Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WAX and Max coming to Perth, Western Australia  (Read 9839 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 03:18:42 AM »

Great coverage in The Australian - referred to the crowds yelling out "We Love Max"!

So, what you're saying is that despite the long lecture on Australian history curriculum, people DO actually know who these two are.  

Give me the Dutch King and Queen over those boring and (despite what is claimed here) unimportant Brits any day.  I'm glad they're being received warmly. Thumb up

Some people obviously know who they are. There are a lot of school kids there - probably bussed in and having had a few lessons on who they are the lead up to the excursion. If I was taking kids to see someone then I would do that and the crowds are largely kids - that I have seen - and it is a school day in WA.

Having some people know who they are doesn't mean that the majority do.

Sorry you didn't appreciate the outline of the Aussie curriculum but I was trying to show why many Aussies wouldn't have any interest or knowledge about The Netherlands - either as a country or its monarchy.

The outline read as a lecture. 

The Aussie media sure is working hard to keep this visit in the news, as evidenced by the links that have been posted here. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Missynat

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 08:00:59 AM »

Maxima is just a delight to me. She seems like a lot of fun and very naturally warm and regal a good combo for a queen. Wouldn't it be fun to have a glass of wine with her or be in book club together? She and Letizia are the classiest but in very different ways. Hard not to respect them.

I agree with you!  Of all the royal ladies, she would be the one that I would like to meet.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2016, 08:05:51 AM »

Max has the good fortune to have a great figure. She clearly doesn't starve to fit her clothes.
Missynat

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2016, 09:15:42 AM »

Max has the good fortune to have a great figure. She clearly doesn't starve to fit her clothes.

Agree.  She looks healthy and happy.  Max is confident and you can see that.  Mosh on the other hand, is pretending to be someone she is not.

Day 3:  Dutch King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima visited the War Memorial in Canberra, Australia.

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2016, 09:18:35 AM »

They visited Australia's National Archives in Canberra and met with Dutch migrants who have made such a contribution to Australian life. Gee it's good seeing royals here who are intelligent and engaged!

http://www.canberratimes....ours-20161102-gsgcya.html
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 11:30:39 AM »

They visited Australia's National Archives in Canberra and met with Dutch migrants who have made such a contribution to Australian life. Gee it's good seeing royals here who are intelligent and engaged!

Such a sweet picture in that article:
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2016, 04:28:28 PM »

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 05:36:30 PM »

Such a sweet picture in that article:

I'm such a Max sugar.  She's intelligent, has more charisma than several of her fellow royals combined, maintains a healthy figure without starving herself, and seems to genuinely care about people.  What a breath of fresh air she is. 

Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2016, 11:53:12 PM »

Wasn't the skirt part of a dress? It was much better than this mismatched top and skirt  Crazy

Caras

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2016, 12:00:34 AM »

Who cares for the dress ... have you seen the PENDANT of her necklace  ?
Max knows how to play with the Dutch vault, and she wears the big guns with aplomb.

Then again, the green & blue part of the dress is OK, the brown cummerbund is the problem, especially in the pics on the stairs, as the brown is almost exavtly the color of the stairs, which looks weird,
Imagine the cummerbund in copper color ... perfect.
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2016, 12:33:56 AM »

the evening dress is very Maxi
but i have to admit she never worn something as horrible as this one

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2016, 01:47:01 AM »

Only Maxima could pull off that disaster of a dress/skirt/whatever. 

These colors should have worked well together, but the shine and texture between the skirt and cummerbund/belt and top vary too much and it looks weird. 

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2016, 02:06:49 AM »

Who cares for the dress ... have you seen the PENDANT of her necklace  ?
Max knows how to play with the Dutch vault, and she wears the big guns with aplomb.

Then again, the green & blue part of the dress is OK, the brown cummerbund is the problem, especially in the pics on the stairs, as the brown is almost exavtly the color of the stairs, which looks weird,
Imagine the cummerbund in copper color ... perfect.

I LOVE that dress! Adventurous and beautifully cut!
AddiesGirl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2016, 02:28:42 AM »

Oh to be a fly on the wall when Max is deciding what jewels to wear Drool

The skirt is horrible, the fabric is too bulky looking especially with the brown cummerbund over it. She's perfection above the cummerbund.

?What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof??I wish I knew... Just staying on it, I guess, as long as she can...?
― Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Missynat

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2016, 09:31:26 AM »

According to the blog New My Royal News, the gown is design by Natan.  The gown as shown on the runway is monochromatic.  Max, who loves color decided to make the top green and added a band in brown.

I am not a fan of Natan.  They have designed some horrible outfits but both Max and Mathilde wear their designs often.  Does anyone know why?

Previous outfits worn by Max that was designed by Natan.  You can guess when she is wearing Natan as they usually are not her best look (not that an ugly dress can take away from Max's mega watt smile).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: