Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry's tour on the Caribbean 20 Nov. to 4 Dec.  (Read 34602 times)
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: December 07, 2016, 08:09:11 PM »

He was representing HM and the UK and such tours are arranged or at least agreed on by government officials and HM's people. As there is HM's horse trainer involved, it's one of her most beloved hobbies and there is a chinese connection (remember the big state visit with full pomp and circumstance even Will and Kate had to attend?) I doubt this was Harry's idea. Whistle

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
AddiesGirl

Warned
Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: December 07, 2016, 08:12:09 PM »

He was representing HM and the UK and such tours are arranged or at least agreed on by government officials and HM's people. As there is HM's horse trainer involved, it's one of her most beloved hobbies and there is a chinese connection (remember the big state visit with full pomp and circumstance even Will and Kate had to attend?) I doubt this was Harry's idea. Whistle

So then why not be above boards about it and add it to the itinerary? Why hide it if there's nothing to be ashamed of?
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: December 07, 2016, 08:13:11 PM »

So then why not be above boards about it and add it to the itinerary? Why hide it if there's nothing to be ashamed of?

IIRC it was in the itinerary the Times did.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
AddiesGirl

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: December 07, 2016, 08:20:17 PM »

I posted this several pages back - but seems Harry  has bigger controversies going on - he made an off the schedule appearance not covered by royal reporters when in St Lucia - he did a sod dig for the opening of a very controversial racetrack being built in St Lucia by a Chinese businessman and Jake Warren - the Queen's trainer.  Among other connections to the Warrens.

I wonder why it was kept secret at the time - well - seems it is a very controversial project and opposed by many in St Lucia including the opposition party

https://stluciatimes.com/...ince-harry-manipulated-pmhttp://

there is more to this story that involves why the trip to Toronto may have been a lesser of two evils but that is a digression.

So since the Warrens stand to make serious money from this - they drag Harry boy into it - something he would ordinarily have stayed away from due to the controversy.  And they keep it off the schedule  so no one knows.

There are days when I do think republic sounds good.  This sort of  stuff is just not okay

Lady Cate, you say that this sod breaking was kept secret, was it published anywhere before the fact that you can remember?
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2016, 08:22:35 PM »

I posted this several pages back - but seems Harry  has bigger controversies going on - he made an off the schedule appearance not covered by royal reporters when in St Lucia - he did a sod dig for the opening of a very controversial racetrack being built in St Lucia by a Chinese businessman and Jake Warren - the Queen's trainer.  Among other connections to the Warrens.

I wonder why it was kept secret at the time - well - seems it is a very controversial project and opposed by many in St Lucia including the opposition party

https://stluciatimes.com/...ince-harry-manipulated-pmhttp://

there is more to this story that involves why the trip to Toronto may have been a lesser of two evils but that is a digression.

So since the Warrens stand to make serious money from this - they drag Harry boy into it - something he would ordinarily have stayed away from due to the controversy.  And they keep it off the schedule  so no one knows.

There are days when I do think republic sounds good.  This sort of  stuff is just not okay

Star Seems Harry doesn't give a hang about controversy lately. Thumbing his nose at tax payer's expense for midnight rendezvous doesn't jive with the Harry I thought I knew. So much shadiness going on, hope someone gives him an attitude check asap (yes Charles, I'm looking at you)

I put a lot of this on KP too.  With both controversies, it seems that KP only made the problem worse.  Obviously, there was the lying (something that seems to be a staple of their PR strategy now).  But with this...did no one do due diligence?  In planning for this trip, did no one from KP figure out that this would be controversial?  Or did they know it was controversial and thought they could get away with it if it was under the radar?

To me, these controversies are just another sign of KP's incompetence.

Star LauraMarie, you're quite right. KP is there for damage control, if ginger wants to go rogue it is their job to hold the reigns and yell Whoa! But, in their defense, I think they got a huge taste of daddy Charles' stubborn attitude towards these damaging situations and were told to bugger off, that what Harry was doing was 'non-negotiable'. Wink

I definitely could see how this wasn't there idea, but they still have to account for the lying.  According to Richard Palmer, not only did they tell the press he wouldn't be going to Canada 3 weeks ago (which they could reasonably say plans changed since that time), they told the press 30 minutes before the plane left that he was going to London not Canada.  That's inexcusable IMO and harkens back to those lies they told about William's EAAA work.

Is there any government accountability for press releases, just wondering. I remember Palmer (I think it was) tweeting 'there goes Harry back to London' or something to that effect, so they made him look like an idiot, something I'm sure he doesn't take kindly to. I'm going to love it if/when the press gets tired of getting the finger and takes off the velvet gloves they've been handling the tarnished ginger prince with Beer

I don't think there are/will be any legal ramifications for KP.  I was hoping the EAAA incident would be a turning point for the press, but I'm not sure that it was. It's aggravating because it seems like political figures, celebs, etc all get critiqued for how they handle the media, but somehow everything dealing with the royal family is always the media's fault.  I'm definitely ready for more accountability.
danifaul

Large Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2016, 08:36:26 PM »

I think Harry is trusting/relying too much on his popularity.  Thinking

If I'm not mistaken, Harry has a racehorse with Jack  Huh? coincidence!?
Is a dangerous line, the line that Andrew chose

Mix the prince Andrew represent a country and the monarchy, with Andrew private man with financial interest.

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: December 07, 2016, 08:46:07 PM »

I think Harry is trusting/relying too much on his popularity.  Thinking

If I'm not mistaken, Harry has a racehorse with Jack  Huh? coincidence!?
Is a dangerous line, the line that Andrew chose

Mix the prince Andrew represent a country and the monarchy, with Andrew private man with financial interest.

I doubt it's a coincidence. The Warrens are probably good friends of the family (not just Jack and Harry). So I'm sure he didn't have a problem doing it. But it was an official tour payed by the taxpayers of several countries. I very much doubt he can sneak in an engagement if government and or HM are against it or don't know about it.

DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: December 07, 2016, 09:23:11 PM »

Carolyn Warren was Lord Porchester's daughter (spitting image of Diana in the 80's). Is she still married to the groom? She married beneath her (John Warren was a groom of Lord Porchester if I remember correctly). Massive hooha back in the 80's. Would be massively surprised if Harry was involved in this...blind eye I would think  Wink

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
Aspidistra

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: December 07, 2016, 09:37:04 PM »

Chinese projects in LatAm/Caribbean are shady (they're usually just a vehicle for the Chinese to get their money out of China and the project never materializes).

We've had four "ghost" Chinese projects in PR and one of them is also called "Pearl of the Caribbean," which is pretty funny.

Caribbean racecourses are also shady (they are usually tax shelters for foreign investors and go bankrupt every five years like clockwork so the "investors" can take their losses).

Promoting a friend's project during a taxpayer-funded official tour is also shady.

None are illegal though. The Chinese project and the racecourse look legitimate (at least until Treasury looks into them) and the sod-lifting is part of an official government inauguration. So they're (barely) okay.

But, yes, like Andrew, he's skating close to the line. I'm not surprised they kept this on the down low.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: December 08, 2016, 09:49:06 AM »

Carolyn Warren was Lord Porchester's daughter (spitting image of Diana in the 80's). Is she still married to the groom? She married beneath her (John Warren was a groom of Lord Porchester if I remember correctly). Massive hooha back in the 80's. Would be massively surprised if Harry was involved in this...blind eye I would think  Wink

According to the Wiki of her father, Lord Porchester, she's still married to him:

https://en.wikipedia.org/...rt,_7th_Earl_of_Carnarvon

And according to the following article her son Jake Warren is a friend of prince Harry:
http://www.telegraph.co.u...d-races-to-the-altar.html

Jake is/was also one of Diana's godchildren (one of the 17).
LadyCate

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: December 08, 2016, 12:27:52 PM »

well what makes it even more interesting is that supposedly the fashion designer whose name I forget who was once married to one of Harry's Eton friends  and who was on vacation with Meaghan in June was also at this sod digging.

here is a pic of Harry at the event - he does not look so cheery

http://www.thoroughbredda...e-pearl-of-the-caribbean/http://

when I first saw it I thought it was weird it was low key but figured it was the Chinese connection did not realize it had local opposition - seems to skirt the line but really is the sort of thing the RF usually avoids - conflict of interest, local politics and all that

yes Danifaul - Harry is trusting too much in his popularity
 Meghan is O/T.
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: December 08, 2016, 01:26:25 PM »

The Prime Minister of St Lucia has been behind this St Lucia Turf Club project as has his Cabinet. The Governor General of St Lucia would have  known of this sod turning engagement. Harry travelled on his tour with a number of advisers, not just Yes men, but ELF and others. They would have known. If there had been any conflict of interest then Harry would have been advised not to do it. Jack Warren is in charge of the Queen's bloodstock and stables. How do we know the Queen wasn't aware of what Mr Warren was in the Caribbean for? She is almost as close to Jack Warren and his wife as she once was to Lord Porchester. I have also read in one article that members of the Press Pack following Harry on tour were present.

What's the subtext here? That Harry is a secret investor in the St Lucia Turf Club. That he is just as corrupt as his Uncle Andrew and has his fingers in something wrong? That he sneaked off on his own account without anyone knowing to do this supposedly heinous thing?  If that's the imputation where is the evidence for it?

This ceremony was witnessed by many people including local government ministers and the Prime Minister of St Lucia. Harry would have informed members of his entourage from KP of this and if there had been anything wrong at all in his attending then he would have been advised not to. Jakie and Zoe Warren and Jakie's sister Suzannah are three of Harry's greatest friends. Is their long friendship suspect in some way? It seems to me that that's the suggestion in some previous posts on this.

http://www.investstlucia....an-to-transform-the-south

It was also mentioned in the Daily Express, so their correspondent knew about it as well.

http://www.express.co.uk/...ia-cricket-prime-minister
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:43:45 PM by rosella » Logged
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: December 08, 2016, 03:01:45 PM »

The Prime Minister of St Lucia has been behind this St Lucia Turf Club project as has his Cabinet. The Governor General of St Lucia would have  known of this sod turning engagement. Harry travelled on his tour with a number of advisers, not just Yes men, but ELF and others. They would have known. If there had been any conflict of interest then Harry would have been advised not to do it. Jack Warren is in charge of the Queen's bloodstock and stables. How do we know the Queen wasn't aware of what Mr Warren was in the Caribbean for? She is almost as close to Jack Warren and his wife as she once was to Lord Porchester. I have also read in one article that members of the Press Pack following Harry on tour were present.

What's the subtext here? That Harry is a secret investor in the St Lucia Turf Club. That he is just as corrupt as his Uncle Andrew and has his fingers in something wrong? That he sneaked off on his own account without anyone knowing to do this supposedly heinous thing?  If that's the imputation where is the evidence for it?

This ceremony was witnessed by many people including local government ministers and the Prime Minister of St Lucia. Harry would have informed members of his entourage from KP of this and if there had been anything wrong at all in his attending then he would have been advised not to. Jakie and Zoe Warren and Jakie's sister Suzannah are three of Harry's greatest friends. Is their long friendship suspect in some way? It seems to me that that's the suggestion in some previous posts on this.

http://www.investstlucia....an-to-transform-the-south

It was also mentioned in the Daily Express, so their correspondent knew about it as well.

http://www.express.co.uk/...ia-cricket-prime-minister

This wasn't a secret. Pictures of it were posted during the time of the visit and the press knew and reported on it.It may very well have some local opposition, but for all official intent and purposes, there was nothing wrong with it. (not going to get into the larger issues with Chinese funding for things in the developing world though :/)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: