Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Fred - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 20781 times)
Flanagan

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 02:23:57 PM »

Fred isn't aging well at all. Goes to show what happens when you marry someone who drains the happiness out of you.

He's been doing that tight suit thing for awhile now. I hate it with a passion. You want a natty dresser, Prince Charles is a freaking NATTY man. Gorgeous patterns and textures, beautifully cut, never a thread out of place.

^That !   Star for you  Thumb up
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 03:11:21 PM »

Unfortunately, Maria, I think it's too late.  He won't grow up and when he becomes king he'll continue to do events that reflect his interests and Mary will take on everything else.  His protectors and minders will ensure that his image will stay clean so things will remain pretty much the same  No

He will be a horrible regent, no doubt. He will fumble, stumble and embarrass the country time after time.His protectors and minders can't remove the job and it's the job he sucks at Beer Official speeches will be horrible. Every single one of them. NYE speeches? Embarrasing every.single.year (seriously, can you imagine?!). Doing press conferences before international travel/visits? Epic fails. Not being able to mostly do sports events and having to step down from the IOC? The reaction will no doubt be memorable. As much as Mary is being heavily promoted as the Next Amazing Queen she won't be the regent. She won't do the official "heavy" tasks. She can't - she's not to be the regent after all. I suspect this is part of why Fred looks like a dead man walking. He doesn't want the job. He can't avoid it either - I know he technically could but I don't see anyone actually letting him - so there's no way around it.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 03:31:25 PM »

I'm not so sure it's other people who do not let him. I suspect he doesn't want to give up the title and the perks. Chicks dig a Crown Prince. Plus, where can you get over 1 million euros for working 10 hours a week, if that? The DRF isn't that wealthy, that's why they love their benefactors. Fred likes everything other than the work. I feel sorry for Danes. You deserve better.
Pinkie

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 03:52:45 PM »

Unfortunately, Maria, I think it's too late.  He won't grow up and when he becomes king he'll continue to do events that reflect his interests and Mary will take on everything else.  His protectors and minders will ensure that his image will stay clean so things will remain pretty much the same  No

He will be a horrible regent, no doubt. He will fumble, stumble and embarrass the country time after time.His protectors and minders can't remove the job and it's the job he sucks at Beer Official speeches will be horrible. Every single one of them. NYE speeches? Embarrasing every.single.year (seriously, can you imagine?!). Doing press conferences before international travel/visits? Epic fails. Not being able to mostly do sports events and having to step down from the IOC? The reaction will no doubt be memorable. As much as Mary is being heavily promoted as the Next Amazing Queen she won't be the regent. She won't do the official "heavy" tasks. She can't - she's not to be the regent after all. I suspect this is part of why Fred looks like a dead man walking. He doesn't want the job. He can't avoid it either - I know he technically could but I don't see anyone actually letting him - so there's no way around it.
A bit off topic perhaps but is his mother a good public speaker? I only heard her giving a speech once at the climate change meeting in Copenhagen and it was seriously bad.  Secret I know she is brilliant at giving press conferences etc. but that speech was something else but perhaps it was just a one-off due to nervousness or so and I got a wrong impression?  Thinking
LouiseH

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 03:29:45 AM »

I am on Team Fred and I would love to see him do something he loved to do, including take himself out of the line of succession, if he so desires.  Can you imagine being BORN to do a job like that?
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 03:56:08 AM »

I am on Team Fred and I would love to see him do something he loved to do, including take himself out of the line of succession, if he so desires.  Can you imagine being BORN to do a job like that?

Floppy frodo already does what he loves to do: oogling blondes; sleeping with blondes; getting drunk; avoiding reality; repeat, wash, recycle.  Snare Dead

G Snare

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
LouiseH

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2017, 03:57:20 AM »

Yes, Maria sums this up well...  I know I am in the minority here but I feel very sympathetic to his plight.  The photos and videos from last New Year's (2016) festivities and the visit from the Mexican president in 2016 made it crystal clear to me in a way that was not before I saw all of that just how much he hates these "bread and butter" activities associated with being the crown prince, the regent or the King.  I know many of you think I am foolish for this but I look at him with a lot of compassion.  He is medicating himself with woman, alcohol, and drugs.  I am not saying that is OK but it is what it is.  Also I do not believe Mary will be a support to him when he is the main focus of attention. 
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2017, 02:53:07 PM »

Yes, Maria sums this up well...  I know I am in the minority here but I feel very sympathetic to his plight.  The photos and videos from last New Year's (2016) festivities and the visit from the Mexican president in 2016 made it crystal clear to me in a way that was not before I saw all of that just how much he hates these "bread and butter" activities associated with being the crown prince, the regent or the King.  I know many of you think I am foolish for this but I look at him with a lot of compassion.  He is medicating himself with woman, alcohol, and drugs.  I am not saying that is OK but it is what it is.  Also I do not believe Mary will be a support to him when he is the main focus of attention.  

I agree that he's not enjoying the "backbone" parts of the job. Which is why he should step down. He's been trained for the job his entire life and he's neither good at it (!) nor wants it. This is a great illustration of how silly modern day monarchies are. Had Fred married someone more supportive he might have gotten better at the job. Instead he married someone most supportive in faking it and it shows Beer He will do a terrible job and he'll be miserable doing it. He'd do himself and the country a huge favour by stepping down. Which he won't.. so I'm not feeling sorry for him anymore.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:49:17 PM by Maria » Logged
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2017, 03:37:09 PM »

Agreed, Maria. He deserves to be miserable if he refuses to sacrifice the perks for happiness. You can't slop through and do a poor job at what is barely a job and then "medicate" yourself because it's not what you really want to do. Lots of people overcome the circumstances of birth that involve actually working to get themselves out of that circumstance. At this point, he has four heirs and a highly competent brother who could take over the heir apparent position. If he's miserable in his marriage, that is also at least 50% his fault, if not 100% for choosing the wrong person. I think I said this elsewhere, but I am at a point of disliking him as much as I dislike Mary.
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2017, 05:40:20 PM »

Shoooooooooot.

Fred got to complain then.  He had a bad childhood due to his mother being Queen of England Denmark and all the responsibilities on both her and him.

Now Fred gets to complain even more.  He made a bad marriage due to his wife being Queen wanting desperate to be Queen of England Denmark and all the responsibilities on both her and him.

I really don't think Fred understands his position as Crown Prince of Denmark in either scenario.

When he became Crown Prince, his future was set to serve Denmark.
He could have chosen a very meaningful outlook for himself and for Denmark.
And with that strength of mind, he could have chosen NOT to marry when the time and pressure descended on him.

Ultimately, he chose to be selfish a boy prince.
He chose to be steered by those around him.
He chose to do less, think less and have others do more, this more for him.

He closed his eyes and did it for England.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:46:25 PM by Royal Me! » Logged
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2017, 06:02:34 PM »

It's impossible to feel sorry for Freddles at this point imo. He should gain a pair and dump the Bogan if is unhappy in the marriage, and tell his mother to suck it if she is not on board with the divorce. And if he feels he's not able to do the job, dump it too. Will be better for him and Denmark!

The only remotely change of feeling some compassion for this super lazy man-child is if him has some kind of mental illness and people around him won't get him any help and are forcing him to do the Clown Prince number. That would be kind of tragic...

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
LouiseH

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2017, 12:45:02 AM »

Actually, I am very sympathetic as I can on some level identify with his situation on a lot of levels.  I paid a terrible price to be free, one that most people would be unwilling to pay.  In his particular case he will never loose the notoriety of being the Crown Prince if he were to remain in Denmark particularly.  So I continue to be very sympathetic and I personally think it must be awful on so many levels.  Also he better be ready to loose everything and his entire family as well if he wants to be free.

Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2017, 02:43:02 PM »

Actually, I am very sympathetic as I can on some level identify with his situation on a lot of levels.  I paid a terrible price to be free, one that most people would be unwilling to pay.  In his particular case he will never loose the notoriety of being the Crown Prince if he were to remain in Denmark particularly.  So I continue to be very sympathetic and I personally think it must be awful on so many levels.  Also he better be ready to loose everything and his entire family as well if he wants to be free.

If Fred presents his desire to remove himself from the succession in the right way:  weeping and crying, being the martyr and all that; and maybe, let's say, he passes the crown onto Christian (because the Danes don't want Joachim  Sad), I can see that being accepted in time.  He will almost certainly receive some financial benefits from the state and continue to do his limited representative stuff.  Whichever way it goes, he's in a win-win situation.  On the other hand, I'm sure most people (and I'm right in with you LouiseH!) will only really find themselves between a rock and a hard place.

Fred will always have loopholes, you see  Wink
LMVDA

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2017, 06:39:36 PM »

Crown Prince Frederik distributes the Industry Foundation Entrepreneur Award at the Danish Tech Challenge Award Show

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:04:36 PM by LMVDA » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2017, 08:02:26 PM »

January 18
Fred helps open the exhibition Japanomania in the Nordic Countries 1875-1918 at the National Gallery of Art in Copenhagen.

Joined by the Japanese Ambassador to Denmark, Toshiro Suzuki, Fred wore a kimono to crap open a traditional barrel of sake to officially open the exhibition, before having a drink and then touring the gallery.

The exhibition has been arranged by the Gallery in conjunction with Helsinki?s Ateneum Museum and Oslo?s National Museum. The purpose of the exhibition is to highlight the influence of Japanese culture and traditions on Nordic art in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

2017 marks the 150th year of diplomatic relations between Denmark and Japan. The Crown Princes of both countries have been named Honorary Presidents of the anniversary, which according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will see a number of events in both countries to celebrate the milestone.

VIDEO HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: