Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry's tour on the Caribbean 20 Nov. to 4 Dec.  (Read 34435 times)
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2016, 01:51:45 PM »

I started this thread so all the info can be easily found here 

Harry's tour starts today  Jumping Jumping Jumping Hoping I will have time to follow.

Schedule for Reference

November 20 - Antigua

Upon arrival at V.C. Bird International Airport on a scheduled, commercial flight, Prince Harry will be met by the sights and sounds so traditionally associated with the Caribbean, as a local band provides the soundtrack for an Antigua and Barbuda Defence Force military parade, during which His Royal Highness will formally inspect the Guard.

That evening, Prince Harry will attend a reception hosted by the Governor General, His Excellency Sir Rodney Williams, featuring cultural performances introducing His Royal Highness to Antiguan life.

November 21 - Antigua

Youth Sports Festival at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium. Prince Harry will be hosted by three of Antigua & Barbuda?s cricketing legends: Sir Vivian Richards, Sir Andy Roberts and Sir Curtly Ambrose. Together they will tour the grounds meeting local children and young people showcasing the many national sports played in Antigua and Barbuda.

Charities Showcase event in the tropical grounds of Government House, in Antigua?s capital St John?s. Charities including the Nolan Hue and the

Halo Foundation, Scouts and the Girl Guides, will highlight the crucial work that they are carrying out in Antigua and Barbuda.

That evening, His Royal Highness will visit Barnacle Point to attend a reception hosted by Prime Minister Mr Gaston Browne, at which a number of Antiguan and Barbudan young cultural ambassadors will also be in attendance.

November 22 - Antigua and Barbuda

Leaving Antigua on helicopter for Barbuda. On arrival a boat tour the through mangroves.

Back on shore, Prince Harry will make the short walk to one of two schools in Barbuda, Holy Trinity Primary School. Here His Royal Highness will join the school children busy preparing celebrations for the school?s 93rd anniversary of their Founders? Day.

His Royal Highness will then travel the short distance up the road to Sir McChesney George High School, Barbuda?s secondary school with an impressive attitude towards conservation and promoting sustainability.

That afternoon, back in Antigua, Prince Harry  will unveil the first of four dedications towards The Queen?s Commonwealth Canopy project at the Victoria Park Botanical Gardens in St John?s.

November 23 - St. Kitts and Nevis

On arrival, His Royal Highness will receive an official welcome by way of a military parade at Port Zante, where Prince Harry will formally inspect the Guard.

A youth rally at Brimstone Hill Fortress. Here, Prince Harry will watch traditional dances, hear Caribbean songs and listen to local poetry recitals, all led by the inspiring young people of this country. It is here that His Royal Highness will also unveil the St Kitts and Nevis dedication to The Queens Commonwealth Canopy Project.

Prince Harry will then travel by boat to Charlestown Pier on the neighbouring island of Nevis. As he arrives, His Royal Highness will be welcomed to the island by local residents of Nevis who he will have the opportunity to meet.

Local turtle conservation initiative on Lovers Beach. The Nevis Turtle Group was formed in 2003 by Mr Lemuel Pemberton, and is dedicated to developing a Sea Turtle Conservation Programme for Nevis that, by involving the local community, will ensure that sea turtles are protected for years to come.

That evening, His Royal Highness will return to St Kitts where he will attend a reception hosted by the Governor General at Government House. Prince Harry will meet young leaders and people from St Kitts and Nevis including the country?s Chevening Scholars and Commonwealth Youth organisations.
November 24 - St Lucia

His Royal Highness will travel to St Lucia arriving in the afternoon at Pointe Seraphine where he will receive an official welcome to the country.

That evening, Prince Harry will attend a reception hosted by the Governor General, Her Excellency Dame Pearlette Louisy, in the gardens of

Government House, overlooking the historic harbour of the capital, Castries.

November 25 - St Lucia

Exhibition cricket match at the Daren Sammy Cricket Ground.

Travel to Pigeon Island, one of the country?s national landmarks, to attend an outdoor exhibition highlighting various conservation projects run by the young people of St. Lucia. Prince Harry will also unveil the dedication plaque designating the Castries Water Works Reserve and surrounding rainforest as Saint Lucia?s contribution to The Queen?s Commonwealth Canopy Project.

The Prince will then travel by boat to the south-western town of Soufriere. His Royal Highness will arrive at the harbour to the sights and sounds of a St Lucian street festival, with traditional food and drink on offer at local markets stalls. Prince Harry will have the opportunity to meet members of the public, youth leaders and local school children, with a St Lucian band providing the soundtrack.

November 26 - St Vincent

His Royal Highness will be met off the boat at Kingstown Cruise Terminal Pier by the Governor General His Excellency Sir Frederick Ballantyne, other government officials and a military parade, at which he will formally inspect the Guard.

From there, Prince Harry will travel to Kingstown?s Botanic Gardens, the oldest tropical gardens in the Western world, which celebrated their 250th anniversary in 2015. Here, His Royal Highness will tour the site, watching a number of cultural performances and will plant a commemorative Baobab tree to mark the visit.

Prince Harry will then visit the Vermont Nature Trail, located in St Vincent?s beautiful southern interior. His Royal Highness will walk a short part of a trail that hikers worldwide travel to the country to enjoy, meeting local guides and those who work on the trail?s maintenance en route.

Here, Prince Harry will unveil the final of the four dedications to The Queen?s Commonwealth Canopy on this tour.
That afternoon, His Royal Highness will visit one of St Vincent?s beaches to learn more about the country?s initiatives which inspire young people through education in schools to care about and protect the endangered population of sea turtles on St Vincent?s shores.
Before departing St Vincent, Prince Harry will attend a reception hosted by the Governor General and the Prime Minister at the Cruise Ship Terminal.   

November 27- Travel Day

November 28 - Grenada

Official arrival and welcome at Grenada Cruise Port.

His Royal Highness will travel to Queens Park Grounds to attend a community sporting event. This local sports field is home to a number of community cricket and football teams, who practice there year round. Prince Harry will have the opportunity to meet and engage with some of the young players, and the inspiring figures who volunteer their time to help coach them.

That afternoon, Prince Harry will visit Grand Anse Beach, one of Grenada?s most beautiful beaches. Here, His Royal Highness will hear about the devastating impact climate change has had on the Caribbean environment, and the steps organisations like the Environmental Division and
other institutions are taking to repair and protect their precious eco-system.

Meeting with the Prime Minister, Dr. the Right Honourable Keith Mitchell.

Reception hosted by the Governor General Her Excellency Dame Cecile La Grenade.

November 29 - Barbados

Prince Harry will arrive at the Bridgetown Port, which sits on the Southwestern part of the island and is the gateway to the capital. His Royal

Highness will be greeted by a military parade.

Government House:  a meeting with the Governor General, His Excellency Sir Elliott Belgrave, and to present a number of Duke of Edinburgh Award candidates with their Gold Award.

Prince Harry will then pay a courtesy call on the Prime Minister Mr Freundel Stuart at his official residence Ilaro Court.

Government House: attend a luncheon hosted by the Governor General.

Vist to Nightengale Children?s Home, an organisation offering accommodation, support and care to children from birth up until the age of 18, including young children with learning disabilities and health problems.

Prince Harry will conclude his first day in Barbados by attending the reveal of the 50th Anniversary of Independence National Monument.

November 30 - Barbados

The next morning Prince Harry will return to the Garrison Savannah for the 50th Anniversary of Independence Military Parade. National Uniformed Groups will be represented in this colourful and impressive parade, where His Royal Highness will inspect the Guard of Honour and be joined by the Governor General, Prime Minister and other senior dignitaries to continue the celebrations.

Following the parade, Prince Harry will join guests at the Officers? Mess at St Ann?s Fort, where the Prime Minister will deliver a speech and raise a ?Toast to the Nation?.

The Golden Anniversary Spectacular Mega Concert. This extravaganza will be held at the Garrison Savannah, with an expected audience of tens of thousands joining the party. The last five decades of Barbadian history will be highlighted, with live performances featuring the best of

Barbadian talent, from singers and dancers, to orchestras, icons and celebrated entertainers, one of whom will be Rihanna ? all set to perform. Here, Prince Harry will take in the celebrations, and deliver a short speech before the concert kicks off.

December 1 - Barbados

Prince Harry?s final day in Barbados coincides with World AIDS day, a topic of great importance to His Royal Highness. A special ?Man Aware? event will be held in Heroes Square in the centre of Bridgetown this year, where Prince Harry will take the opportunity to meet with volunteers manning the stands, and members of the public dropping in to visit the stalls.

Visit to Nature Fun Ranch in St Andrew. The ranch allows young people to speak freely with one another about important topics, including HIV/AIDS, providing them with a positive focus to guide their lives in the right direction, in a rural setting while tending to horses, working vegetable patches, or managing fish hatcheries. Prince Harry will tour the ranch, and meet the young people working there who are benefiting from the programme.   

Visit to Paragon Base, the home of the Barbados Defence Force. Here, His Royal Highness will see how the Eastern Caribbean countries work together at the Regional Security System (RSS), and learn more about the Defence Force?s response to combatting security threats and the drugs trade operating within the region.

December 2 - Barbados and Guyana

The end of Prince Harry?s visit to Barbados will be marked with an official departure from the airport, as His Royal Highness travels on to Guyana.

Call on President David Granger.

Laying a wreath at the Independence Monument.

Visit to Camp Ayanganna, the Headquarters of the Guyana Defence Force. Here His Royal Highness will meet with groups of officer cadets, serving officers and veterans, who will take The Prince on a tour of the Base.

Prince Harry will lay a wreath at Georgetown?s Commonwealth War Graves, in honour of those who lost their lives during the two World Wars and the pre-independence period.         

That evening the Prince will attend a reception hosted by the British High Commissioner Greg Quinn.

December 3 - Guyana

Prince Harry will visit an indigenous community in Guyana?s Hinterland; where he will be met by village elders, who will lead Prince Harry to the centre of this indigenous community, which is just five-square miles in size. Prince Harry will receive an official welcome from the Surama villagers, around the gathering point of the village Totem Pole. His Royal Highness will hear more about traditional village life, and take a short trip to the village?s Eco Lodge to see how the community is embracing eco-tourism.

Iwokrama International Centre, which has a close link to Prince Harry; his father The Prince of Wales, has been the organisation?s Patron since 2000. Prince Harry will meet with rangers to learn about the forest, and the steps being taken to protect this important reserve, and the broader conservation efforts of the Amazon.

Before arriving at the reserve, Prince Harry will briefly call into Fairview Village and pay his respects to the village Elders.

Visiting a local school.

Visit to Kaieteur Falls. This magnificent waterfall is the single largest free-fall waterfall in the world. It has a drop of 741 feet, making it nearly five times as high as Niagara Falls in Canada. To reach this staggering natural wonder, Prince Harry will take one more flight, and then a short trek through the jungle with local guides, who will explain the local flora and fauna of the area, before he reaches the falls.

December 4 - Guyana

Visit to Joshua House Children?s Centre, in the centre of Georgetown. The charity, established in 1977, is currently home to more than 70 children, both girls and boys, typically aged between 5 and 12. The mission of the home is to rescue children who find themselves in unfortunate circumstances and whilst living here, have access to computers and libraries, daily meals and can learn skills like how to prepare those same meals, or even grow the ingredients used to create them.

That afternoon, Prince Harry will return to Eugene F. Correia airport, where he will inspect the final guard of the tour before departing for London.

DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 01:53:50 PM »

Thanks QueenEM. Much easier to flick through while I'm on my lunch break  Champagne

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 02:11:04 PM »

HRH Prince Harry of Wales arrives in Antigua

If he's been "looking forward to" this trip and is supposedly "madly in love", then how come he doesn't look anything like it?

Maybe he's thinking about various ways to end it without drama while the cell phone in his pocket is beeping every five seconds for more messages from Marbles.  Secret

You're welcome DebbieB  Star
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 02:13:38 PM »

Prince Harry is attending a Youth Sports Festival with some Antiguan cricketing legends...

Keen!
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 02:18:31 PM »

I hope he does a good tour but I find myself not caring the least bit now.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 02:19:34 PM »

I wish I was there.
Not necessarily with him, it's just that I have fond memories of my Caribbean holidays .
over here  the climate is gloomy,super grey and we haven't seen a glimpse of blue sky for weeks...it's tough. Nerves
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 02:20:45 PM »

I hope he does a good tour but I find myself not caring the least bit now.

I agree 100% with your comment.

Keen!
Zazoo

Mini Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 02:37:42 PM »

I'm quite certain that he will have a good tour! Whatever is the markel-incident I hope it will not reflect bad in the tour and it's coverage (you know making every article relate to her even if it dasent )

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Michelle0187

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 03:02:53 PM »

I used to get super stoked for pictures and articles on his tours. It doesn't feel like that anymore. But on one hand, less attention on his tour can leave the press with very little to work with on those everyday mm news. There can only be so much articles on the coats and shoes  she wears to work or london. The one day the press can't resist is the day he meets rihanna.
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 03:08:16 PM »

I'm quite certain that he will have a good tour! Whatever is the markel-incident I hope it will not reflect bad in the tour and it's coverage (you know making every article relate to her even if it dasent )

He always do great on tour and meeting with people. Some people can be a disaster in their personal lives and still be very professional
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 03:49:07 PM »

Keen!
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 03:52:03 PM »

Keen!
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 04:11:49 PM »

Harry looks cheerful and enjoying playing cricket and meeting the youngsters.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 04:34:15 PM »

Harry is a hunk and that's a matter of fact but........
His shoes are horrid beyond words, absolutley like he didn't think twice when preparing the look for this visit. Nono
 Lately even his sartorialy dull Brother is looking dapper than him. Shocked
No no no Harry! Those Caribbean girls all dressed with your face printed on their  t-shirts did an effort and looked great, but you didn't!
try again
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 12:19:31 AM »

Harry's Events today. Also re the Media: Harry is accompany on this tour by over 40 members of the foreign press plus additional local media.

Scores of foreign journalists accompanying Prince Henry of Wales on his tour of Antigua & Barbuda are expected to bring a major boost to the country?s international profile as a result.

From the moment the 32-year-old British royal stepped onto the tarmac at VC Bird International Airport yesterday afternoon, the frenzied motions of approximately 35 ? 40 international media personnel became apparent.

Media Liaison Officer for Government House, Jacquie Browne told OBSERVER media that 17 foreign news groups were present for the Prince?s arrival, and just as many are likely to follow him around Antigua and over to Barbuda.

According to Browne, the British press, includes the Press Association (UK), The Express, The Telegraph, The Daily Mail, The Daily Mirror and The Sun.

Present also were reporters from the Associated Press (AP), US Reuters, Thompson Reuters, the United States (US) based National Broadcasting Company (NBC), the American Broadcasting Company (ABC) Vantage News, Hussain Gallery, Rex Shutter Shock, Channel 5, New Pix International, and Silver Hub Media.

Yesterday, Prince Henry, also known as Harry, attended a welcome reception hosted by the Governor General Sir Rodney Williams. Today, he will attend a Youth Sports Festival at Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, a charities? showcase at Government House and a reception hosted by Prime Minister Gaston Browne at Barnacle Point

Prince Harry attends a children?s charity party at Government House

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:25:43 AM by wisdomheaven » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: