Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moments that make you go awwwwwwww....  (Read 2587 times)
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2016, 09:51:26 PM »

Jumping  

So we can separate the cute from the ewww

Here's a couple from today:

-  The Serbian rowers that capsized

http://nos.nl/video/21235...-door-onrustig-water.html

-  Hoang Xuan Vinh winning the first ever gold medal for Viet Nam (men's 10 m air pistol).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:14:03 PM by Pomme » Logged

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 12:51:55 PM »

I was "awwwww" during two moments during the opening ceremony:

- The big cheer and the standing ovation the crowd gave to the refugees team. Awesome welcoming to the Olympics!
- When Guga Kuerten started crying while carrying the Olympic torch into the stadium. He looked so happy and proud, and overwhelmed by the moment.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 01:55:17 PM »

You're right!

The ROT is worth a million cheers and awwwws!
And since I slept through the flame bit - and was reminded about the marathon where de Lima was basically dragged from his gold medal by that drunken eedjut...

Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 09:12:21 AM »

Here's one that made us not so much go awww as OMFG AAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT'S THE END OF HER!!!!

Dutch cyclist Annemiek van Vleuten was on a no fail gold medal course in the last descent of the women's road race - only followed by Mara Abbott (USA) who does not like downhill on a bike at all, and is a lot slower. Van Vleuten took an unnecessary risk by going all out, she lost control in a turn, tried to stabilize her bike by braking like mad, and just flew off it, with her back right on a high stone kerb. Yep - looked dead alright. A pursuing group of 3 follows 40 seconds later and these girls race like NQM to an exclusive Prada sale. With only a km or so still to go the distance between a golden Abbott and the 3 seems too big to overcome, but Abbott seems to deflate on the spot and totally loses her pace (and speed), she's overtaken by the three maybe 300 metres before the finish and the other Dutch girl Anna vd Breggen in that group races for her dear afterlife and beyond, and winning by a bike's length. I doubt I and the Pomster have ever screamed that hard at a television. Van Vleuten is in hospital with a severe concussion and some minor damage to her spine, but she'll be fine. She is utterly disappointed, but happy for Anna. 

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 10:28:39 AM »

Her fall was horrible, as the french gymnast last Saturday. But it was meant to be a Dutch to win that gold, also super happy that Ana took it!

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Topaz for November

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 04:37:18 PM »

-  Hoang Xuan Vinh winning the first ever gold medal for Viet Nam (men's 10 m air pistol).

Thumb up A long-awaited and well-deserved medal ! He had tears of joy in the eyes during the medal ceremony.

Annemiek van Vleuten herself tweeted reassuring news today with a smiling face in spite of some scratches  Hug We all screamed here watching her fall, so brutal, so it's good to see shes going to be fine.
https://twitter.com/AvVle...status/762992458288488448

Tomato

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 10:00:41 PM »

I keep going awwwwwwww over the cute pics of Phelp's little one.

I am so glad that both Anna and Italian cyclist Vincenzo Nibali are ok. Vincenzo will look like a football player for awhile, in braces for both his broken collar bones. But both cyclists took crazy awful spills. Glad they are going to be ok. I was scared to death for Anna but I was thrilled when I heard she was awake and aware.

To-may-to, to-mah-to.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 07:54:07 PM »

SI WIRE
Friday August 12th, 2016

South Africa captured the bronze medal in the rugby sevens in Rio with a 54?14 victory over Japan on Thursday, but the team was missing a player at the podium.

Seabelo Senatla, one of the nation?s key players, went down with an injured wrist in Wednesday?s 22?5 quarterfinal victory over Australia and was unable to compete in the next two matches. After South Africa was able to overcome the loss of Senatla to finish third in the sevens, one of his teammates, Francois Hougaard, decided he would part with his medal and give it to him.

''I gave Sea my medal before I left as I believe he deserves it more,'' Hougaard wrote on Twitter. ''The medal is really special to me but he deserves it.''

www.si.com/olympics/2016/08/12/south-african-rugby-sevens-player-bronze-medal-injured-teammate-rio?xid=si_social

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 06:21:53 AM »

delete

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: