Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Belgian State Visit to the Netherlands. Nov 2016  (Read 9324 times)
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2016, 10:36:59 PM »

In regards to Lalla Salma it could be that as she is the first consort of Morocco to actually have a title (Princess not Queen) and thus she doesn't get the same order as a consort of similar rank/status?
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2016, 10:47:02 PM »

In regards to Lalla Salma it could be that as she is the first consort of Morocco to actually have a title (Princess not Queen) and thus she doesn't get the same order as a consort of similar rank/status?

Maybe, but if that's the case, she should have got the second-tier order like Margriet and Peter of Belgium, and not the third-tier order.   Thinking
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2016, 12:12:55 AM »

Lalla Salma obviously got it in October 2004, during a charity visit of then Queen Paola to Morooco. It was obviously not given on the occasion of an official state visit, but, from what I could find, in honor of charitable work.
Maybe that's a good enough explanation for not getting her the red sash Order.

ETA: There does not seem to be any religious precodition for 1st and 2nd tier orders, as e.g. the Order of the Leopold was given to Abdullah of Jordan and Rania by Philippe, as well as to Erdogan and Xi Jingpin, which all are not of Christian religion.

M6, in turn, is even listed for Grand Cordon of Order of the Leopold (i.e. 1st tier), but without proof in Wiki - but apart from Lalla Salma, also Lalla Hasma, Lalla Asna and Prince Moulay Rachid are listed as proven recipients of Leopold II, the same day as Lalla Salma.

Then again, even Wax & Max got their pink Leopold only in  2016, before, they had the red one only.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:40:21 AM by Kaiserin » Logged
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2016, 03:43:40 AM »

Lalla Salma obviously got it in October 2004, during a charity visit of then Queen Paola to Morooco. It was obviously not given on the occasion of an official state visit, but, from what I could find, in honor of charitable work.
Maybe that's a good enough explanation for not getting her the red sash Order.

ETA: There does not seem to be any religious precodition for 1st and 2nd tier orders, as e.g. the Order of the Leopold was given to Abdullah of Jordan and Rania by Philippe, as well as to Erdogan and Xi Jingpin, which all are not of Christian religion.

M6, in turn, is even listed for Grand Cordon of Order of the Leopold (i.e. 1st tier), but without proof in Wiki - but apart from Lalla Salma, also Lalla Hasma, Lalla Asna and Prince Moulay Rachid are listed as proven recipients of Leopold II, the same day as Lalla Salma.

Then again, even Wax & Max got their pink Leopold only in  2016, before, they had the red one only.

Interesting.  I never knew they only had Leo II.  I'd love to know how they decide this. 
Qua Patet Orbis

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2016, 08:50:33 AM »

I hate the outfits from the queens both on the arrival as well as during the state dinner. Max doesn't understand the less is more memo IMHO and I'm surprised the royal house published this pic on their facebook

too much cleavage IMHO  Yikes

About Mathilde she needs some color - this beige dress does nothing for her  Crazy and her hairdo is so old lady style. She could pass for the same age of Princess Magriet or even Beatrix because of her posture...

To be honest Mathilde is really wiping the floor with Maxima on terms of clothing choices so far on this visit. Mathilde shows that elegance always wins over tacky vulgair choices Maxima makes regarding het outfits.
Missynat

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2016, 08:57:23 AM »

Philippe, Mathilde, Wax, Max, Beatrix, Margriet, Constantijn and Laurentien attended a concert at the Centre for Fine Arts (BOZAR) in Amsterdam.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2016, 09:15:39 AM »

Max's is again on a recycling tour:

2008 Visit Brazil to NL:

2008 Movie Premiere:

2011 Visit NL to Germany

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2016, 10:18:53 AM »

Tulip of Nonsense

Medium Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2016, 02:34:24 PM »

I hate the outfits from the queens both on the arrival as well as during the state dinner. Max doesn't understand the less is more memo IMHO and I'm surprised the royal house published this pic on their facebook

too much cleavage IMHO  Yikes

About Mathilde she needs some color - this beige dress does nothing for her  Crazy and her hairdo is so old lady style. She could pass for the same age of Princess Magriet or even Beatrix because of her posture...

I am not a fan at all of this particular tiara that Maxima is wearing. Beautiful stones, wrong setting and shape. The dress looks like being on loan from a cheap cabaret if you want my opinion. And well, even if you start throwing eggs at me, I'll still say that in all the photos Beatrix is present the Queen is Her.  Confused

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Missynat

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »

Mathilde and Max visited the Utrecht Central Station in Utrecht on last day of the 3 day official state visit to the Netherlands.  Mathilde wore a gray outfit by Esmeralda Ammoun, a Belgian designer while Max's dress is by Natan.  You can see from the photos these two are friends and have rapport.  Can you see Mosh with other Queens or Crown Princess acting like this?

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2016, 03:54:15 PM »

Mathilde and Max visited the Utrecht Central Station in Utrecht on last day of the 3 day official state visit to the Netherlands.  Mathilde wore a gray outfit by Esmeralda Ammoun, a Belgian designer while Max's dress is by Natan.  You can see from the photos these two are friends and have rapport.  Can you see Mosh with other Queens or Crown Princess acting like this?

I get a Robin Hood impression of Max's outfit 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2016, 03:56:02 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore