Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie's grandmother passed away  (Read 11099 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 01:06:41 AM »

RIP.  Sad  Cry

Lovely picture where they're holding hands.  Cute  Cry

'Baroness'... Marie had noble blood?  Huh?

No, her grandmother received the title by marriage, but both parts of Maries family - paternal/maternal - mingled in the high social cirlcles. IIRC, her stepfather was a good friend of ol' Henrik before Marie married Joachim. (or was it Marie's father.....  Thinking )

Nah...it was her stepfather, as during the autumn of 2004 Marie attended a hunting party held by friends of her stepfather, and that's where she met Joachim for the first time.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:13:37 AM by PeDe » Logged

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Dark sense of humour is a punishable offence

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 02:09:58 AM »

Oh, how sad for Marie  Shocked I hope she could spend some time with her before she slipped away. It seemed that Marie adored her grandmother, and I'm glad that her grandmother was able to see both great-grand children before she passed. RIP.

Looks like they were indeed close and I can see a family resemblance. Marie does resemble her grandmother quite a lot and she was named after her as her third name is Odile. Too bad I've never been able to find more information about her family, not to mention childhood pics. Isn't it amazing, Maz tried her hardest to protect her privacy and we know a lot more about her?

This is all I could find about Marie's family tree. You can click on some of the names and learn more about them.

http://geneall.net/en/nam...e-agathe-odile-cavallier/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:17:34 AM by Suzerain » Logged

Hasn't made Douglas Adams-esque jokes about the Large Hadron Collider since warned in September 2015    
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 02:19:38 AM »

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 02:54:01 AM »

An elegant and beautiful woman, her granddaughter is just like her. That is a lovely family photo minus Fred and Mary ofcourse.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 05:14:26 AM »

A tough time awaits Princess Marie of Denmark.

Yesterday, October 18, her beloved grandmother Odile de Sairigne died in France. The baroness was 97 years.

Last December Marie interrupted his royal commitments to go to France to visit his sick grandmother.

They had a very close relationship that the princess often talked about in interviews:

- "I have shared many secrets with her. She just wants me to be happy", Marie mentioned in an interview to the magazine Femina.

Odile de Sairigne attended Marie and Joachim's wedding in 2008 and it was reported that the Danish prince asked Marie's grandmother for her permission before he proposed.

It must be a horrid time for Marie, as she had never made a secret of it that at the period of her parents divorce and beyond, she was the closest to her grandmother rather than her mother. In fact, she had as a young women a rather strained relationship with her mother. Marie herself mentioned that when she was about 13-14 year-old, and had the choice to either live with her mother and her new husband in Switzerland, or go to boarding school, she chose the latter.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:29:09 AM by PeDe » Logged

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2016, 05:23:46 AM »

I think both Marie and Athena have some resemblance to her. 

What an elegant woman she was.  Poor Marie; I'm sure she's heartbroken right now.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2016, 05:42:28 AM »

Marie saying good-bye to her grandmother a couple days after the wedding  Cute

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2016, 02:40:37 PM »

Poor Marie. From the photos they really did seem very very close.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 01:53:38 PM »

I have seen many a royal family wedding photo but this one always stands out, Marie and her grandmother holding hands. I really was sort of whatever about Marie when she first came on the scene but this photo on her wedding day really made me smile and I have liked her since then.
I can just imagine on the wedding day Marie's grandmother and QM just chatting away in French like old friends. I am sure Daisy appreciated that some class was marrying into the family.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 05:37:14 PM »

October 21
The funeral of the Baroness Sairigne Odile, affectionately named "Mamita" by Marie, took place yesterday at 14:30 in the church of Saint-Jean-Baptiste a Neuilly-sur-Seine. The church is approx. 1/2h away from Paris, passing the Ard de Triomphe.

MORE PHOTOS HERE

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 03:25:03 PM »

They were really close judging by their interactions. And Marie was holding her hand in the wedding pictures Hug
ITA  Star.

I don't think Marie was pretending doing so unlike you know who the one ripped off her Nana's letter while talking her very close relationship with her  Sweating

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 09:16:26 PM »

there seem to be photos out of the funeral  Sad Cry

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:59:07 PM by PeDe » Logged

Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 09:19:09 PM »

Poor Marie. You can tell from these pictures how absolutely heart broken she is. Man, I feel for her!

ETA: I agree with Pix and honestly, I am very surprised that there are pictures from this. This is a situation where people, no matter who they are, deserve to get to mourn in private.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:30:27 PM by Harley » Logged

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2016, 09:22:23 PM »

I think it's so inappropriate to take pictures at the funerals of private people.  I know that J&M are not private people, however, out of respect for Marie's family, they shouldn't have photographed them there.  This funeral was for a private citizen, in a country that is not the home country of the public people who attended.  I might be able to understand if this was in DK, but it wasn't even in DK. 
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 09:37:05 PM »

I'm surprised there are photos. I find it quite tacky.

Marie was so close to her grandmother, I feel for her. That being said she had a long life with a loving family - that's always a blessing and must be a comfort to think about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: