Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Crown - Netflix  (Read 56437 times)
mariposa
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2018, 05:33:56 PM »

The Crown is slow paced to me. It was hard to get into. I watched both series and I have to say it's pretty cool how insightful it is.
Pilotswife

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2018, 05:47:50 PM »

Tobias Menzies will play Prince Philip! Yay!!!  Jumping Laugh bounce Supercontent
http://deadline.com/2018/...smith-netflix-1202354968/

I was a little surprised by this casting but love his other work. I think he will do well in the role!
Cardelo26

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2019, 12:13:41 PM »

Not yet, because I am busy watching shows by Andy Yeatman right now. I can add this to my watch list and start with it as soon as I exhaust these series. There is a lot to learn from these shows and that is why I want to continue with the entertainment and knowledge.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2019, 12:07:39 PM »

I just read that Gillian Anderson will portray Margaret Thatcher in the 4th season!!!!!!!!!
But, on the other hand, months ago I had read that the 3rd and 4th season will be shooting at the same time, one right after the other but we have already seen pics with Olivia Colman and Helena Bonam Carter, so I'm wondering why we don't have a set day for the premier of season 3.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »

Are they waiting for the Brexit or what??? Come on.. get it on..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2019, 03:35:50 PM »

I just read that Gillian Anderson will portray Margaret Thatcher in the 4th season!!!!!!!!!
But, on the other hand, months ago I had read that the 3rd and 4th season will be shooting at the same time, one right after the other but we have already seen pics with Olivia Colman and Helena Bonam Carter, so I'm wondering why we don't have a set day for the premier of season 3.

Season 3 and 4 were not shoot at the same time, but Netflix explained that filming wwas supposed to happen back-to-back. Meaning that first they would film season 3 first, and short after season 4 Wink

It seems that season 3 already finished filming and is already on post-production. It is expected to premier in the upcoming months (my guess, early March/April).

Season 4 production is under way, that is why Gillian's name is on the news. Rumours say filming is about to start but Netflix is holding the new casting names secret until the premier of Season 3.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2019, 09:17:24 PM »

Season 3 and 4 were not shoot at the same time, but Netflix explained that filming wwas supposed to happen back-to-back. Meaning that first they would film season 3 first, and short after season 4 Wink

It seems that season 3 already finished filming and is already on post-production. It is expected to premier in the upcoming months (my guess, early March/April).

Season 4 production is under way, that is why Gillian's name is on the news. Rumours say filming is about to start but Netflix is holding the new casting names secret until the premier of Season 3.
Thank you for the clarification, I meant back-to-back but I couldn't remember the expression!
I think that the previous seasons were premiered in November, weren't they?

luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2019, 12:39:34 AM »

Series 1 was November and Series 2 was December (I remember because series 1 was 'exam marking weekend' at the end of the school year while series 2 was the first weekend of my summer school holidays).
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2019, 12:43:53 AM »

I loved imaging QE and Philip watching the series!!
minimoos

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2019, 01:05:31 AM »

I hope so! I read an article speculating that it wouldn’t be released until December, like in the previous years!   Crazy
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2019, 01:28:40 PM »

I read that too  Crazy

But the actress playing QEII in the upcoming, Olivia Coleman, will probably be nominated for an Oscar today and she has a shot at winning. My hope is that Netflix uses that to promote Season 3 and launch it when there is still hype around nomination/win, to bring new viewership etc. In December it will not be a novelity anymore...

anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2019, 05:58:17 PM »

For those that have watched both seasons of the Crown... is it worth it? I watched the first season and relatively enjoyed it, but find the second season much harder to get into it, and eventually stopped after the second episode. I've been debating about going back and watching season 1 again and pressing forward, since I do think the show will get more interesting as we come upon modern times that I'm more familiar with/care about.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
YellowPoppy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2019, 06:01:22 PM »

For those that have watched both seasons of the Crown... is it worth it? I watched the first season and relatively enjoyed it, but find the second season much harder to get into it, and eventually stopped after the second episode. I've been debating about going back and watching season 1 again and pressing forward, since I do think the show will get more interesting as we come upon modern times that I'm more familiar with/care about.
I liked season 2 more...  Confused

Once you are Real you can?t be ugly, except to people who don?t understand. - The Velveteen Rabbit
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2019, 06:22:51 PM »

I liked S2 more also. I agree that the first episodes may be a bit harder to get into. But see it, it is worth it!

The ending of the season is so damn strong! S2E9 ("Paterfamilias") is probably my favourite episode ever! Truly heartbreaking, from all perspectives!

anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2019, 06:31:59 PM »

Thanks ladies!! Maybe tonight I'll make myself a yummy supper and then start Season 1 so I can get back into the mood of it!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: