM »

IMO Ari Behn is bi-sexual. Just how does that work in reality? Is he really into men but he wanted to score a famous royal lady and have a family? Or is he attracted to both genders? He must have appreciated her a lot. However, did he did fake the fairytale romance where she was genuinely in love? I just have a hard time figuring out how a man like this works. Either you love the person you marry or you don't.

As someone who is speaking from experience, I can tell you that it works this way: Bisexuality means that you are attracted to both genders. Instead of being able to fall for and/or be attracted to just one gender, you are attracted to both. It can vary from person to person whether you are mostly attracted to men, women or equally much to both genders.

I don't know where Ari is in all of this but if he's a bisexual male, there's nothing that suggests that he can't have been genuinely in love with and sexually attracted to ML. Bisexuality isn't like heterosexuality or homosexuality where you are only attracted to one gender. It's a third, separate option; one that I'd wish was more universally respected and understood.

Again, I don't know how Ari is wired sexually and romantically. But why wouldn't he have been in love with the woman he was married to for 14 years and got three daughters with? Even if she is a princess.

I think of it like this-just because a woman is attracted to a man doesn't mean that she's attracted to every single man she sees.  A woman is attracted to the person, not the gender itself.  If he's bisexual, Ari, like everybody else, isn't attracted to literally every person on the planet.  My god, that would be exhausting. 

Star Spot on sweet one

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2016, 11:01:38 PM »

Can't really speak to Ari's sexuality but I can say that sometimes men who are filled with internalized homophobia will go ahead and marry a woman despite their strong same-sex attraction. In some situations that may work out but in others, it's a world of hurt for everyone.

Homophobia isn't a big issue in Scandinavia at this point so I seriously doubt that's an issue here Blink
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2016, 11:03:44 PM »

Star Spot on sweet one

Hug Star
ann

Mini Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2016, 09:35:48 AM »

"Lots of people are bisexual and lots of those people manage longtime relationships just fine. Perhaps you should research the topic a bit before making such assumptions as those you make here, as it reflects poorly on the board and will no doubt read quite hurtful if you are a bisexual reading this. Cheating has little to do with sexuality either; plenty of heterosexual people cheat on their partner and get divorced because of it."

I totally agree, Maria. I have gotten gay-vibes from looking at pictures of Ari - but so what ? I don?t find being gay or bisexual offending or scandalous in any shape or form. Just to put the record straight :0)   
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2016, 10:17:11 AM »

Wasn't there a scandal a few years ago that he was seen being close with another woman? I'm not saying he isn't bisexual but there's not really any evidence to suggest that.
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2016, 12:06:44 PM »

Confirmation from the court

http://www.kongehuset.no/...?tid=137276&sek=26939
Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn decided to go apart. They will have shared custody of their three children.

The princess will dwell in Lommedalen. The princess also retains the family estate "Bloksbjerg" on Hank?. Both properties are her separate property. Ari Behn will settle in children's Neighborhood.
Yikes I stay away from RD for 5 minutes and this is the news greeting me ! 

Well, I wasn't expecting it but I don't follow much this couple, I hope for the sake of the children they'll stay in good terms.  Cool

All I remember Ari for is his pathetic stunt of playing the homeless penniless man a few years ago.  Roll Eyes

Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2016, 04:16:23 AM »

That is really sad. I thought they were happy as quirky free spirits together. I doubt ML wants to be more back in the royal fold so I too see it as a door slamming for Haakon.
waterbuck

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2016, 10:06:22 AM »

I haven't really given their marriage much thought the past years, but at the time of the wedding, I thought M?rtha made a lunatic decision marrying this guy.  Thumb down

According to the press, there has been a few hints of this coming.

Ari left before the photoshoot in Trondheim, on Harald and Sonja's 25 year jubilee:

On the day before the announcement, Ari posted a painting and the text "let go" on his Instagram

I get the impression that most Norwegians could not care less about their divorce. Maybe a disappointment for the attention-seeking Ari? I guess we should get out our for tell- all interviews, rumors on new partners, etc.
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2016, 08:49:53 PM »

He's like the Jaime Marichalar of this family - a bit too bohemian.  I think Martha is spiritual but maybe not as free of a spirit as Ari.  Honestly, Ari and Mette-Marit would probably make a better fit.  They both seem to want to be flower children of the '60s.
periwinkle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2016, 09:17:41 PM »

I know this is catty but considering how pretty Martha Louise is and objectively how handsome Ari is it is surprising that their girls are plain looking. Perhaps they will blossom later. I think Ari and MM together would be no bueno you need one straight partner for every boho partner to keep the balance. Martha Louise seems smart and genuinely lovely so she should have no problem finding a good partner when she is ready and if she is ready not that she has to get married again.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2016, 09:32:38 PM »

I always thought that Ari looked a LOT like Derf and while I find neither attractive, I actually think Ari might be aging better of the two. Martha Louise is someone who, IMO, seems to get more beautiful as she ages, somehow.

In any case, I hope they both find happiness again.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: