Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Crown - Netflix  (Read 23345 times)
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2019, 11:06:24 AM »

One more miss I would like to underline has to do wih he 4h episode, that had a greek element because of DoE's mother. First of all, the greek accents were horrible and I'm not talking about her accent - because she was deaf and that's why I don't think that she had any kind of greek accent. The rest of the actors had horrible accents. There are so many actors and actresses who could participate in this episode. In addition, the location and the scenery they choose were very far from the truth. Athens was nothing like what we saw and the organization of princess Alice was located in a neoclassical building north of Athens. The building is still standing today and as soon as I have access in internet from my laptop, I will post photos.

ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2019, 11:43:13 AM »

The firs two seasons seemed pretty accurate historically whereas this one seems to just use the very barest of facts and create completely made up stories from them.  The Aberfan episode was beautiful and well done from the point of view of the disaster itself but it was complete fiction to suggest HM fakes tears and was forced to go visit and that detracted from the whole episode.   
Gemsheal

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2019, 04:42:05 PM »

The Queen was moved when she visited Aberfan - deeply - as reported at the time and regularly commented on by the people who meet her there. There was also no conflict about her going. She wanted to go but she also didn't want to 'get in the way of the rescuers'. She was fully aware that her visit would focus security and everyone else on her and she didn't want that to be the case if there was a chance that someone else could be rescued.

This is one of the reasons why I stopped watching The Crown - it is largely fiction using real people's names as characters. Sadly many people think it is a documentary or docudrama rather than a fictional account using real people and real events as a backdrop for the story line.

Although the Aberfan episode was really well done from an entertainment/production perspective, I agree that the way the Queen was portrayed was almost libelous.

But, thatís my issue with this season. Itís veered way off into unbelievable land with a lot of issues. Itís sloppy as all get out.

Star  Star
You both said exactly what I think.  Though I enjoy the show it makes me cringe when the writers mess up easy facts, like the date of Churchill's death, and it just makes me roll my eyes.  It feels like they are rushing through time in this season too.

I felt they missed an easy score by not covering the unveiling of Queen Mary's memorial at Marlborough House in 1967.  It was the first public event that the Duke & Duchess of Windsor were invited to (the only one, as it turned out) and the Duchess refused to curtsey to the Queen Mother.  It would have made a great episode and a great lead into the Queen's visiting the Duke in France & DoW's death.
Aubiette

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2019, 09:53:48 PM »

I just made it through episode 7 (barely) and itís just boring AF. Iím so disappointed in this season. Iíll keep trudging on though.  Snore
jolene

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2019, 01:14:34 AM »

I just made it through episode 7 (barely) and itís just boring AF. Iím so disappointed in this season. Iíll keep trudging on though.  Snore
I like Tobias, but this season is boring.
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2019, 02:06:25 AM »

I feel the same. I was really excited for this season to come out but itís been pretty blah.
Booklover

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2019, 02:59:31 AM »

Disappointing! And we had to wait so long for it!
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2019, 07:27:15 AM »

I feel the same. I was really excited for this season to come out but itís been pretty blah.

It was so blah.

Tobias in my eyes was a better Philip than Matt and I LOVED Princess Anne. She is exactly what I imagine.

One thing I am disappointed by is they didnít cover Anneís wedding to Mark in 1973. That was a bit odd.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2019, 07:31:35 AM »

In my opinion, Philip is the only one that got any real character development, QEII and the rest came off as caricatures and the actors just could not save the mediocre writing despite their effort.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2019, 08:47:21 AM »

It feels lower budget this time around...
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2019, 10:57:36 PM »

I found an error: at the very end of Bubbikins the retainer refers to the ďAustralian Broadcasting CorporationĒ -it was ďCommissionĒ at the time.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2019, 02:03:02 AM »

This is the building that Princess Alice's organization was located:

From this article https://www.protagon.gr/t...-neo-irakleio-44341950801 that reffers to the history of the building, which was Alice's summer residence and now has been declared a historical site and operates as space for entertaining the elderly and it is a part of Red Cross.

jolene

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2019, 02:15:14 AM »

I'm struggling to finish the last few eps. Just finished the moon landing one.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2019, 12:07:16 PM »

I'm struggling to finish the last few eps. Just finished the moon landing one.
Very boring episode imo.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: