Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Crown - Netflix  (Read 61379 times)
royalwessex
Banned
Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2020, 08:59:08 PM »

Oscar nominated actor Johnathan Pryce has been cast as Prince Philip in the 5th & 6th seasons of 'The Crown'.
https://twitter.com/DEADL.../1293647835099828224?s=19

Iím not sure if itís a good casting by the looks I donít see any resemblance but he is one hell of an actor his depiction of Pope Francis on the two popes was phenomenal in my opinion 

I am very glad to see that there will be a season 6. There was a rumor going around that the Crown would stop after Diana's death. Thank goodness that's proven false. I'm guessing season 5 will be roughly the 90s, then season 6 roughly the 2000s, i.e. Queen Mother death, Golden Jubilee, Charles and Camilla marriage?
I wonder how far they will go after all.  If I had my way, FOREVER! Supercontent

@royalwessex
lyndell75

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2020, 01:00:47 AM »

@TheCrownNetflix

onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2020, 08:27:00 AM »

Great posters, all of them expose the character, they're very personal - unfortunately, Olivia Colman wasn't the right choice though. Great actress, undoubtly but not the right one to depict QEII.
I can't wait to see Gillian Anderson as the Iron Lady!

lyndell75

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2020, 09:05:16 PM »

Latest trailer
https://youtu.be/OiXEpminPms
https://twitter.com/getFA.../1321866620021583873?s=09

Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2020, 03:51:17 AM »

Great posters, all of them expose the character, they're very personal - unfortunately, Olivia Colman wasn't the right choice though. Great actress, undoubtly but not the right one to depict QEII.

In anticipation of the new season starting soon, this morning I  started to re-watch The Crown from scratch.  I'd forgotten how good the first season was, and how excellent Claire Foy was in the role of The Queen.  She not only had a fairly good physical likeness to young Elizabeth but also had the ability to convey, convincingly and sympathetically, the range of emotions I imagine Elizabeth would have been encountering over those years.   I adore Olivia Colman but she was not the right choice for this role, IMO. I did not enjoy season 3 anywhere near as much as these episodes.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2020, 05:21:07 AM »

In anticipation of the new season starting soon, this morning I  started to re-watch The Crown from scratch.  I'd forgotten how good the first season was, and how excellent Claire Foy was in the role of The Queen.  She not only had a fairly good physical likeness to young Elizabeth but also had the ability to convey, convincingly and sympathetically, the range of emotions I imagine Elizabeth would have been encountering over those years.   I adore Olivia Colman but she was not the right choice for this role, IMO. I did not enjoy season 3 anywhere near as much as these episodes.

Helena Bonham Carter must have had written into her contract that she didn't have to gain weight for the role. Princess Margaret was no longer thin and glamorous by the end of the 1970s.
jolene

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: October 31, 2020, 05:55:17 AM »

Helena Bonham Carter must have had written into her contract that she didn't have to gain weight for the role. Princess Margaret was no longer thin and glamorous by the end of the 1970s.
She's normally thinner. She must have said that she will not weigh more than XYZ weight for the role. I've not researched Margaret's weight in her latter years.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2020, 08:51:25 AM »

From what we have seen so far, in this series, in other movies and based on Claire Foy's acting in this and other projects as well, she was the ideal choice to portray Queen Elisabeth!

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: October 31, 2020, 09:13:44 AM »

She's normally thinner. She must have said that she will not weigh more than XYZ weight for the role. I've not researched Margaret's weight in her latter years.

https://www.google.com/am...cret-letters-pen-pals/amp
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: October 31, 2020, 09:58:37 AM »

Sadly so. There is a levity and quick wit to HM, Olivia fails to capture.

GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2020, 11:02:31 PM »

The new season is up!

I've only seen the first half of episode 1 (will watch the rest later), but they should just go ahead and send the cast their emmy nominations now. Especially Gillian Anderson.
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2020, 11:16:19 PM »

I'm not enjoying it terribly much like I did the first two seasons. I think the more modern we get, the less interest I have!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2020, 11:26:47 PM »

I have watched the first two episodes. I must say, I think Emma Corrinís portrayal of Diana is one of the best Iíve seen. She manages to capture her mannerisms etc without descending into caricature, which is no mean feat. I am quite excited for the rest of the season.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2020, 11:31:07 PM »

What I want to know is ... why is there a mouse running across the palace floor in the beginning of episode 3? At first I thought it would be significant for the storyline in this episode, but no. I just seems very odd with that mouse Thinking
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2020, 12:08:49 AM »

What I want to know is ... why is there a mouse running across the palace floor in the beginning of episode 3? At first I thought it would be significant for the storyline in this episode, but no. I just seems very odd with that mouse Thinking

Foreshadowing for another episode likely.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: