Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monaco National Day Festivities 2016  (Read 15064 times)
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2016, 02:51:42 PM »

My lady, 
She was the first born. Her birth time is earlier.

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2016, 04:31:06 PM »

Gabriella and Jacques are twins, and who was conceived in first , if we  follow you,  nobody knows  even the doctors because the eggs are moving in the belly of the mother. Their case is not like a boy who is born two years after his sister.
A princess could  do better things than to be a princess sovereign.an could be more happy  in the fields she is working 

Albert and Charlene will explain to Gabriella why she is not the heir and why she is the spare as  the royal couple of Belgium will explain to Emmanuel why he is  the spare  and not the heir, as the royal couple of Spain will explain to Sofia why she is only the spare.same case.

I find very well that Albert and Charlene will let Gabriella in peace because she is afraid when she is meeting a lot of people why let a child cry because she is a princess and she has to meet people as her brother, they are waiting that she could be at ease with the people before to bring her at public events. It is a good gesture of parents.

Emmanuel of Belgium is even the 2nd spare Wink
Big sister Elisabeth is the crownprincess and 1st heir to the throne, followed by big brother Gabriel.......
That would make Emmanuel 3rd in line of the throne.
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2016, 07:58:29 PM »

Monaco, unlike most other monarchies in the world, is one where a lot of demands are made on the sovereign. Albert may have been thinking that it was better to spare a daughter these responsibilities in light of the possibility that it could seriously impinge on her family life one day. That is a terribly politically incorrect thing to say but political correctness isn't the same as reality and in reality the mother is usually the linchpin of the family. As a result if too many demands are placed on a woman, in any sphere of life, it's often to the detriment of her family.  Successful Queens such as Queen Elizabeth did indeed experience this and regret it in their own families so I don't really blame pa for doing what he did. Of course a woman can be an excellent monarch but it can take a toll that a male monarch doesn't experience so much. I'm a woman myself and under 40 but I say it how I see it.
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2016, 04:50:22 PM »

Monaco, unlike most other monarchies in the world, is one where a lot of demands are made on the sovereign. Albert may have been thinking that it was better to spare a daughter these responsibilities in light of the possibility that it could seriously impinge on her family life one day. That is a terribly politically incorrect thing to say but political correctness isn't the same as reality and in reality the mother is usually the linchpin of the family. As a result if too many demands are placed on a woman, in any sphere of life, it's often to the detriment of her family.  Successful Queens such as Queen Elizabeth did indeed experience this and regret it in their own families so I don't really blame pa for doing what he did. Of course a woman can be an excellent monarch but it can take a toll that a male monarch doesn't experience so much. I'm a woman myself and under 40 but I say it how I see it.

You are right. Somewhere on this board I read that apparently Carl Gustav of Sweden said basically the same, only he said that a woman adjusts better to marrying a monarch/ rf member than a man does. Women are just as good as men in leadership roles and at times prove to be even better leaders than men, because women see things differently (our brains are differently wired). But it is also true that a woman has to sacrifice more than a man in a leading position and that a female spouse handles the role of "2nd best/ 2nd commander" better than men are at being basically sidelined (see eg Philip of the UK esp earlier in their marriage).
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2016, 10:27:59 PM »

You are right. Somewhere on this board I read that apparently Carl Gustav of Sweden said basically the same, only he said that a woman adjusts better to marrying a monarch/ rf member than a man does. Women are just as good as men in leadership roles and at times prove to be even better leaders than men, because women see things differently (our brains are differently wired). But it is also true that a woman has to sacrifice more than a man in a leading position and that a female spouse handles the role of "2nd best/ 2nd commander" better than men are at being basically sidelined (see eg Philip of the UK esp earlier in their marriage).
I quoted CG on saying that female spouses have an easier time since the role of the royal spouse is to be the mother figure of the country, taking on charities about children, the sick and the elderly (traditional women's role being the Kitchen, church and children) and bringing up the children while there is no set role for the male consort.
And even today in our very modern and gender-sensible societies, it is usually the mother who steps back and holds off her career when a baby is born, not the father, and it is usually the mother who gets the moniker "Rabenmutter" (uncaring mother) when she fails to attend to each and every event in her child's life, while Dad will get a free pass.
But perhaps in 25 years this will be different.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2016, 12:41:45 AM »

Imo if women adjust better to being second best, it's because they have never (seldom) been allowed to be anything else.
Ofcourse monarchy is an unjust, hierarchical system, but singling out boys before girls is pouring salt in this republican's wounds anyway. Just as if there is inherent racism in the system. That finally makes utterly, totally unacceptable.
Love Gabriella and Jacques. I hope they will grow up to be free people.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: