Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remarkable royal quotes  (Read 4374 times)
Stefanie

Large Member

Germany Germany

This was it, Fred - no way out now!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 12:09:48 PM »

Wouldn't put it past her, but in any case I think she fell off her chair laughing and wonder if he ever hears the end of it....

Mades me wonder if this is soley Mexican slang or that is more widly known.
I once encountered a Mexican exchange student who complained she had a hard time understanding another exchange student from Equador, even as they both spoke Spanish Wink
So I could understand that this meaning of the phrase/word is familiar in Mexico, but not in Argentinian Spanish (Maxima's Spanish)

This "confusion" happens a lot all throughout Latin America - where I used to live "coger un autobus" just meant "catching a bus", in other parts of LA it translated to "having sexual intercourse with a bus" which got me countless irritated looks...

\"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.\" (Václav Havel)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 12:23:04 PM »

Wouldn't put it past her, but in any case I think she fell off her chair laughing and wonder if he ever hears the end of it....

I once encountered a Mexican exchange student who complained she had a hard time understanding another exchange student from Equador, even as they both spoke Spanish Wink
So I could understand that this meaning of the phrase/word is familiar in Mexico, but not in Argentinian Spanish (Maxima's Spanish)

This "confusion" happens a lot all throughout Latin America - where I used to live "coger un autobus" just meant "catching a bus", in other parts of LA it translated to "having sexual intercourse with a bus" which got me countless irritated looks...

Laughing
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 08:18:10 PM »

Irritated looks? My my they sure had been polite... Laughing

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Kimothy

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 09:09:58 PM »

Stefanie, I almost peed my pants just now!!!!!!!!  Laughing  A  Star for you, just for that!

And yes, the same sentence can have different meanings depending on the country you're from, even if you speak the same language (Spanish, in this case). My mom is from Colombia and various sayings might mean one thing to her but may mean something else to someone from Chile.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 11:19:31 AM »

With thanks to:http://royalbloopers.tumblr.com/

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2017, 02:26:34 PM »

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2017, 02:27:54 PM »

Burnnnnnnnnnnnnn  Laughing Laughing

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2017, 02:30:22 PM »

Some Queen Juliana Quotes

“I can't understand it. I can't even understand the people who can understand it.”

"Our child will not be raised in tissue paper! We don't even want her to hear the word princess."

“It must be wonderful sport to contradict each other.”
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2017, 02:32:40 PM »

“I learned the way a monkey learns — by watching its parents.” — Prince Charles

“I have to be seen to be believed.” — Queen Elizabeth

“Like all the best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and wayward youngsters and of family disagreements.” — Queen Elizabeth

“As I learned from growing up, you don't mess with your grandmother.” — Prince William

“Father told me that if I ever met a lady in a dress like yours, I must look her straight in the eyes.” — Prince Charles to a beauty queen

"Golf seems to be an arduous way to go for a walk. I prefer to take the dogs out.” — Princess Anne
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2017, 02:53:45 PM »

"Here in the Netherlands there are towns that take part in the throwing of toilet bowls for a laugh" - Willem-Alexander

“Ik ben bang dat ik niet van jullie ga afkomen” - Friso in an interview on the eve of his wedding in reply on the question if he would miss the journalists in London.
("I am afraid I am not getting rid of you")

”In het land is mijn vrouw de baas, thuis ben ik dat.” - prince Bernhard
("In the country my wife is the boss, at home it's me")

”Ik zal je koningin maken, dan heb je niemand om mee te spelen.” - young queen Wilhelmina in 1891 to one of her dolls
("I will make you queen, then you have nobody to play with")

"Maak je geen zorgen. Je moet alleen maar glimlachen en de mensen antwoord geven en daarna kunnen we weer gaan spelen." - Maxima repeats a remark Amalia made against youngest sister Ariane
("Don't worry. You only need to smile and answer the people and then afterwards we can play again")

Applause when, after Queen Maxima defines being a #feminist as ‘wanting equal rights & free choice’, Merkel says: “Then I am one.”

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2017, 10:24:49 AM »

Where did you get that hat?
- Prince Philip to Queen Elizabeth at her coronation; the hat being, of course, her crown.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2017, 10:30:01 AM »

Guest: “I’m sorry to hear you’re standing down”
Duke of Edinburgh: “Well I can’t stand up much longer”
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: