Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish Royal Jewelry  (Read 24234 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: December 27, 2016, 04:58:24 AM »

Just found that

Epaulettes earrings
First seen on Victoria on the occasion of the dinner of her wedding in 2010. Originally they were the epaulettes of the gala uniform worn by The kings of Sweden. Princess Madeleine wore them on the 70th birthday of her father, King Carl XVI Gustav, in Stockholm.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 05:08:41 AM »

The tiara is made of  chiseled and polished steel, as well as golden brass. It is fashioned after the after the very popular style of the First French Empire. It was rare and expensive to create as industrial production had not made steel a widespread material.

Originally it was made for Queen Hortense of Holland (both daughter-in-law and sister-in-law of the Emperor Napoleon) with a necklace and matching earrings. In 1823 the diadem was gifted to her niece Josephne, when it married Crown Prince Oscar of Sweden, future king Oscar 1st. It remained 'hidded' until Silvia discovered it in a cupboard at the end of 1970.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 05:11:56 AM »

Queen Victoria Baden Fringe Tiara

Queen Victoria (nee Princess of Baden) Baden Corsage pin

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 05:47:22 AM »

Victoria of Baden (future queen Victoria of Sweden) is wearing a bow brooch at the waist.

Sofia secured the sash of the Royal Order of the Seraphim with that same brooch.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 09:15:24 PM »

These are great, Peeds!  Star

I had no idea that button tiara was part of a parure.  I am not a fan of that tiara, but those epaulette earrings are gorgeous.
Tatyien
Banned
Banned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 02:12:41 PM »

The tiara is made of  chiseled and polished steel, as well as golden brass. It is fashioned after the after the very popular style of the First French Empire. It was rare and expensive to create as industrial production had not made steel a widespread material.

Originally it was made for Queen Hortense of Holland (both daughter-in-law and sister-in-law of the Emperor Napoleon) with a necklace and matching earrings. In 1823 the diadem was gifted to her niece Josephne, when it married Crown Prince Oscar of Sweden, future king Oscar 1st. It remained 'hidded' until Silvia discovered it in a cupboard at the end of 1970.

Queen Silvia looks so pretty and lovely here, nice smile too.

Duchess of Verona

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 06:25:10 PM »

I love that diamond choker. I dont remember seeing it before.
Lurker

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 06:34:32 PM »

It looks like diamonds in that picture, but I think that choker, as well as the earrings, are part of the same set as the cut steel tiara.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 06:38:42 PM »

Interesting, I didn't pay attention to that. Hmmmm, we have to check that. It looks like strand of diamonds with a buckle in the front

In comparison, it's different than the one Madeleine wears:

LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 06:40:46 PM »

This post from the Court Jeweller references a choker and earrings in the cut steel parure, but I am still looking to see if there are any good pics of them.

http://www.thecourtjewell...napoleonic-cut-steel.html
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 06:42:31 PM »

It looks like diamonds in that picture, but I think that choker, as well as the earrings, are part of the same set as the cut steel tiara.

You might be right Lurker, here is another photo of that choker

Edit: TAAADAAAAAAAAAA

The tiara actually has matching earrings and a choker, making it the Steel Cut Demi-Parure technically. The earrings and choker are rarely seen. The left photo is from over 20 years ago, Silvia wore it during a state visit to Iceland. (The right photo is much more recent.)

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 06:46:45 PM »

BTW, this is Hortense de Beauharnais (stepdaughter of Napoleon I, married Louis Bonaparte, Queen of Holland)

Eugene de Beauharnais was the son of Josephine ,wife of Napoleon (Napoleon's step son). He was a general in Naploeons army and Napoleon gave him the territory of Naples (Eugene was the first viceroy of Italy). Napoleon was forced to divorce Josephine because she could bear no more children - ironically, Napoleon's future heirs all died, and Eugene's bloodline went on to populate the royal houses of Europe.

LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 06:49:49 PM »

I have to say I see why it's not worn very often.  I could see the earrings looking nice if deployed correctly, but the choker isn't one that meshes well with modern styles IMO and especially not on the younger royals.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 06:54:17 PM »

Here she is with her Sapphire Parure, wonder what happened to it.

Silvia's looks different

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 07:03:31 PM »

This sapphire parure is now exposed at the Louvres museum. It passed from Hortense to Queen Marie-Amelie in the Orleans family. The late Count Henri of Paris sold it to the Louvre in 1965.

Better views of the whole parure here  : http://diamantsdelacouron...oucles%20et%20broche.html

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: