Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The RD birthday and reminiscence thread  (Read 4875 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« on: December 18, 2016, 11:01:38 PM »

A BIG thank you to Hester for reminding us of our birthday Champagne
I know there are a few threads here and there, but let's make this one the official one, if that's okay with you all Smiley

10 years ago in these very hours Thomas were doing the last changes to the set up of what we thought would be a small forum for those of us left behind in the big Royal Blue closing bang. And here we are, 10 years later with a no longer small forum, losts of poster come and gone and some epic moments of dishing gone down through the time. Considering how silly some of the royals out there act, I dare say there will always be something to dish about so in the light, the future looks bright Champagne

It's very flattering to read all the cheering and thank you's - truly I feel this board is nothing but the posters though Smiley There are many we could wish to thank - some are still here, some are sadly not. Everyone who posts here and does so in the RD way - I feel most of us knows what that means? - are worthy of a thank you though so: Thank you ALL for posting here, we hope you will continue to do so for as long as we can keep it up Champagne

Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 11:03:24 PM »

Happy birthday RD!

Thanks for all the work you do, Maria and Thomas!
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 11:09:17 PM »

Thank you, Maria and Thomas, for the good times, the times that tested us, and the times that made us better.  I remember the RB debacle and the birth of RD and am grateful to all who make this board such an amazing community.

Champagne
AddiesGirl

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 11:11:59 PM »

Yay!!! Happy 10th anniversary Maria and Thomas! Thanks for all the hard work and effort you put into keeping this board going and growing!!! Champagne

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 11:21:26 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RD....and to many more years of dishing Champagne

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 11:23:53 PM »

Happiest of happy birthdays to royal dish and Maria + Thomas. Many a damp day has passed with enjoyment reading older treads of the nicest dish 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. Here's to many more years of witty dishing .
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 11:30:23 PM »

I LOVE the Danish bubbles that are raining down on the site.  So cute!

I love this place, and I've made some very good friends here over the years.   Hug
melusina

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 11:40:29 PM »

Happy Bday and a huge THANK YOU to Thomas and Maria  Champagne Star Star Star
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 11:53:44 PM »

Happy Birthday RD!

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 11:56:55 PM »

Dannish bubbles rain!!!!!!!!!!

again, happy birthday and thank you Maria and Thomas for creating and maintaining this place!!!!!!  Champagne

AddiesGirl

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 12:15:32 AM »

Hey, this is a birthday and reminiscence thread, can we have some war stories from the old timers? As a newbie I sometimes wonder what it must have been like in the wild, wild west of RD history
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 12:37:48 AM »

I remember getting the invite to join RD, most of us were still posting on Royal Blue. The site has slowed down in the last few years but I believe it is due to the gap years that we are in right now. The crown couples are in their 40s and their children aren't old enough to be dished about. As for the memories, I guess the first big one on this site was Isabella's birth but I still have my favourite moments

1. Vic and Dan's wedding was the most outstanding dishing, 3 full days of dishing.
2. 2008 Olympics in China and the Australian visit that followed.
3. Sometimes over looked, Italy and Croatian trip in 2009 Mary in a bikini and without makeup. 
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 12:54:40 AM »

Hey, this is a birthday and reminiscence thread, can we have some war stories from the old timers? As a newbie I sometimes wonder what it must have been like in the wild, wild west of RD history

Well it was Galuh and her Mary / Michael Jackson lookalike pic that got me hooked. I remember it was a wet Sunday ( what's new in Ireland ) had me laughing like a hyena on speed . That made me join 😂

AddiesGirl

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 02:17:36 AM »

Well it was Galuh and her Mary / Michael Jackson lookalike pic that got me hooked. I remember it was a wet Sunday ( what's new in Ireland ) had me laughing like a hyena on speed . That made me join 😂

Laughing Aye, so twas a fine fair day in the Emerald Isle then! LOL I love this, more, more, come on vets!
 Star Star tigerben and Barrie
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 02:21:13 AM »

We're raining Danish colors!  Jumping   Just don't let NQM hear it. Otherwise, she may try to barge in.... Secret

I was on RB and when it went down, I got an invite to join RD. I looked into it. It's a sleepy small forum with few posts. So I wondered in the sugarlandwild for a few years before finally joining RD. There are many memorable dishing moments. F&M have given us so many materials. W&K, H&MM, CP&S, Spanish Enthusiasts.... The happiest dishing moment for me has to be JC's abdication and Felipe's proclamation.

Congrats to Thomas, Maria and all the dishers who have made this place it is today from the humble beginning. Many years more!  Champagne

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 02:30:12 AM by Laprincess » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: