Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WAX and Max coming to Perth, Western Australia  (Read 9823 times)
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »

Natan/Satan is a very VERY mediocre designer (he makes Varela look like a genius). He employs thick fabrics and designs cylindrical lines that make the royal ladies, Max and especially Mathilde, look like they are donning potato sacks.
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2016, 10:45:18 AM »

Just found out the dress I was talking about yesterday...the skirt looks exactly the same

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »

It's a funny thing with Maxima - she's not a stunning beauty, she's not model-thin, her style isn't trendy and she often wears either flat out ugly things and almost always styles that are over the top flashy - and yet, she's always attractive and nice to look at. Talk about charisma!
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2016, 11:30:52 AM »

And the lobster made another appearance - this time in Australia 
 http://www.dailymail.co.u...bour-Cockatoo-Island.html
Also another ugly skirt and we don't need to try to find out who the designer is 

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

Missynat

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2016, 12:42:08 PM »

And the lobster made another appearance - this time in Australia 
 http://www.dailymail.co.u...bour-Cockatoo-Island.html
Also another ugly skirt and we don't need to try to find out who the designer is 

Yeap, it is another Natan. 

Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2016, 12:42:40 PM »

Nerves Nerves Nerves Aaaah the lobster...  
I agree with Maria, Max has such a radiant personality that she might even walk out with a chamber pot for a hat, and look great!! She has charisma in spades, much like Mrs. Obama, whose sartorial choices are (at least imo) often very unfortunate, too.

PS Promoveatur ut amoveatur: I wish the BENELUX royals would present Natan with some honorary role for services to the kingdom and force him to retire, at least from dressing women... Perhaps he might dress royal dogs... or dolls...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:49:23 PM by Tatini » Logged
Missynat

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2016, 12:43:36 PM »

Natan/Satan is a very VERY mediocre designer (he makes Varela look like a genius). He employs thick fabrics and designs cylindrical lines that make the royal ladies, Max and especially Mathilde, look like they are donning potato sacks.

I agree.  I really don't know why these two attractive ladies wear Natan.  When they chose other designers they look so much better.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2016, 01:03:16 PM »

According to a news article I found in a free Dutch paper (= Metro) Max and Wax have been shopping in Australia. Apparently they weren't recognized by the shop lady and could freely try items. Up until they were recognized by a Dutch tourist in the same shop.

http://www.metronieuws.nl...ent-shoppende-maxima-niet
http://www.laatste-nieuws...pende-maxima-niet/1803357

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2016, 01:23:20 PM »

It's a funny thing with Maxima - she's not a stunning beauty, she's not model-thin, her style isn't trendy and she often wears either flat out ugly things and almost always styles that are over the top flashy - and yet, she's always attractive and nice to look at. Talk about charisma!

I agree! She projects amazingness and it's totally captivating! Mind you, I think that the fact that she would have ten times the budget of say, Mary,  might help her styling!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2016, 05:31:19 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2016, 05:38:47 PM »

According to Dutch Royalty program Blauw Bloed:

King Willem-Alexander and Queen M?xima are Thursday in Sydney received by Governor David Hurley in the Government House of the Australian state of New South Wales. After a short conversation  the royal couple went strolling through the park-like garden, which offers views of Sydney Harbour and the iconic Opera House.

University of Sydney
Later that morning the royal couple paid a short visit to the oldest university in Australia, the University of Sydney. There they viewed the launch of the New Holland Australia Scholarship Program by Minister Bert Koenders of Foreign Affairs. Which provides scholarships available to students from the Netherlands and Australia to study in each other's countries.

They also spoke to students and professors, who told about studying in both countries and who gave a presentation of various research projects. From the university, where the meeting took place on the sunny courtyard, the royal party went to a meeting with the business community.

King impresses
On the former prison island Cockatoo  the royal couple visited the Food2Fork fair. At 'food to fork' came Australian and Dutch companies and entrepreneurs in the food industry together to do business and to learn from each other's experiences. King Willem-Alexander held a speech at the fair. Prior to his speech, he was presented with the typical Australian farmers hat 'Akubra'. The king put the hat on and won a lot of hearts of Australians present.

Dutch community
From Cockatoo Island, they moved on to the party at Luna Park, an amusement park at the foot of the famous Harbour Bridge in Sydney for a meeting with the Dutch community. Some of which had a journey of several thousand kilometers from Adelaide and Melbourne to also come to the meeting with the royal couple.

King Willem-Alexander expressed his gratitude that so many had made "tremendous distance" "to be with us." The encounter with the Dutch marked the end of the barely 24-hour stay in the largest city of Australia. Immediately after the meeting the royal party went to the airport for the flight to Brisbane, where the state visit will be closed on Friday.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2016, 09:09:34 PM »

Nerves Nerves Nerves Aaaah the lobster...  
I agree with Maria, Max has such a radiant personality that she might even walk out with a chamber pot for a hat, and look great!! She has charisma in spades, much like Mrs. Obama, whose sartorial choices are (at least imo) often very unfortunate, too.

PS Promoveatur ut amoveatur: I wish the BENELUX royals would present Natan with some honorary role for services to the kingdom and force him to retire, at least from dressing women... Perhaps he might dress royal dogs... or dolls...

I second that wish to retire him by Queen's order. Never liked Satan's style.
The dress looked better in full blue (I bet the skirt of three color combo was taken from thus dress), but even the full blue versions looks weird because of the "horizontal stripe" pattern of the fabric.
Today's combo is also not bad, but the color of the top is bland (how do you call that Color? Band-aid greige-rose? Puke?), and the pleats in combination with the horizontal stripe add some kilos.

But what I appreciate is: if we would have done a tally, we would be way below 10K up to now - as most of the stuff, including shoes, is recycled.
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2016, 11:07:22 PM »

I don't understand those skirts - they make Max (and Mathilde) look like walking lampshades  Roll Eyes ITA with all of you saying that Max is a confident woman but I disagree with people saying she doesn't starve herself - she's definitely doing something since she became Queen - she's at her thinnest (at least since we know her) - she wears dresses she wore shorter after getting married. But she looks great now  Thumb up  and she always looked IMHO. But I'm no one to criticize her for losing weight, in order to feel better with her body image, as I did the same (I hope she isn't doing so for health reasons) Yes BTW, I'm not saying she starves herself - but she's dieting and exercising (you just need to look at her arms)  

Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2016, 02:51:35 AM »

Love seeing Wax with an Akubra.
There is a large Dutch community in Australia- it tends to be very under the radar unless you are part of it.
shastadaisy

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2016, 04:32:28 AM »

Maxima looks fit and toned. Her weight fluxuates a bit and it makes her more human and likable...you can picture her tucking into a good meal with gusto and letting loose on vacation.

Unlike some princesses - Mary, Kate and, frankly, Raina and Leti, who seem maintain iron will over their diet and exercise routines.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: