Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Felipe's Christmas Eve Speech  (Read 6232 times)
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: December 24, 2016, 10:35:53 PM »

This year, he spoke from his office in Zarzuela:

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 10:38:03 PM »

His speech:

"Good evening.
In these hours of Christmas I want to wish you, together with the Queen and our daughters Leonor and Sofia, happy holidays and our hope that 2017 will be a better year for all. And on a night like today, so many families who have suffered the recent floods in our country, I want to tell you especially that we are very present.

Christmas is birth, and to celebrate with joy what is born is to have faith in the future. It is at times like these, when the personal and collective feelings of affection, friendship and fraternity, created through our coexistence, remind us of the great common heritage that we share. A heritage that deserves the care of all and that we must all help protect as the best we have and are; As the best of what unites us.

As is tradition, allow me tonight to share with you some reflections on our present and our future, seeking to extract from everything we have lived, especially during this 2016, that best helps us to move forward.

It has always been said that the most difficult moments in life are the best opportunities to discover our inner strength, to check our character, our true dimension. Throughout this year I have been in different places of our national geography. And I have to tell you that in all that journey through our towns and cities I have seen difficulties and problems for many of our compatriots; But also hard work, honest, sacrificed; Great capacity and talent; And, above all, determination, wanting to get ahead.

I have checked once again the value that the family has in our society, because its help has allowed many to cope with the worst moments.

I have met workers and professionals, men and women who, with their serene effort, during these long and difficult years, without losing heart or resignation, hold their families, lives and jobs with great dignity and courage.

I have also seen in many compatriots the decision to take risks to create or defend jobs, and the courage to get up and resume the task after having seen destroyed works done with enthusiasm and great sacrifice.

It could also give innumerable examples of solidarity. Many of you generously give your knowledge, your time and effort, and above all your heart, to help others; You are able to react to any emergency, always proving that, wherever it is needed, where a word of encouragement or a helping hand is needed, there is a Spaniard who demonstrates with works the greatness and the deepest soul of our earth.

As I have also been and continually witness to the work of so many public servants who, with an extraordinary vocation of service to the community, guarantee our freedoms, attend our hospitals or educate our children; Many compatriots who, inside and outside of Spain, look after our security, defend our values ​​and contribute to the advancement of science and the enrichment of culture. All of them are the image of our country and also make it possible for our State to work and that we can celebrate a day like today.

All this for me and for all of us is a reason to feel genuinely proud; And it is also a reason for hope, because a society that maintains these attitudes, convictions and values ​​can not be afraid of the future. I am sure that our collective memory will reserve a place of honor in history for these times of sacrifice and self-denial; But also of generosity and improvement.

But we have to keep looking forward building our country, also building Europe. We have to work, step by step, day by day and with a positive spirit, so that prosperity and well-being are the basis of an excited coexistence. And so there are several issues that I specifically want to talk about tonight:

It is true that the crisis has imposed great sacrifices. Today, however, we live in the hope of recovery that we have already begun. We all hope that this recovery will consolidate, that it will also allow us to create much more employment and quality, and also correct the inequalities resulting from a crisis as profound as that which we have experienced, such as to strengthen, in general, our social cohesion, which is A guarantee to ensure the stability and balance of our society.

In this sense, it is very important for all that many families can regain their standard of living and that our young people can have opportunities for future, hope and confidence; That especially the most disadvantaged or more vulnerable people have the certainty that they will not stay in the loneliness of the road that Spain has to travel in the 21st century.

On the other hand, we have overcome a complex political situation that you know well. It is important now that in our society serenity has recovered and that citizens can have the tranquility necessary to carry out their life projects. As it is also essential, for the future, that dialogue and understanding among political groups will preserve and promote the basic consensus for the better functioning of our society.

And I would like to insist tonight also on the need for us to care and improve at all times our coexistence. And coexistence always demands, and above all, respect. Respect and consideration of others, the elderly, men and women, in schools, in the workplace; Respect for the natural environment we share and sustain us. Respect and consideration also for ideas different from ours. Intolerance and exclusion, the denial of the other or contempt for the value of the opinion of others, can not fit in today's Spain.

Neither are attitudes nor behaviors that ignore or ignore the rights that have and share all the Spaniards for the organization of life in common. Vulnerating the norms that guarantee our democracy and freedom only leads first to sterile tensions and confrontations that do not solve anything and then to the moral and material impoverishment of society.

Because progress, modernization and well-being always require a democratic coexistence based on respect for the Law, a determined and loyal will to build and not to destroy, to enlarge and not to dwarf, to strengthen and not to weaken .

Because now is the time to think about the Spain that we want for the next decades, which will be the one of our young people today, and to forge it with solidity. And for this, we must concentrate our energies on looking at the world around us, and fully realize where it goes.

A very uncertain world, with great political, social or development and security challenges, for example. But among them, today I want to dwell on the advances of technology that, on a global scale, increasingly condition our daily lives.

We live a new reality that has changed the way we communicate and relate to each other; To receive information necessary to form our opinion and make decisions; That has been introduced in our companies, in our factories and in our industries, transforming the productive processes and the jobs, as we knew them. It is even transforming our colleges, universities and training centers. Never before in the history of mankind and in such a short space of time had such great changes occurred.

Today we know that it is no longer just a technological revolution: it is something much more profound. It is a new model of the world that transcends borders, societies, generations and beliefs.

In this context it is clear that we must adapt to this new and unstoppable reality and develop to the maximum our abilities to act successfully in science, economics or culture, also in industry and safety; But always preserving the human values ​​that identify and define us. We should not wait for this new reality to prevail over us; We have, on the other hand, sufficient strength and drive as a country to anticipate and assume the necessary role in the new era that opens before us.

And in that task education is - and will be without a doubt - the essential key. An education that permanently assures and updates our knowledge; But which also forms in languages ​​and culture; In civics and values; That prepares our young people to be citizens of this new world freer and more capable and able to take advantage of the experience of our elders. An education that fosters research, promotes innovation, promotes creativity and entrepreneurship as characteristics and demands of the society of the future, which is the society of our day.

I do not want to occupy your attention any longer in a night that should be a family celebration; Although I do not want to finish without telling you that I sincerely believe in a Spain that is conscious, solidary, firm in its values, far from pessimism, disillusionment or disenchantment; I believe in a Spain determined to overcome the difficulties that, although great, are also overcome.

And I have no doubt that we will be able to overcome them if we understand that we no longer live times to enclose ourselves, but to open ourselves to the world; If we are clear that they are not for fractures, for internal divisions, but to emphasize what unites us, building on our diversity; Are times to deepen in a Spain with open arms and outstretched hands, where no one stirs old grudges or open closed wounds. Times, in short, in which we have reasons and reasons more than powerful for the union, to work together, from anywhere in our great country, with enthusiasm, with ideals and projects for the best Spain.

So I feel it and I believe it. And with that deep conviction I wish you, on this night to each and every one of you and your families, a very merry Christmas.

Eguberri on / Bon Nadal / Happy holidays.
Goodnight. And Happy and prosperous 2017."

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 01:15:59 AM »

Finally, the video from CR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G64WtaH-yz8
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 06:15:05 AM »

CR compiled a video of royal activities in 2016. It's over 37 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv25sQwIRBg

- There are many snippets of Felipe's speeches but no one second of his 5 rounds of consultation with the political parties.

- Both of Letizia's speeches that are included are in English, one where she spoke at the Health & Climate Summit in Paris and one in Michele Obama's event.

- In the segment on Letizia's attendance at the Health & Climate summit in Paris, the camera shows the photographers who all gathered in front of Letizia when she sat down. Wow, there were at least two dozens or more fighting for positions.

- They only showed a few occasions where F&L greeted crowds. I think they should have shown more (and less Felipe's speeches) because they attracted HUGE crowds in just about everywhere they went.  

- Sofia was shown once at the PoA Award ceremony. I didn't see JC at all. Elena was shown in one of the sports awards.

- During the military parade when the flags passed by, Leonor looked up way too early and she turned to talk to Sofia so Sofia looked up too. I guess she still has some training to go through.  
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 06:39:33 AM by Laprincess » Logged
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 06:37:33 AM »

Here is TVE's summary of royal activities in 2016 and it's only a bit over 13 minutes.

http://www.rtve.es/alacar...it&utm_medium=twitter

- It does include those 5 rounds of consultations, swear-in of Rajoy and more activities.

- It has a bit more JC and Sofia.

- It has Felipe taking Leonor and Sofia to football games and a quick shot of Letizia at the Opera on her birthday when the orchestra played happy birthday.

EstellesBows

Medium Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 07:28:46 AM »

Family Christmas Card:

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 07:59:23 AM »

It's reported that the rein deer sweater Leonor wore sold out in minutes after the photo was released. Leonor is a little trend-setter. 
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 02:06:11 PM »

I've a lot of work to do after Christmas and I've a lot to watch it seems 

Visit us https://a-minha-vida-afinal-deu-um-blog.webnode.pt

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »

http://www.thelocal.es/20...-hits-18-year-ratings-low

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 10:03:16 PM »

Family Christmas Card:

What a beautiful picture!  Smiley
lula

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 09:16:24 PM »

http://www.casareal.es/ES...s_detalle.aspx?data=13413

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l3I5amWT-Q

@CasaReal

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 01:27:53 PM »

El Pais editorial opinion on the speech (in English)

https://elpais.com/elpais...sh/1514280102_996554.html

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 10:37:39 PM »

He looks very, very serious.
lula

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2018, 11:50:09 PM »

http://www.casareal.es/ES...s_detalle.aspx?data=13814

http://www.casareal.es/si...avidad_eng_rey_felipe.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trhdtz4i9UQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwEk-mI6q04

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2018, 12:10:35 AM »

Thanks lula  Star

the picture behind him is Leonor first public speech on her thirteenth birthday last October !

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: