Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Joachim - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 11859 times)
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »

Sorry, I'm not Danish but dang, if I was, I would absolutely take King Joachim over King Fred. Look - he's doing stuff! He looks dignified doing them. He doesn't look half drunk, bored, sleepy, distracted. These are all valuable, interesting events for institutions that are important to Denmark. Athletics are part of that of course, but, come on Fred, you could go to a sculpture viewing, couldn't you?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2017, 10:28:40 PM »

April 2
Joachim participates in the UN museum's 25th anniversary
The struggle for peace is at the center of UN Museum in Frøslevlejren, which celebrated its 25th anniversary. Old friends and comrades met on a day when there was also time to dwell on history.

There was a slight ringing in the ears in Frøslevljren at the 25th anniversary of the UN Museum Tuesday. The sound came from the many medals that adorned the uniforms of the many UN veterans who took the opportunity to meet with old friends and comrades.

UN Museum's 25th anniversary was marked in beautiful sunshine with a large reception, where Prince Joachim, Deputy Chief of Defense Lt. Gen. Per Ludvigsen and Aabenraa Mayor Thomas Andresen (V) held speeches.

Before that, the royal guest - also in uniform - on a guided tour through the museum, where he selected exhibitions had the opportunity to talk to some of the soldiers who over the years have been deployed by the United Nations under the Danish flag.

Among Christian Hinrichsen who wore Denmark's first UN tab across the Sinai desert in 1956-57.

Also Jens Søndergaard, who was wounded in Croatia in 1993, recounted her experiences.

- "I've been following your story from the sidelines. It is good that you can tell about it", said Prince Joachim Jens Sondergaard, who was hit by a sniper and have since been in a wheelchair.

VIDEO 1 HERE

VIDEO 2 HERE

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2017, 01:03:05 AM »

WOW, he really has supported his patronages for forever.....and hardly gets credit for it

and the other goes on a skiing trip, and is hailed into the Olymp  Ranting Real mad
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 01:14:43 AM by PeDe » Logged

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »

Fred is the action hero! Never mind the beer belly and glassy eyes  Halo

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2017, 01:13:17 PM »

Marie's delightfulness is catching. Joachim has really lifted his game recently under her influence.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2017, 06:06:10 AM »

April 4
Joachim participates in Copenhagen Capacity's International Talent Conference
The Talent Conferences build a strong reputation for your company as a great place to work and attract the most talented international students and newly qualified from universities in Denmark.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2017, 04:41:37 PM »

May 6
Joachim participates in the opening of the special exhibition "FACE".
The exhibition "FACE. The Exhibition. An exhibition on your face "at Silkeborg Museum shows the human face in a historical perspective.

Every year flock in their thousands to Silkeborg Museum to see Tollund. But I wonder why? What is it about the 'sleeping' moseligs face, or the face as such, that is so interesting? And what faces at all tell us about the world, about the time and about ourselves? These are the questions and the fascination of the human facial importance now and over time, there has been the driving force in the development of the exhibition.

The face is our encounter with the world. Here we have most of our senses. We take in information about the surrounding world into through hearing, sight, smell, taste and touch and form us thus an impression of how the environment is. At the same time telling the face about the person wearing it.

"FACE. The Exhibition. "Is a foray through the world and time in a meeting with ourselves, face to face.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2017, 07:02:40 PM »

April 8
Joachim participates in his capacity as vice president of meeting of the "FIA Historic Motor Sport Commission" in Paris, France
The fourth UN Global Road Safety week is set to take place from 8–14 May 2017. This year the focus will be on speed management and what can be done to address this key risk factor for road traffic deaths and injuries.

The FIA and its member Clubs around the world are supporting the worldwide #SlowDown campaign: www.unroadsafetyweek.org. In total, 42 Clubs will receive funding to implement road safety projects for the Week via the FIA Road Safety Grant Programme, which is supported by the FIA Foundation.

FIA President Jean Todt, who also serves as UN Secretary General’s Special Envoy for Road Safety, said: « We know that speed is one of the main risk factors for road traffic fatalities. The result is devastation for the families and loved ones involved. So always respect the speed limit and slow down.»

Olympic Sprinter Yohan Blake, an Ambassador for the FIA High Level Panel for Road Safety & ‘3500 Lives’ campaign, who will participate in a road safety event to be held in Jamaica with local authorities on 10 May, said: “Too many lives have been lost because of speeding. If you are going somewhere and you are late, you are already late. Drive within the speed limit and remember that speeding kills”.

To mark the start of the week, the FIA also releases today a new video on speeding which has been recorded with 13-time winner of the Dakar Rally, Stéphane Peterhansel, who recently lost his license due to a speeding offence.

no photos yet.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2017, 05:42:23 PM »

May 4
Brief interview with Joachim when he attended the Copenhagen Capacity's International Talent Conference

Joachim was talking about what modern royalty is to foreign students, being asked various questions from international students, especially about the role of royals in a democracy.

Joachim said among other things:
- "We are not cartoon-figures, but also a family which blends into the community - who from time to time pops up".

How does he view himself when he is going on official visits abroad?
- "I consider myself an ambassador and I'll like to be the dream-guest. That's why I'm always well-prepared and I ensure I follow the customs of the country. My parents have taught me to meet people's expectations".

But how about the DRF now also being on Facebook and Instagram?
- "That was about time in my opinion. We are well aware that there may be questions and perhaps insults. But it's important that we as a modern monarchy reach out to the world. It's no big help that we have marble-statues made in order for people to see how we look".

Here Joachim raised his cell phone, getting a good laugh back in return.

How about the Danes time and time again being proclaimed the happiest people in the world?
- "For the first time in number of years Norway takes first place. And I'm actually glad. The Danes may have felt a bit too complacent. Next years we are number one again).

He also talked about the Danish work-culture:
- "In Denmark you have a good balance between work and family life. Yes, we actually expect from our employees that they also have a private life".

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2017, 06:00:27 PM »

May13
Joachim participates in the end of the "European Science Olympiad" (EUSO) 2017
The "European Science Olympiad" is an annual competition for Gymasium level under 17 from all over Europe who are interested in biology, physics and chemistry.

In 2017, Denmark is the host country for the 15th European Science Olympiad, in which high school students compete on knowledge and skills in science education. "European Science Olympiad" aims to stimulate young people early in their education, so they maintain interest in the natural sciences.

Prince Joachim will be present at its Olympia final competition ceremony and present the gold medals.

Participants are tested in all three disciplines and compete in teams of three students. Olympics were first held in 2003 in Ireland and Denmark took part for the first time in 2008.

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2017, 05:44:25 AM »

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall for the "contingency planning" meetings for what should take place in case Fred falls over in his duties and needs to be replaced.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2017, 05:37:02 PM »

finally some photos ~ Merci à mon ami, OCEANE  

May13
 ~ continued

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »

Joachim is right up there with Haakon and Felippe. For sure.
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2017, 01:48:14 PM »

I don't care what negative things people say about Joachim.  That he's detached, superior, and has a temper.  It's all relative.  While he's working, he appears alert, attentive, involved and prepared.  In comparison to his brother who hides his incompetence, laziness and ingrained boredom of his position behind an "all round nice guy image".  It might fool some, but I've lost all patience with Fred.

Glad to see Joachim getting some exposure, even if it's late and pushed to the background  Thumb up
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2017, 06:21:07 PM »

I don't care what negative things people say about Joachim.  That he's detached, superior, and has a temper.  It's all relative.  While he's working, he appears alert, attentive, involved and prepared.  In comparison to his brother who hides his incompetence, laziness and ingrained boredom of his position behind an "all round nice guy image".  It might fool some, but I've lost all patience with Fred.

Glad to see Joachim getting some exposure, even if it's late and pushed to the background  Thumb up

I totally agree with you, Purple  Star

and this month it seems he has set the bar for Fred pretty high, if you look at all the events going on.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: