Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florentine nobleman Prince Filippo Corsini killed in London bike crash  (Read 2006 times)
Jonathan

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« on: November 01, 2016, 08:54:00 PM »

Filippo Corsini, a Florentine nobleman, was fatally run over by a truck in London on 31 October.

The 21-year-old prince was hit while cycling near Knightsbridge Tube station. The truck stopped at the scene and the Metropolitan Police said they arrested the driver, a 42-year-old man, on suspicion of causing death by careless driving.

Corsini was reportedly on his way to class at Regent's University London, where he was studying for a BA in International Business. He was a keen equestrian and friends remembered his passion for the sport and for his horse, Claretta Bella.

"With your smile, with the laughter you gave us and the great undertakings you accomplished with your beloved Claretta Bella, we will never forget you. Bye, Prince. RIP", one of his friends, a fellow equestrian, wrote on Facebook.

"I cannot believe it, he was a wonderful boy. I think about his mother Clotilde, his grandfather Paolo and all the other relatives whom I don't know. I hug them all, with huge sadness", another friend recalled.

Corsini is survived by his parents, Duccio and Clotilde, as well as two younger sisters. The family has a wine and oil production business and also rents various properties in Tuscany as holiday homes.

The Corsini family are one of Florence's oldest, whose lineage goes all the way back to the Middle Ages. Their family tree includes Pope Clemente XII, who ruled from 1730 to 1740, founding Rome's Capitoline Museums and commissioning the Trevi Fountain.

Corsini is the eighth person to be killed in a biking accident in London this year.
Filippo Corsini
The Corsini familyprincipecorsini.com
[

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Jonathan

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 08:54:38 PM »

This is very  sad. As far as I can tell he is the only son.

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 11:49:00 PM »

Yes, sounds like he was the only son Sad

Not to get too gory (someone can edit this out if it's too much) but... according to reports he was "dragged 30 yards across a box junction before dying of 'catastrophic injuries'" Nerves What a horrifying way to go No

RIP Filippo Sad

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 11:53:06 PM »

he was a handsome looking young man, what a tragedy for this family

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 11:55:53 PM »

Shocked  Horrifying!  My heart breaks for his family and friends.
Jonathan

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 02:30:45 AM »

Not to get too gory (someone can edit this out if it's too much) but... according to reports he was "dragged 30 yards across a box junction before dying of 'catastrophic injuries'" Nerves What a horrifying way to go No

RIP Filippo Sad

It seems, from reading the press here, that it was much worse than that.

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 08:08:19 AM »

Does Italy still have a nobility? Or are these just people with a strong family tree and some money and inherited wealth?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 08:21:35 AM »

Very sad news. All the best for the left family and friends
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 08:41:31 AM »

His poor family Sad What a horrible way to end a young life.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 09:55:18 AM »

Poor family!! Sad RIP!

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Princess Gollumina wants her precioussss

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 11:43:39 AM »

Does Italy still have a nobility? Or are these just people with a strong family tree and some money and inherited wealth?

No, titles of nobility have not been legally recognised since 1948. Certain territorial designations, often historic feudal territories of noble families, recognised before 1922 may continue to be attached to surnames and used in legal documents.

What a terrible tragedy!  Nerves Such a needless death. His parents lost their only son but he's not the only child, thankfully.

The Rally Prince driving (yes, it's really him)...
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 01:19:24 PM »

What a tragedy!
Regarding Italian aristocrats it's correct to say that we have plenty and I dare say we have the oldest one!
Italian aristocracy  is vey ancient and comes from afar , infact , other than Holy Roman Empire/Pope created titles , there are some aristocrats that descend from the Roman Patricians , like the princely Massimo family in Rome.  They can be traced back since III century B.C..
Pleanty of them still have land and palazzi, so even if the title is not on their ID card they are still well known in their  neighbouroug  Smiley
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 01:30:41 PM »

RIP Filippo Sad

It seems, from reading the press here, that it was much worse than that.
Oh, how awful Nerves I'll leave my imagination to ponder what happened... just the bit about being dragged had me horrified enough. Poor, poor soul Cry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: