Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish Royal Jewelry  (Read 24143 times)
PinkPanther

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2018, 07:47:39 AM »

hang on. what pieces of jewellery actually got stolen please?

Not all these images of jewellery are stolen?

sorry. I am confused b Crazy Blush

G Confused

None of the jewels pictured in this thread got stolen. The jewels that were taken by thieves this past week were made in the 17th century for King Karl IX and his wife Kristina's respective funerals. They were on display at Strängnäs Cathedral and the thieves escaped by boat and remain at large.

The two crowns and the orb in the center of this photo are what was taken.

Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2018, 12:44:00 PM »

hang on. what pieces of jewellery actually got stolen please?

Not all these images of jewellery are stolen?

sorry. I am confused b Crazy Blush

G Confused

A protegé of Christina's husband, a young Somali immigrant with a criminal record who Tord Magnusson was mentoring, stole jewelry worth about $80 000 from Christina's home in 2012. He allegedly panicked and dumped it in the water outside the castle in central Stockholm. Divers tried to look for it, but nothing was found.
One of the pieces that was stolen was a small diamond tiara that Christina had inherited from her mother, princes Sibylla, the one pictured below. The other things that were stolen were two rings, a bracelet, a gold medal and some cuff links.

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2018, 01:04:32 PM »

A protegé of Christina's husband, a young Somali immigrant with a criminal record who Tord Magnusson was mentoring, stole jewelry worth about $80 000 from Christina's home in 2012. He allegedly panicked and dumped it in the water outside the castle in central Stockholm. Divers tried to look for it, but nothing was found.
One of the pieces that was stolen was a small diamond tiara that Christina had inherited from her mother, princes Sibylla, the one pictured below. The other things that were stolen were two rings, a bracelet, a gold medal and some cuff links.

No offence meant, but I highly doubt he threw the jewelry in the water...Dismantled and sold it would be my guess...IMHO.

Concerning the crowns and orb stolen, I just hope they will be find before being melted or irremediably damaged.

Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2018, 01:31:56 PM »

No offence meant, but I highly doubt he threw the jewelry in the water...Dismantled and sold it would be my guess...IMHO.

Concerning the crowns and orb stolen, I just hope they will be find before being melted or irremediably damaged.

Yes, that seems to be the common view. Why throw it away? If he started to feel guilty he could have put it back in the safe. It took weeks before they noticed that the things were missing.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2018, 01:15:12 AM »

So Madeleine is wearing the pearl choker that belonged to Victoria of Baden, later Queen Victoria of Sweden

And this is Skanks "personal" present (?)

debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2018, 01:28:20 AM »

So Madeleine is wearing the pearl choker that belonged to Victoria of Baden, later Queen Victoria of Sweden

And this is Skanks "personal" present (?)

Interesting isn't it that she went with choker like madde and paired it with a tiara like madde. I'm sure she has access to other tiaras, she's worn them before. But no, she went for the madde combo.

Because of course she hasn't got any initiative bone in her body.

I Still remember the SWF gown from last year (?) Nobel prize.
karma chamelion

Medium Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2018, 01:35:46 AM »

If I were the designer I wouldn't take credit for it, it looks cheap and tacky. The bars are thin and dig into the snakeskin. The diamonds are what my daughter calls Canardly's, you can 'ardly see them. Can't get over how stalkerish it is to copy your royal sil's necklace for your very own

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2018, 02:18:17 AM »

I wouldn't either, because what the designer did is basically copy a necklace/choker that belonged to one Queens of Sweden. And that's just plagerism. I would be embarrased as a designer, making a cheap copy of what is a family heirloom.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 02:48:17 AM by PeDe » Logged

Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2018, 02:38:03 AM »

I only hope Sofia had to purchase an almost exact copy of Mad’s choker because when she asked Madeleine to borrow it, Madde’s response was, “the f*ck”?

I wouldn't either, because what the designer did is basically copy a necklace/choker that belonged to one queen of Sweden. And that's just plagerism. I would be embarrased as a designer, making a cheap copy of what is a family heirloom.

Well, plagiarism is something this branch of the family is quite familiar with...
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2018, 03:11:11 AM »

I only hope Sofia had to purchase an almost exact copy of Mad’s choker because when she asked Madeleine to borrow it, Madde’s response was, “the f*ck”?

It doesn't belong to Maddie though.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2018, 04:27:28 AM »

Sofia is pretending she was given the family choker
sugarcookie

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »

To me, it would have been acceptable if she had a SMALLER choker designed for her instead of trying to out do the SRF jewel collection. I think she over compensated for her trashiness.
AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2018, 03:45:01 PM »

It's a very strange situation, the original is an heirloom but not loaded with jewels-I'm sure Victoria would have let her wear it some day. Now she has pretty much guaranteed to herself that they won't--why would they when she has one that looks so similar (especially to the non-disher eye)
Lady Excelsie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2018, 03:52:54 PM »

What is up with this copying of Madd. It makes Sofia look desperate. It is laughable that she looks like she couldnt get her hands on the real thing that she had one made to look like it with more strands. Could she be anymore pathetic. Come on Sofia, get a life. Its creepy and its no wonder Madd put some distance between her and Sofia. I would be uncomfortable if someone was this obsess with me especially if its my brother's wife. Creepy.  Confused
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2018, 04:14:41 PM »

It's a very strange situation, the original is an heirloom but not loaded with jewels-I'm sure Victoria would have let her wear it some day. Now she has pretty much guaranteed to herself that they won't--why would they when she has one that looks so similar (especially to the non-disher eye)

She’s appeared to be locked out of the jewel vaults since running afoul of Silvia over that christening get up & I don’t think she has the patience to wait for a more sympathetic Vikkan to gain control, so of course she’s going to blow through the money now.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: