Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Daisy - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 21761 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2017, 06:27:39 PM »

January 6
Daisy receives HE Norwegian Ambassador Ingvard harbor and historian Rasmus Glenthoj.
The meeting is in connection with the presentation of the book "Between Brothers. Danish-Norwegian living together for 600 years".

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »

January 7
On the occasion of NORDJYSKE Media's anniversary show at the House of Music in Aalborg
On Saturday afternoon met Queen Margrethe up to attend the show and participate in the event to media company's 250 years anniversary. By then the city's citizens got a glimpse of Her Majesty the Queen, who arrived by car to the square in front of the House of Music Saturday shortly before 16:00pm.

The red carpet was rolled out for the occasion, and NORDJYSKE Media's CEO. Editor in Chief Per Lyngby was among those who accompanied Her Majesty the Queen in the House of Music. Anniversary event in the House of Music is for invited guests.

Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 09:51:45 PM »

I love the coat! 

LouiseH

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 01:38:26 AM »

I second that, the coat is lovely.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 05:34:01 PM »

January 10
Daisy held a press conference for Icelandic journalists on the occasion of the upcoming state visit in Amalienborg

CyrilSebastian

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 09:40:56 PM »

Is Queen Margrethe II going to abdicate?    
http://royalcentral.co.uk...rethe-will-abdicate-74750
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 09:42:56 PM »

http://www.royalcentral.c...rethe-will-abdicate-74750

the link doesn't work - and NO she won't. This is a blog, and not an actual news outlet.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 02:35:12 AM »

No.  Not a snowball's chance in hell of that. 
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 02:59:50 AM »

No.  Not a snowball's chance in hell of that.  

Exactly. That article is complete nonsense. Daisy has made it explicitly clear on numerous occasions that her post is for life.

Can someone help me with this part of that article?
The Queen was asked if she felt lonely after Prince Henrik retired. Her Majesty replied: "I can not say I feel lonely. It is clear that it is something completely different when he [Prince Henrik] is with me."

She's not lonely but when she's with him, though, it is something completely different?  What exactly is she saying in this line?  

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 06:37:30 PM »

No.  Not a snowball's chance in hell of that.  

Exactly. That article is complete nonsense. Daisy has made it explicitly clear on numerous occasions that her post is for life.

Can someone help me with this part of that article?
The Queen was asked if she felt lonely after Prince Henrik retired. Her Majesty replied: "I can not say I feel lonely. It is clear that it is something completely different when he [Prince Henrik] is with me."

She's not lonely but when she's with him, though, it is something completely different?  What exactly is she saying in this line?  

I think she's trying to say that when she's with him, her world is completely different simply because of his presence.  I think she was trying to make it sound like they have some sort of super passionate and romantic connection.  But at the same time, I think she's saying that she's not needy and co-dependant and thus is perfectly capable of being on her own.  It's a weird statement and I think she's trying to say that she doesn't need him but it's also okay when he's there.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 07:21:06 PM »

January 16
Daisy received US Ambassador, HE Rufus Gifford in farewell audience. Christian IX's Palace, Amalienborg

Touched Rufus Gifford honored by Queen Margrethe

It was clearly touched Rufus Gifford, which he received a major award from the Queen for his great efforts in Denmark namely Grand Cross of Dannerbrogordenen today.

- "It is one of the greatest honors of my life, and I told also the queen", said a visibly touched Rufus Gifford, after he attended his farewell audience with His Majesty, Queen Margrethe.

From the Queen Rufus Gifford received a red box holding the Grand Cross of the Order of Dannebrog, which clearly demonstrates his great effort to bring our two nations closer together. An honors that others of Rufus Giffords American predecessors also have received.

- "It has been a fantastic journey, and I am proud received this giant honor", said Rufus, who had joined the queen with his husband Stephen De Vincent. Both were in their fanciest clothes.

- "We had a nice conversation. As all the conversations we've had over the last three and a half years. She thanked us for the work we have done here", said Rufus.

Before the visit to the Queen, Rufus Gifford had served breakfast for a bunch of early birds homeless in Copenhagen northwest.

And after meeting with His Majesty, he went to Copenhagen City Hall, where several hundred audience members heard Rufus Gifford's give his preliminary final speech followed by an opportunity to ask questions. Tickets for the event sold out in just 20 minutes.

Rufus Gifford came to Denmark 30 August 2013. He has to date been the most popular ambassador from the United States. When Rufus Gifford leaving Denmark Friday, January 20, he takes on a well deserved vacation to New Zealand and Australia.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 09:34:23 PM »

Last Saturday celebrated Queen Margrethe 45-year anniversary as regent. She chose to celebrate completely private, but the Danish royal family chose to pay tribute to the Queen. On Saturday, a large slide show was published on the royal website and the first official portrait taken by the expectant queen posted on Instagram. The picture was taken by the famous photographer Rigmor Mydtskov and represents the then 31-year-old queen, wearing the Danish crown jewels and full gala.

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 12:25:53 AM »

Wow - always so elegantly dressed!
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 12:27:27 AM »

Daisy was really a beautiful woman.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 12:31:09 AM »

Saw somewhere Rufus Gifford has a documentary coming out about his time as ambassador
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: