Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish Royal Jewelry  (Read 24131 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 07:06:14 PM »

This sapphire parure is now exposed at the Louvres museum. It passed from Hortense to Queen Marie-Amelie in the Orleans family. The late Count Henri of Paris sold it to the Louvre in 1965.

Better views of the whole parure here  : http://diamantsdelacouron...oucles%20et%20broche.html

Thanks, Elissa  Star  it's BEAUTIFUL 

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 07:45:57 PM »

One of the best sapphire parures IMO  Beer  Star

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 07:54:32 PM »

This sapphire parure is now exposed at the Louvres museum. It passed from Hortense to Queen Marie-Amelie in the Orleans family. The late Count Henri of Paris sold it to the Louvre in 1965.

Better views of the whole parure here  : http://diamantsdelacouron...oucles%20et%20broche.html

Gorgeous.     I like that tiara better than the sapphire tiara Silvia has worn. 

I mean, don't get me wrong-I'd wear either one if I had the chance.  Tongue  I just really like the design of the one in the Louvre.
Ktc

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 02:57:02 AM »

Great topic! I find the Swedish jewels some of the best. Oos is a great resource and quite fun to peruse 
Baron Brockdorf

Medium Member

Malta Malta

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 01:11:39 PM »

Great thread!
The Swedish royals have a foundation called the Bernadotte foundation started by Queen Victoria I think, basically its a foundation for historic jewellery. The jewellery in the foundation is owned by the head of the dynasty- not a particular person but specifically the head of the dynasty so for now its CG, when he dies itll be Vik, and these jewels cannot be sold or removed from the foundation, to ensure that historic jewellery always remains with the monarch, who can then share it with other members. Order of Precedence goes: 1.Queen 2. blood princesses 3. married in princesses
Jewellery in the foundation include:
The Braganza Diamond Parure
It includes (a very large tiara, a pair of earrings with 30ct(!!!!) drops which can be worn in two settings, a collect necklace and a brooch- this set is reserved solely for the Queens of Sweden.

The Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure:
It includes A Diamond and Sappire tiara, a large necklace, a brooch, a pair of earrings, and a pairs of hair pins, also reserved for the Queens of Sweden

The Queen usually wears a sapphire bracelet with this set which the court refers to as ' a bracelet from the crown jewels' http://www.kungahuset.se/...a62ce13848168ac53edf.html
 no other info is given about it, not sure if theres another foundation which is specifically called the crown jewels (apart from the regalia of course) and sure what jewels there are in it. When I visited the museum of the crown jewels in Gamla Stan I dont remember seeing a sapphire bracelet there
these are the best pics I could find- look at her right wrist

The Cameo Parure:
Includes a tiara, necklace, pair of earrings, bracelet, and brooch, usually reserved for the Queen

Queen Sofia's Diamond Tiara- The Pronger, usually reserved for the Queen

The Baden Fringe Tiara

The Cut Steel Parure:
It includes the large cut steel tiara, a pair of earrings, a bracelet and a choker. Apparently the small cut steel tiara and the comb are not part of the foundation.

The Amethysts Parure
It includes a tiara, necklace/2bracelets, 2 brooches and earrings

The Emerald Demi-Parure,

The Pink Topaz Demi-Parure

The Pearl Demi-Parure

Diamond Collet Necklace and Pendant

Queen Josefinas Diamond Stomacher

Pearl and Diamond Choker

The Vasa Earrings

The King Carl Johan Earrings

Diamond Rose Brooch

Diamond Bracelet

Diamond Bracelet 2

The Vasa Diamond Bracelet

The (many many) Vasa Buttons

Later on ill do a post on jewellery not part of the foundation and therefore can be gifted or sold Smiley
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 02:28:39 PM by Baron Brockdorf » Logged
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 01:27:23 PM »

All this jewellery in the Bernadotte Collection is absolutely superb.  I'm sitting here drooling...
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 02:31:26 PM »

The Baden Fringe Tiara is usually reserved for the Crown Princess, though the Queen has worn it since Victoria.
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 02:59:55 PM »

Is the Connaught/Princess Sibylla's tiara part of the foundation?
gudgeon

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2016, 05:04:55 PM »

Great thread!
The Swedish royals have a foundation called the Bernadotte foundation started by Queen Victoria I think, basically its a foundation for historic jewellery. The jewellery in the foundation is owned by the head of the dynasty- not a particular person but specifically the head of the dynasty so for now its CG, when he dies itll be Vik, and these jewels cannot be sold or removed from the foundation, to ensure that historic jewellery always remains with the monarch, who can then share it with other members. Order of Precedence goes: 1.Queen 2. blood princesses 3. married in princesses

Star Baron Brockdorf - thank you SO much for those amazing pictures and info about the jewelry foundation. I'll just go wipe all this drool of my chin now   Drool

IMO the SRF have the BEST jewels! Especially since they wear them so often 

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2016, 05:25:51 PM »

No wonder Madde wore the Connaught as a necklace even though her dress didn't suite it. She comes before Sofia in choosing and she wanted to make sure she couldn't get it to match her pink dress.
Lady Excelsie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2016, 05:29:45 PM »

The Swedish Royal Jewels are spectacular. I have long admired Queen Silvia's Jewels and the individual distinctions attached to each pieces. I would love to learn more about the historical background to each acquired pieces if there is any way of cataloging the pieces or sets and the dates in which the pieces were acquired and the original recipient(s).😊😁 I see at the beginning of the thread the historical significance provided for some of the pieces. It gives the pieces such a valuable insights. Thank you PeDe for this thread. While I love Royal dishing, I also love the historical values and knowledge I take away from this Forum. I have learned so much about the various Royals history in such a short period of time. 😊
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:48:35 PM by Lady Excelsie » Logged
Baron Brockdorf

Medium Member

Malta Malta

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2016, 05:49:13 PM »

Now im going to post about historic jewellery not part of the foundation (as far as know because theres no official list of what is part of the foundation)
The connaught diamond tiara. owner: The King

The connaught ruby and diamond tiara. Owner: The King

The Laurel Wreath Tiara. Owner: Victoria

Allegedly not part of the foundation: The Small cut steel tiara  and Comb. Allegedly owned by Victoria:

The Modern Fringe Tiara/ The King Carl Gustaf Diamond Fringe tiara. Owner: not sure who tbh either The Queen or Madde
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/...gPh9wWKU/s1600/_Tiara.jpg

Victoria's Diamond and Sapphire Tiara. owner: Victoria

Madeleine's Diamond and Aquamarine Tiara. owner: Madde

The Scarab Pearl, Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, and Amethyst Necklace. Owner: The Queen

Diamond Floral Earrings. Owner: The Queen

Queen Josefina's 3 strand pearl necklace, and small pearl drop earrings. Owner: The King

Princess Sybilla's monogrammed pearl necklace. Owner: The King

Queen Sofia's monogrammed diamond and pearl bracelet. Owner: The King

Queen Josefina's diamond, pearl, and ruby brooch. Owner: The King

Lilians Diamond and pearl leaf brooch. Owner: The Queen

Queen Sofia's Diamond cross. Owner: The King

Diamond Lozenge Brooch. Owner: the King

Pearl bracelet. Owner: The King

The Baden Devant corsage. Owner: Not sure tbh Worn for the 1st time this year in 100 years maybe the king maybe part of foundation

The baden diamond pearl drop brooch. Owner: The King

Baden Pearl Brooch. Owner: The King

Baden Bow brooch/ Owner: The King

Diamond Bow brooch. Owner; The King

Queen Sofia Diamond Monogrammed brooch. Owner: The King

Large Diamond Bar Brooch. Owner: The King

The Sapphire, Pearl and Diamond Necklace from the Processional Jewels. Owner: not known-either King or foundation

Lilians Diamond and Aquamarine Ring. Owner: Madde

Diamond Leaf Brooch. Owner: The King

Small Baden diamond pearl and drop brooch. Owner: The King

Baden Pearl and Diamond Brooch. Owner: The King

Many Diamond Rivieres. Owner the King

Diamond Arrow Brooch. Owner: The King

Diamond Epualette Earrings. Owner: Uncertain, both Vic and Madde have worn these, perhaps the king

Pearl Rope. Owner: The King

Queen Silvia's 'Everyday' rings

The Diamond Grenadier brooch. Owner: The King

Of course its impossible to document every single piece of jewellery given the vastness of the Swedish Royal vaults, and ownership questions may be difficult to answer at times but so far this is what I found, if I find more things Ill add of course. Ill do more posts on lost jewellery and the hag jewellery later on
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:00:42 PM by Baron Brockdorf » Logged
Lady Excelsie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2016, 05:57:23 PM »

Awesome Job PeDe❤. Thank you💕. The Jewels are magnificent😊 Grin
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2016, 06:02:18 PM »

Great thread!

I'm loving the order of precedence.  Madde will always take precedence over the Snake, and when Leonore becomes of age, she'll also take precedence over Hoefia.   Thumb up 
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2016, 06:02:42 PM »

Awesome Job PeDe❤. Thank you💕. The Jewels are magnificent😊 Grin

I agree, wonderful thread indeed 😍
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: