Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Marie - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 56222 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2017, 08:00:30 PM »

I know right ?!?..... stars all around ladies  Star Star Star Star Star

JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2017, 08:51:09 PM »

Star  Banana MARIE POWER!  Star  Banana

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2017, 09:41:21 PM »

LOL  Banana JessDawn  BananaStar for you too  Beer

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2017, 12:22:58 AM »

WOW...over at another blog, people go haywire about Marie's order, saying she didn't deserve it, that she's done nothing, etc. One of them even wrote to the Legion of Honor for them to clarify why/which order Marie received.

If that would have been Mary...they would have gone bonkers with praise. Poor character of people sometimes shines through to evident.

What the actual f*&k?  They went out of their way to write to the French government to demand an explanation?   Crazy  I hope the Legion wrote back and told them to eff off. 

Marie has been involved with the French embassy and their Danish programs since the beginning of her marriage.  She is the patron of the French literary prize in Denmark, and she has done work involving getting French students to study abroad in DK.  That's why she was given this honor. 

Mosh has spent her time going back to Australia and posing for cameras.  That's it.  That's why she hasn't received anything from the Australians or the British government. 
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2017, 11:48:52 AM »

All I've to say to other blog users that are whinning about this: Suck it losers!!

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2017, 12:27:58 PM »

All I've to say to other blog users that are whinning about this: Suck it losers!!

Huge win for Team Schack if Team Derf/Mosh is freaked out!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2017, 06:48:01 PM »

wow that person I was talking about in an earlier post (she is Belgian) took it to a whole other lever:

"I received an answer of the Person in Charge of the Légion d' Honneur. She will transmit my mail to the person in Charge on the Attribution of the Order out of France. To me the Princess is Officier and not Grand Officier. If they did a mistake it is bad for Princess Marie and bad for the Order of the légion d' Honneur."

So just because she believes that Marie is undeserving to be a Grand Officer, she'll following up and makes a spectacle of herself. That's embarrassing for the blog itself. WOW...talk about haters.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2017, 06:49:15 PM »

Someone has issues Crazy Crazy Crazy

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2017, 06:50:35 PM »

From the Facebook of the French Embassy in Denmark:

On behalf of the French President appointed team, the French Ambassador to Denmark granted H.K.H. Princess Marie the grand officer of the french legion.

"The order witnesses on France's deep affection for the royal family and for Denmark", stressed the ambassador in his speech to H.K.H. Princess Marie.

Like many other Europeans you remarried with another nation, while still being connected with where you come from. You are committed to the great challenges of our time: You are heavily involved in civil defence, you worry about food and about the condition of the soil, we leave our children.

You care for young people and their education, whether it be in the fight against autism, help for the kids in the hospital in Odense or their work in the Danish Unesco Commission. And what exactly should education without poverty benefit: their commitment to Danish ngo famine relief was superb."

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:57:36 PM by PeDe » Logged

JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2017, 07:25:29 PM »

wow that person I was talking about in an earlier post (she is Belgian) took it to a whole other lever:

"I received an answer of the Person in Charge of the Légion d' Honneur. She will transmit my mail to the person in Charge on the Attribution of the Order out of France. To me the Princess is Officier and not Grand Officier. If they did a mistake it is bad for Princess Marie and bad for the Order of the légion d' Honneur."

So just because she believes that Marie is undeserving to be a Grand Officer, she'll following up and makes a spectacle of herself. That's embarrassing for the blog itself. WOW...talk about haters.

If she doesn't know why Marie earned it, then she should investigate why she did. Nice try, idiot. Snare

LOL  Banana JessDawn  BananaStar for you too  Beer

Beer

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2017, 05:21:24 PM »

Princess Marie was brilliantly beautiful in a simple and classic dress from Hugo Boss, when she received her distinguished order at the French Embassy in Copenhagen, when she received the French Order "Grand Officier dans l'Ordre de la Légion d'Honneur" at the French Embassy.

For its beautiful, wine-colored dress with three-quarter length sleeves and a boat neck bar Princess Marie a few high Jimmy Choo heels and a sparkling brooch shaped like a French lily.

Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2017, 08:47:59 PM »

Seriously, Team Marie all the way  Thumb up

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2017, 12:47:44 AM »

Address by HE Francois Zimeray
Ambassador of France to Denmark

On the occasion of the presentation of the insignia of Grand Officer in the Order of the Legion of Honor to HRH Princess Mary of Denmark
April 7, 2017

Your Royal Highness Prince Henry,
Your Royal Highness Prince Joachim,
Your Royal Highness Princess Marie

Excellencies,

Dear friends,

It is for the entire French Embassy, ​​for Karine and for me, an immense honor to receive you to celebrate the merits of Your daughter in law, Your beautiful daughter, Your wife, Her Royal Highness Princess Mary of Denmark .

Madame,

A few years ago, in Paris, I was charged with organizing the celebrations of the sixtieth anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We had planned a big exhibition where each of the thirty articles of the Declaration would be illustrated with a photograph and it was my responsibility to choose. To include the rights of the child, such as the abolition of slavery or the prohibition of torture, this selection had proved easy.

We had - sadly - only the embarrassment of the choice to imagery each of these themes. But I remember that the most difficult was to find the best way to illustrate article 1, the right to dignity, How to represent dignity in an image? My choice finally stopped on a photograph of James Nachtwey, a sumptuous landscape: the plain of Africa, dear to Karen Blixen, immense calm, eternal. In the foreground, sitting on a rock, two teenagers with tribal paintings on their bodies, elbows on their knees, contemplate the distance, majestically.

In French, the word majesté means first a title, but it also means a quality, a way of being, of existing, of holding its role in the world that inspires this sense of dignity.

It is this notion of dignity that comes to mind when I think of your role within the monarchy, the way you have to embody the nobility of a family and a people in also inscribing you in the valley of the centuries. You do it with elegance, in the tension between the passion you put into everything and the part of discretion, of abnegation, which this also supposes, of which you do not let anything appear.

This Legion of Honor, the highest distinction that France can bestow, is addressed to the Princess, and through her to the whole royal family of Denmark. But first, it devotes your personal merits. It testifies to the profound affection of France for your family and for Denmark, because you know our countries share a common history and millennium. It is this whole relationship made of values ​​of commitment that you embody magnificently, and whose strength you reinforce. Needless to say, Denmark and France, in the long history, have often fought side by side and never face to face, as they are fighting together for freedom of conscience and expression, equality of the sexes,

You are the incarnation of this French woman who has always held an eminent place in our culture and symbolizes our freedom.

For the admiration of the women involved has been part of a long tradition since Marianne, the Princess of Cleves, Madame de la Fayette, Marie Curie, Lucie Aubrac and Simone de Beauvoir.

Certainly equality did not prevail from one day to the next. But this very French label that makes the gallant discover and bow before the lady has undoubtedly constituted a favorable ground for the conquest of the rights of women.

A patron of the prize of French-speaking literature in Denmark, you are perfectly illustrating the vision of the historian Mona Ozouf, for whom "France is a feminine and literary country." You are also a committed woman, and if I judge of the causes which you defend, and of your energy in defending them, I have the idea that you would have been an excellent advocate; I saw that you do not let go.

You are engaged in the great challenges of our time. You promote the fight against food waste, concerned about the state of the Earth that we will leave to our children. But you are also concerned with the spirit of the children we will leave to our Earth. So you are resolutely focused on youth and education, whether it is fighting autism, helping the children of the Odense Hospital or sponsoring universities. And what would be education without the fight against poverty: your humanitarian commitments in Morocco or Burma in support of the Danish NGOs are impressive. You go so far as to involve yourself personally in helping the poor, when you visit the victims of Storm Urd at Noel. You are committed to the Danish Emergency Management Agency. I know that you would like to practice more often in the field the training that you have followed, but that your status is an obstacle. This order honors you infinitely.

But beyond that, your personality and background also embodies Europe. I have often thought that Denmark is much more European than it thinks. And, as Madame de Staël said, "the European spirit must now be respected".

You master five European languages, Danish, English, Italian, Spanish ... and even French. You multiply your European commitments, at the European School in Copenhagen or at the Danish Foundation of the Cité Internationale de Paris. I note in passing that you have chosen to call your daughter Athena, goddess of the cradle of Europe. Like so many Europeans, you have married a new nation, while remaining attached to the one you come from: I will never forget your emotion and that of your family,

For this life of commitment, you lead it in fidelity to your origins, to those who made you - I greet your parents and brothers, who came especially from France - and with in the heart the warm memory of your grandmother, Baroness Odile de Sairigné, who was for you a landmark and a source of balance. This life of commitment you lead it also thanks to the support of your husband Prince Joachim, who encourages you and of which you say with admiration that he is "always positive".

Dear Princess Marie, there are still some who consider the French proud or arrogant. They must be somewhat surprised to see the Republic gladly honor a royal highness. It is because this high distinction recognizes commitments of all kinds provided they are at the service of universal values. But having been privileged to see you in the exercise of your duties, to hold your rank and to defend so many universal causes, I am now convinced that even if you were not of French descent, you woul equally deserve this medal.

Our age challenges us to everything that is dear to us. The world seems at times overwhelmed by vulgarity, entertainment replaces culture, political thought is expressed in tweets and the brutality takes possession of some of the world's most powerful leaders. As opposed to the spectacle we are given to see, you have perfectly adopted the way of being of a family mixing everyday simplicity with sophistication, like the Danish design, appreciated all over the world. Your kingdom attests that the nobility does not exclude simplicity. And that suits you very well, Madame. In this way, you incarnate with historical continuity, refinement, culture and commitment.

For all these reasons, Princess Marie of Denmark, in the name of the President of the Republic, and by virtue of the powers conferred on us, we make you Grand Officer of the Legion of Honor.

Curtsey
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:55:40 AM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2017, 12:56:11 AM »

and according to this below, the order of the Grand-Officer also entails a silver star to be worn with that ribbon order.

Ordre de la Légion d'honneur avec plaque de grand-officier de la Légion d'Honneur

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:05:36 AM by PeDe » Logged

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2017, 02:15:42 AM »

Address by HE Francois Zimeray
Ambassador of France to Denmark

On the occasion of the presentation of the insignia of Grand Officer in the Order of the Legion of Honor to HRH Princess Mary of Denmark
April 7, 2017

Your Royal Highness Prince Henry,
Your Royal Highness Prince Joachim,
Your Royal Highness Princess Marie

Excellencies,

Dear friends,

It is for the entire French Embassy, ​​for Karine and for me, an immense honor to receive you to celebrate the merits of Your daughter in law, Your beautiful daughter, Your wife, Her Royal Highness Princess Mary of Denmark .

Madame,

A few years ago, in Paris, I was charged with organizing the celebrations of the sixtieth anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We had planned a big exhibition where each of the thirty articles of the Declaration would be illustrated with a photograph and it was my responsibility to choose. To include the rights of the child, such as the abolition of slavery or the prohibition of torture, this selection had proved easy.

We had - sadly - only the embarrassment of the choice to imagery each of these themes. But I remember that the most difficult was to find the best way to illustrate article 1, the right to dignity, How to represent dignity in an image? My choice finally stopped on a photograph of James Nachtwey, a sumptuous landscape: the plain of Africa, dear to Karen Blixen, immense calm, eternal. In the foreground, sitting on a rock, two teenagers with tribal paintings on their bodies, elbows on their knees, contemplate the distance, majestically.

In French, the word majesté means first a title, but it also means a quality, a way of being, of existing, of holding its role in the world that inspires this sense of dignity.

It is this notion of dignity that comes to mind when I think of your role within the monarchy, the way you have to embody the nobility of a family and a people in also inscribing you in the valley of the centuries. You do it with elegance, in the tension between the passion you put into everything and the part of discretion, of abnegation, which this also supposes, of which you do not let anything appear.

This Legion of Honor, the highest distinction that France can bestow, is addressed to the Princess, and through her to the whole royal family of Denmark. But first, it devotes your personal merits. It testifies to the profound affection of France for your family and for Denmark, because you know our countries share a common history and millennium. It is this whole relationship made of values ​​of commitment that you embody magnificently, and whose strength you reinforce. Needless to say, Denmark and France, in the long history, have often fought side by side and never face to face, as they are fighting together for freedom of conscience and expression, equality of the sexes,

You are the incarnation of this French woman who has always held an eminent place in our culture and symbolizes our freedom.

For the admiration of the women involved has been part of a long tradition since Marianne, the Princess of Cleves, Madame de la Fayette, Marie Curie, Lucie Aubrac and Simone de Beauvoir.

Certainly equality did not prevail from one day to the next. But this very French label that makes the gallant discover and bow before the lady has undoubtedly constituted a favorable ground for the conquest of the rights of women.

A patron of the prize of French-speaking literature in Denmark, you are perfectly illustrating the vision of the historian Mona Ozouf, for whom "France is a feminine and literary country." You are also a committed woman, and if I judge of the causes which you defend, and of your energy in defending them, I have the idea that you would have been an excellent advocate; I saw that you do not let go.

You are engaged in the great challenges of our time. You promote the fight against food waste, concerned about the state of the Earth that we will leave to our children. But you are also concerned with the spirit of the children we will leave to our Earth. So you are resolutely focused on youth and education, whether it is fighting autism, helping the children of the Odense Hospital or sponsoring universities. And what would be education without the fight against poverty: your humanitarian commitments in Morocco or Burma in support of the Danish NGOs are impressive. You go so far as to involve yourself personally in helping the poor, when you visit the victims of Storm Urd at Noel. You are committed to the Danish Emergency Management Agency. I know that you would like to practice more often in the field the training that you have followed, but that your status is an obstacle. This order honors you infinitely.

But beyond that, your personality and background also embodies Europe. I have often thought that Denmark is much more European than it thinks. And, as Madame de Staël said, "the European spirit must now be respected".

You master five European languages, Danish, English, Italian, Spanish ... and even French. You multiply your European commitments, at the European School in Copenhagen or at the Danish Foundation of the Cité Internationale de Paris. I note in passing that you have chosen to call your daughter Athena, goddess of the cradle of Europe. Like so many Europeans, you have married a new nation, while remaining attached to the one you come from: I will never forget your emotion and that of your family,

For this life of commitment, you lead it in fidelity to your origins, to those who made you - I greet your parents and brothers, who came especially from France - and with in the heart the warm memory of your grandmother, Baroness Odile de Sairigné, who was for you a landmark and a source of balance. This life of commitment you lead it also thanks to the support of your husband Prince Joachim, who encourages you and of which you say with admiration that he is "always positive".

Dear Princess Marie, there are still some who consider the French proud or arrogant. They must be somewhat surprised to see the Republic gladly honor a royal highness. It is because this high distinction recognizes commitments of all kinds provided they are at the service of universal values. But having been privileged to see you in the exercise of your duties, to hold your rank and to defend so many universal causes, I am now convinced that even if you were not of French descent, you woul equally deserve this medal.

Our age challenges us to everything that is dear to us. The world seems at times overwhelmed by vulgarity, entertainment replaces culture, political thought is expressed in tweets and the brutality takes possession of some of the world's most powerful leaders. As opposed to the spectacle we are given to see, you have perfectly adopted the way of being of a family mixing everyday simplicity with sophistication, like the Danish design, appreciated all over the world. Your kingdom attests that the nobility does not exclude simplicity. And that suits you very well, Madame. In this way, you incarnate with historical continuity, refinement, culture and commitment.

For all these reasons, Princess Marie of Denmark, in the name of the President of the Republic, and by virtue of the powers conferred on us, we make you Grand Officer of the Legion of Honor.

Curtsey

This is really lovely, Peeds!  Star  That honor was well-deserved on Marie's part. 

And she accomplished it without having to do multiple "looker me!" tours of France.  Amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: