Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Belgian State Visit to the Netherlands. Nov 2016  (Read 10288 times)
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 11:42:38 PM »

OMG, Mathildes face really doesn't look herself anymore, and her eye makeup tonight is horrible.
White eyeliner pasted on like opaque white?

But very nice & massive display of carats going on there ...
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 12:58:40 AM »

I hate the outfits from the queens both on the arrival as well as during the state dinner. Max doesn't understand the less is more memo IMHO and I'm surprised the royal house published this pic on their facebook

too much cleavage IMHO  Yikes

About Mathilde she needs some color - this beige dress does nothing for her  Crazy and her hairdo is so old lady style. She could pass for the same age of Princess Magriet or even Beatrix because of her posture...

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 09:16:41 AM »

Max's outfit is a repeat, she has worn it for the first time at the Gala in honor of the wedding of Gui & Linus (Luxembourg, 2012)

It is from Dutch designer Jan Taminiau , his 2012 Autumn/Winter collection

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 03:08:48 PM »

Lunch with the PM:

Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 05:25:45 PM »

/It's quite funny to see Dam Square so empty of tourists, pigeons and living statues (and the hotdog cart).
Also, the road that goes along Madame Tussaud's is normally full of taxis and bicycles (especially bicycles, it's a main thoroughgfare), all trying to avoid the moron pedestrians that still think it's OK to cross when the traffic lights are red. And not just the tourists./

When I lived in Amsterdam in the beginning of the 2000th the Dam Square was my favourite place to stroke about on Sundays. The Royal Palace often appeared a touch too sombre and composed, so to speak, but dignified just the same. Never had an opportunity to see any royal event at the time, but if I was to comment this one (from the fashion point of view) I'd say Maxima's coat? poncho? caftan? is not a proper choice for the occasion, Mathilde should start covering her knees ASAP, and I really like the return of proper aristo-hats  Halo

Btw Pomme, do you go to the square for winter skating when it's in place? I think that beautiful arrangement of yours is so fascinatingly Dutch... miss you Amster, miss you Dam... Sad

My best regards to all posters from the Netherlands  Hug

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 05:31:58 PM »

/It's quite funny to see Dam Square so empty of tourists, pigeons and living statues (and the hotdog cart).
Also, the road that goes along Madame Tussaud's is normally full of taxis and bicycles (especially bicycles, it's a main thoroughgfare), all trying to avoid the moron pedestrians that still think it's OK to cross when the traffic lights are red. And not just the tourists./

When I lived in Amsterdam in the beginning of the 2000th the Dam Square was my favourite place to stroke about on Sundays. The Royal Palace often appeared a touch too sombre and composed, so to speak, but dignified just the same. Never had an opportunity to see any royal event at the time, but if I was to comment this one (from the fashion point of view) I'd say Maxima's coat? poncho? caftan? is not a proper choice for the occasion, Mathilde should start covering her knees ASAP, and I really like the return of proper aristo-hats  Halo

Btw Pomme, do you go to the square for winter skating when it's in place? I think that beautiful arrangement of yours is so fascinatingly Dutch... miss you Amster, miss you Dam... Sad

My best regards to all posters from the Netherlands  Hug

For the last years you will find such a lovey skating rings in several Dutch places around Christmas time.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 05:57:22 PM »

Max's outfit is a repeat, she has worn it for the first time at the Gala in honor of the wedding of Gui & Linus

It definitely fitted her better yesterday, she has lost some kilos since 2012, and obviously part of them in the bust/ upper arms area.
2012 she looked squeezed in, yesterday the cleavage looked just nice and proper.

Wonder what she did to that that Muppet stola yesterday - it also seems to have lost some kilos/volume since 2012 ...
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 06:04:17 PM »

Max's outfit is a repeat, she has worn it for the first time at the Gala in honor of the wedding of Gui & Linus

It definitely fitted her better yesterday, she has lost some kilos since 2012, and obviously part of them in the bust/ upper arms area.
2012 she looked squeezed in, yesterday the cleavage looked just nice and proper.

Wonder what she did to that that Muppet stola yesterday - it also seems to have lost some kilos/volume since 2012 ...

Indeed it seems smaller. But in 2012 she wore it mostly off shoulder (in the pictures), I can image it gets more crumbled up and looks to have more volume. This time in the pictures she is wearing it on the shoulders, getting it more stretched (and looking to have less volume).

2012 & 2016
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2016, 06:07:36 PM »

With regard to the jewelry of the royal ladies:
http://www.thecourtjewell...-visit-state-banquet.html
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2016, 06:15:35 PM »

Source: website Dutch royal House (http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl)

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2016, 06:30:11 PM »

I never knew that Belgium has a second-level order (the red sash).  I don't recall ever seeing that one before. 

I hate that evening gown that Max is wearing.  It is so "loud" that it's even too loud for Max. 

I also really dislike that Nine Provinces tiara in its complete form.  It's too busy and the design is not pretty.  I love the bandeau on its own, but the arches of the nine provinces are a bit much.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2016, 08:29:10 PM »

The red one is the Order of the Crown.

There is even a third one, ranking lowest, called Order of the Leopold II, this comes with a blue sash with a black stripe (in the grand cross form).
Lalla Salma is one of the recipients.
She's wearing it in this pic, albeit I do not know when it was taken. But that's what the sash of this 3rd in rank order looks like.

sal98

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2016, 08:57:39 PM »

I always wonder - what  language do they all speak when they are together? What language would employees of the organizations they are visiting use while speaking with the two queens?
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2016, 10:24:00 PM »

The red one is the Order of the Crown.

There is even a third one, ranking lowest, called Order of the Leopold II, this comes with a blue sash with a black stripe (in the grand cross form).
Lalla Salma is one of the recipients.
She's wearing it in this pic, albeit I do not know when it was taken. But that's what the sash of this 3rd in rank order looks like.

Thanks, Kaiserin.  Star  Very odd that they'd give the monarch's wife their third-level order.  Thinking  I wonder if there is a condition of the recipient being Christian in order to be eligible for the first two orders.   Thinking
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: